INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy Birthday Peter

+3
oncesubtle
David
CanuckBob
7 posters

Go down

Happy Birthday Peter Empty Happy Birthday Peter

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:28 pm

Hope your having a great one.

Beer Beer Beer

mariachi
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Peter Empty Re: Happy Birthday Peter

Post by David Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Language police; that would be "You're."
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:09 pm

Actually that would be "you're". Happy birthday Peter, best wishes for a long and joyus life in Ol' Mexico. mariachi

Last edited by oncesubtle on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Old age)
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:48 pm

And the texting police would say: OMG WGAF LOL
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:11 pm

...and I say: Happy Birthday, Peter. Live long and prosper! mariachi

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:24 am

Happy Birthday Peter 6

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 pm

Omigosh! I missed my birthday.

Thanks very much all. I was caught-up making my move out of the Centro and back into my remodled home after more than a year - and I actually have a cochera and can park and use my car again!

I will see all you Lakesiders soon, sometime after we get more settled back in. Ajijic is still our favorite NOB experience right here in Mexico. Tere is hinting strongly about wanting some pie from Pannino's. Won't be long. See you then -Peter

flag waver mariachi flag waver
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:53 am

Peter wrote:Omigosh! I missed my birthday.

Thanks very much all. I was caught-up making my move out of the Centro and back into my remodled home after more than a year - and I actually have a cochera and can park and use my car again!

I will see all you Lakesiders soon, sometime after we get more settled back in. Ajijic is still our favorite NOB experience right here in Mexico. Tere is hinting strongly about wanting some pie from Pannino's. Won't be long. See you then -Peter

flag waver mariachi flag waver

God, Peter, I wish I´d missed my birthday a week ago when I turned 69 and, get this, entered my seventieth year. Of course, you may still be young enough to spend birthdays in celebration rather than lamentation and may not have to live with the spectre of your dead Aunt Dorothy standing by at the Pearly Gates with one of those suppositories she used to dearly love while on the planet to punish me for moving to the despised San Francisco as a young man during the (shudder) Summer of Love.

Sorry we will not be in Ajijic to greet you and Tere but, while San Cristóbal would certainly not be a NOB experience, perhaps you will make it down here to Northern Guatemala someday. No Pannino´s pie around here but lots of delicious tamal pies of various types. Considering the amount of lard used to make even one tamal, you´d best bring a pace maker down form Morelia as the only ones they sell down here require periodic winding up which would make you quite a spectacle on the chicken bus.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks, Dawg. A belated Feliz Cumpleaños to you also. I seem to recall yours is just a couple days before mine. I wish you many happy returns. many folks in their 70's tell me these are the best years of their lives, you just got to make it one more time around the sun. The down-side would be that going to an early grave would no longer be possible, the good is that the best is yet to come. Hard to imagine ¿No?

Our ex-pat club had its monthly meeting on my birthday this year so I was obliged to buy the botanas and make it my birthday party, now that I am the club prez this year. My much loftier duty, Keeper of the Bocce Balls, was a task I was able to pass along to the club treasurer and rid myself of the weighty burden.

We may be visiting you before long. I have to work out the logistics of transporting a marimba back to Michoacán. That would be a welcome addition to my private conservatory. I love the old Baja Marimba Band - not bad for a bunch of "gringos" dressed-up like Mexicans. It was a very sincere form of flattery when the world would let us make such statements, but now they would not be considered "politically correct". I still enjoy them though. See if this brings back memories - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd33UYdUzQU&NR=1
Peter
Peter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Ironic

http://amigo.foroactivo.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:41 am

Peter wrote:We may be visiting you before long. I have to work out the logistics of transporting a marimba back to Michoacán. That would be a welcome addition to my private conservatory. I love the old Baja Marimba Band - not bad for a bunch of "gringos" dressed-up like Mexicans. It was a very sincere form of flattery when the world would let us make such statements, but now they would not be considered "politically correct". I still enjoy them though. v=fd33UYdUzQU&NR=1

You´re on, Peter. Occasionally the San Cristóbal Municipal Marimba Orchestra gives morning concerts at the principal plaza to entertain Dawg and Princess the Xoloitzquintli during our daily constitutionals but to be sure of hearing live music in a festive atmosphere during your (possible) visit, we can head down to Marimba Park in Tuxtla Gutierrez for the weekend concerts in that popular, tree-lined park in the state capital. The Tuxtla Gutierrez marimba concerts are well attended by locals and the park is surrounded by cafes and restaurants where one can imbibe in eveything from ice cream sundaes to shots of tequila or the more locally favored rum or cane alcohol. You may also rest assured that the musicians will no be "gringos" but there may be a Honduran here or there just slipped across the border.

If you want to drive a good bargain in Tuxtla on a Marimba to take back to Morelia, take it easy on the rum until you have negotiated a good price.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down