INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

+9
Smartalex
slainte39
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
arbon
viajero
Jim W
Pedro
Rolly
13 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Want to renounce your USA citizenship? Empty Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

Post by Rolly Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:28 pm

Want to get rid of your USA citizenship? The fee is now $2,350.
http://globalnews.ca/news/1532175/want-to-get-rid-of-u-s-citizenship-fee-just-quadrupled-to-2350/
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Want to renounce your USA citizenship? Empty Re: Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

Post by Pedro Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:32 pm

wadda fine country-gets ya coming and going-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Want to renounce your USA citizenship? Empty Re: Want to renounce your USA citizenship?

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:04 pm

Rolly wrote:Want to get rid of your USA citizenship? The fee is now $2,350.
http://globalnews.ca/news/1532175/want-to-get-rid-of-u-s-citizenship-fee-just-quadrupled-to-2350/

Rolly, what does it cost to get rid of Canadian citizenship?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Pedro wrote:wadda fine country-gets ya coming and going-SNORK!
There are probably several hundred million people around the world who would gladly pay more than $2,350 to obtain US citizenship.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:19 pm

viajero wrote:
There are probably several hundred million people around the world who would gladly pay more than $2,350 to obtain US citizenship.

'It cost and arm and a leg'
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 pm

Jim W wrote:
Rolly wrote:Want to get rid of your USA citizenship? The fee is now $2,350.

Rolly, what does it cost to get rid of Canadian citizenship?

First you have to prove that you are a Canadian citizen, then it costs $100 cad
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:42 pm

viajero wrote:

Right on my liberal friend! Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm

arbon wrote:

First you have to prove  that you are a Canadian citizen, then it costs $100 cad
That's a bargain,it'll probably cost you more than that just to get your maple leaf tattoo removed.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 pm

Jim W wrote:
Right on my liberal friend!
Thanks Jim,my conservative friend,too bad the knuckleheads in DC can't get along like we do.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:07 pm

viajero wrote:
arbon wrote:

First you have to prove  that you are a Canadian citizen, then it costs $100 cad
That's a bargain,it'll probably cost you more than that just to get your maple leaf tattoo removed.

Thumbs up crackin my self up.........$100.00 to denounce their citizen ship.....They screw their citizens, huge taxes......I think its time to charge Canadians for auto fees crossing our border. As one poster said tonight... they get us for giving up citizenship!
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:00 am

I have a lot of American friends down here and every one of them bash the US government and the general state of affairs up there, on a regular basis. But for some reason, if a non-US citizen bashes the US they suddenly become very defensive and patriotic........go figure.

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:28 am

CanuckBob wrote:I have a lot of American friends down here and every one of them bash the US government and the general state of affairs up there, on a regular basis. But for some reason, if a non-US citizen bashes the US they suddenly become very defensive and patriotic........go figure.

Beer
SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:52 am

CanuckBob wrote:I have a lot of American friends down here and every one of them bash the US government and the general state of affairs up there, on a regular basis. But for some reason, if a non-US citizen bashes the US they suddenly become very defensive and patriotic........go figure.

Beer
I think it's just human nature,I might bash my brothers on occasion,but I wouldn't put up with someone outside of the family doing it.And pedro never misses a chance to bash the US,should I just shut up and let him get away with it?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:59 am

CBob, I think it is the same human trait you see in families and other groups. They will talk smack about each other but god help the outsider who does the same thing. "Listen, buddy, he may be stone stupid but he is OUR stone stupid, so shut your pie hole."
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:11 am

viajero wrote:

Beer
should I just shut up and let him get away with it?

No, not at all. I just figured many Americans would agree with him given the bashings I always hear. I was very surprised to hear what Americans had to say when I came down here. We never really heard this kind of talk from Americans living in Canada, and being only 15 minutes from the border I spent a lot of time in the US.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:37 am

CanuckBob wrote:]

I just figured many Americans would agree with him given the bashings I always hear.
Bob, I agree ,there's plenty to criticize about the US,I just don't need to hear it from pedro.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:43 am

Well as long as you know that pedro isn't Canada's ambassador so those are just his opinions........jajaja.

BTW.....when people told me my ex-wife was a bitch I totally agreed with them!!!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 am

CanuckBob wrote:

BTW.....when people told me my ex-wife was a bitch I totally agreed with them!!!!!!!
Jaja,so did I,but at that point she was no longer family...

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:46 am

"It's Yours" "own It" . Eh
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:52 am

Yes, Arbon. The U.S. is ours to bash, trash and love--just like the uncle who gets drunk and mean and spoils every party. When the neighbors say bad things, we still defend him.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 29, 2014 9:55 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:CBob, I think it is the same human trait you see in families and other groups. They will talk smack about each other but god help the outsider who does the same thing. "Listen, buddy, he may be stone stupid but he is OUR stone stupid, so shut your pie hole."

This is never more exemplified than the use of the "N" word within certain segments of the A/A community in the US, but is completely verboten when coming from outsiders.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:11 am

slainte39 wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:CBob, I think it is the same human trait you see in families and other groups. They will talk smack about each other but god help the outsider who does the same thing. "Listen, buddy, he may be stone stupid but he is OUR stone stupid, so shut your pie hole."

This is never more exemplified than the use of the "N" word within certain segments of the A/A community in the US, but is completely verboten when coming from outsiders.

¿So slainte are you still claimed by the IRS as an American citizen for Taxes?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:
viajero wrote:

Beer
should I just shut up and let him get away with it?

No, not at all. I just figured many Americans would agree with him given the bashings I always hear. I was very surprised to hear what Americans had to say when I came down here. We never really heard this kind of talk from Americans living in Canada, and being only 15 minutes from the border I spent a lot of time in the US.
i spent many years in montana and never heard the kind of excited states bashing by it's own, that goes on in this enclave. difernt breed o' yanquis-SNORK!
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:43 am

Not all Americans think, speak and talk the same. Wow! Quite an observation there. If you know folks in one state they are different from people in other places. ANOTHER astute observation. I tell ya, nothing gets past you guys!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:52 am

Pedro wrote:
i spent many years in montana and never heard the kind of excited states bashing by it's own,
Yeah,I'll bet you didn't engage in much US bashing there either....unlike here and now from your computer.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next