INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arileo's - West Ajijic

+10
BobC
NoeLopez
joyfull
Zedinmexico
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
David
barbicheesecake
hockables
juanrey
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Arileo's - West Ajijic Empty Arileo's - West Ajijic

Post by juanrey Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:28 am

Based on the recommendation from a couple friends, four of us went out to try Arileo's out west of Ajijic.
It's lakeside, just past the second Pemex heading toward toward Jocotopec. Big place, 2 story building, if you pass the second Pemex and start looking on the left you can't miss it.

Great restaurant and worth the trip out there. Two of the four had the prime rib, one had the NY Strip steak and I had the fried chicken. Everyone said their's was great. I tasted the NY Strip and it was a "real" NY strip about 3/4" to 1" thick, nice sized 300g, and it tasted great. First NY Strip I have had down here that was that good. The girls said the prime rib was very good, and my fried chicken was very tasty. Prime rib and NY Strip were around 290 pesos. Great service. Big place, will hold a lot of people, maybe 40 tables.

Give it a try before the snowbirds get down here, I'm sure they will be busy once everyone finds out about it.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Arileo's - West Ajijic Empty Re: Arileo's - West Ajijic

Post by hockables Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:11 pm

juanrey wrote:Based on the recommendation from a couple friends, four of us went out to try Arileo's out west of Ajijic.
It's lakeside, just past the second Pemex heading toward toward Jocotopec.  Big place, 2 story building, if you pass the second Pemex and start looking on the left you can't miss it.

Great restaurant and worth the trip out there.  Two of the four had the prime rib, one had the NY Strip steak and I had the fried chicken.  Everyone said their's was great.  I tasted the NY Strip and it was a "real" NY strip about 3/4" to 1" thick, nice sized 300g, and it tasted great.  First NY Strip I have had down here that was that good.  The girls said the prime rib was very good, and my fried chicken was very tasty.  Prime rib and NY Strip were around 290 pesos.  Great service.  Big place, will hold a lot of people, maybe 40 tables.

Give it a try before the snowbirds get down here, I'm sure they will be busy once everyone finds out about it.

290 pesos each? Shocked
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:54 pm

290 pesos each? Shocked - I agree that is a lot of pesos when you can get a steak at Tango's for $55 pesos for lunch.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Not a USDA New York strip.  Apples & Oranges.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:31 pm

Apples & Oranges are 290 each? .... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:55 pm

You are correct David, apples and oranges.
This is THE best steak I've had down here, closest I've come before this was Four and they wanted 650 for the big one that 2 people could share.
Anyway, yes the NY Strip was 290 each and to me it was worth every peso. Like I said they have a whole lot of other things on the menu, example the fried chicken I had was 115 pesos.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Please help me understand what makes a steak dinner worth 290 pesos.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:38 am

I cannot debate the value any person places on anything, that's personal choice / opinion and everyone is entitled to their own and I respect that.

I was simply trying to convey to everyone that I found a good restaurant, that has good food, good service and some items on the menu that are not readily found here. I put the prices in just so people would know before they went and that they have a wide price range on the menu.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:53 am

sounds good.... will halfta try it...   Beer

I sometimes feel guilty for spending more, on a meal, than my housekeeper makes in a day...

sometimes a fella needs a " steak fix " Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:05 am

It was not my intention to debate the value. I could not even if I wanted to since I have not been there. I have had meals that would be worth that to me. I was wondering what made it so for your party.
I will still give the place a try in the future but will start with one of the lower priced options. If that is spectacularly better than comparable ones I have had elsewhere, I may eventually work up to the steak dinner. I am glad you did include the prices. It helps to know what I can plan on spending when I do dine there.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:44 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Please help me understand what makes a steak dinner worth 290 pesos.

The real owner is Don Shula?  scratch

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:36 pm

Anyone know if they're open on Mondays?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:25 pm

I thought the sign said closed Weds, but not 100% sure.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:36 am

If I told you French fries in Napa Califonia were 15USD would that update your cost model? At the local very good Mexican restaurant in Bellevue outside of Seattle A Mexican meal for four with drinks is over 100USD. This is a good but not fancy restaurant in the suburbs. Food inflation is crazy especially for high quality stuff. I probably won't pay the money for a steak as I like Yves tbones but the price quoted is not ridiculous IF it is a very high quality steak.

We have a small club and rent out a van and driver and go once a month to high end resturants in Guad. We find it half the price of equal US resturants and the steak prices are around the same as what this lakeside restaurant is charging for premium beef.

Enjoy!!! Hey I don't go to the two French resturants in Ajijic but I am glad they are here for that special occasion or for folks with more income to spend than I.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:47 am

Three of us went to Arileos's last evening.  The price for the rib-eye and New York is $195, Vacio was $145.  Excellent service and great food.  Complimentary shots of tequila to celebrate Independencia.  Noe and Paco provided entertainment.  We'll be back!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:07 pm

Sorry I cannot agree on this restaurant. We have eaten there twice. The first time there were four of us and no one enjoyed their meal. I like to give a place a least 2 chances. About a week ago I was craving a hamburger and someone on the board had said they were excellent. Sorry to say I was completely disappointed. It was mushy and gray from all the filler used. The dish my husband ordered had cheese on it and wasn't even lukewarm. He sent it back and then still didn't eat it. We will not be going back.
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by NoeLopez Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:33 am

Just so everybody know the NY steak price is 195 pesos, not 290.

NoeLopez

Back to top Go down

Post by BobC Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:49 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:If I told you French fries in Napa Califonia were 15USD would that update your cost model?  At the local very good Mexican restaurant in Bellevue outside of Seattle A Mexican meal for four with drinks is over 100USD. This is a good but not fancy restaurant in the suburbs.  Food inflation is crazy especially for high quality stuff.  I probably won't pay the money for a steak as I like Yves tbones but the price quoted  is not ridiculous IF it is a very high quality steak.

We have a small club and rent out a van and driver and go once a month to high end resturants in Guad.  We find it half the price of equal US  resturants and the steak prices are around the same as what this lakeside restaurant is charging for premium beef.

Enjoy!!!   Hey I don't go to the two French resturants in Ajijic but I am glad they are here for that special occasion or for folks with more income to spend than I.

Here's another point of reference for everybody. Here in rural Eastern Ontario, for lunch today I had a cheeseburger (thankfully, a good one), fries (OK, actually it was poutine-- fries with gravy and cheese curd) and a coke. With tax and modest tip, it came to $20, which is about $240 pesos I think.

Bob

BobC
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Any kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Good to know, Bob. When I am in Eastern Ontario (which I expect to be in, like, never) I will be prepared to pay $20 for a cheeseburger lunch. But here, lakeside, I expect to pay much less--and do. You do have my sympathy for having to pay that much to eat out.

Thank you, Noe, for clarifying the price of the NY steak at Arileo. That is more in keeping with the cost of a high-end steak dinner here.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am

My apologies on the price discrepancy.
After David posted the price at 195p and thought about it and remembered that the 290 p was for the pre-fix, which included the salad and desert.

Sorry.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:18 am

juanrey wrote:My apologies on the price discrepancy.
After David posted the price at 195p and thought about it and remembered that the 290 p was for the pre-fix, which included the salad and desert.

Sorry.

Its all good fun ... still love read'n your blog...

One of the best reads for any Newbie contemplating Lakeside Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 am

Someone on TOB was complaining about the live music there, which I don't care for either when I'm eating.
Now 4 of us went there Tues. night and sat near the entrance which is a long way from the music which is in the back in  the southeast corner which was a long ways from our table, so we were not bothered at all. The music was excellent BTW, as it was just 3 pieces of Jimmy Barto, on trumpet, Paco playing an excellent guitar, and Noe.....really professional.
The meals were great, the music was great, the prices were fair....what more could you ask?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:58 am

hockables wrote:

Sorry.

One of the best reads for any Newbie contemplating Lakeside   Beer

Gracias Hocks, one of these days we gots to get together.
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:44 am

juanrey wrote:
hockables wrote:

Sorry.

One of the best reads for any Newbie contemplating Lakeside   Beer

Gracias Hocks, one of these days we gots to get together.

I look forward to that.... maybe we can meet at Arileos Very Happy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:42 am

I went to Arileos's Tuesday and ordered the Grilled Tuna medium. The Tuna came out raw with some cream sauce all over it, it was a very small piece about the size of a deck of cards for 165 pesos. I sent it back and asked that the cream be removed and to cook it to medium. After about 10 minutes it came back as before raw with cream sauce all over it. I paid out and left it there untouched. I will not be back, even on Tuesday when Tango is closed.
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next