INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid-May trip

+8
SunshineyDay
David
arbon
viajero
Mainecoons
CanuckBob
Pedro
Rubia
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mid-May trip - Page 2 Empty Re: Mid-May trip

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

Arbon, you did not go down far enough in the list of various meanings for goober. You missed this one:
“A person who is a combination of a loser, idiot, klutz, bigot, naïve, arrogant, oblivious and generally lacking insight to the world, very opinionated but is never perceived as a smart or charismatic.
This person will often find him/her self in awkward situations, often without realizing it. Someone who will say inappropriate things at the wrong time and thinks its all cool.”

Only Rubia knows how the word was meant in this case.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Raybourne Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:31 am

Looks like you're in need of some help, unless you're talking about running your mouth, goober. That is something you truly excel at.

Jeff Raybourne
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:36 am

I think Rubia gained some valuable wisdom from the insight offered from this forum. jajajaja

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubia Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 am

SunshineyDay wrote:I think Rubia gained some valuable wisdom from the insight offered from this forum. jajajaja

No kidding.  Rolling Eyes 

Rubia

Humor : Straight up, slightly dirty, two olives.

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

Pedro wrote:i'm gonna let the guy who called me goober get 'em for reasons known to you and your wife.

I don't know about goobers....but..."Gentlemen prefer rubias (blondes)".....eh, Pedro???     Twisted Evil

Welcome aboard rubia, whatever sex you are...or no sex at all.     lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:47 am

Yeah they will probably move to SMA now..........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:49 am

And it gets better or worse depending on which side of the bed we all get up on. LOL! Or maybe it is just too much sun.

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:50 am

Or tequila????

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:52 am

Jeff Raybourne wrote:Looks like you're in need of some help, unless you're talking about running your mouth, goober. That is something you truly excel at.

I think Pedro, in that photo has found the perfect solution for a "running" nose, if not the mouth.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:53 am

Rubia wrote:Shout out to CheenaGringo, who took the time to answer my original question in a PM.  Thank you.
yep looks like yer goober comment was a segue fer some fun and now the prune brigade as usual headed up by ahem,a lady.
we drove down 25 from billings montana and crossed at santa teresa which is only about 6 miles west of el paso so you can avoid juarez.
we used the guia roji road atlas for the mexico part which was very helpful and surprisingly accurate. that was 8 years ago.
i can make a mean martooni as that seems to be yer poison of choice.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:55 am

slainte39 wrote:
Jeff Raybourne wrote:Looks like you're in need of some help, unless you're talking about running your mouth, goober. That is something you truly excel at.

I think Pedro, in that photo has found the perfect solution for a "running" nose, if not the mouth.
i am always full of solutions
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:58 am

of what????

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:05 pm

Rubia wrote:Shout out to CheenaGringo, who took the time to answer my original question in a PM.  Thank you.

BEWARE!!!....of wolves dressed in Chinese sheep clothing.   Very Happy 

As far as the OP, I can't help much, as the last time I crossed in that area, they were still looking for Fco. Villa.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Arbon, you did not go down far enough in the list of various meanings for goober. You missed this one:
“A person who is a combination of a loser, idiot, klutz, bigot, naïve, arrogant, oblivious and generally lacking insight to the world, very opinionated but is never perceived as a smart or charismatic.
This person will often find him/her self in awkward situations, often without realizing it. Someone who will say inappropriate things at the wrong time and thinks its all cool.”

#5.Goober.
a beautiful man with personality, charm and style, relaxed and down to earth but with exacting high standards, outrageous sense of humor, comfortable in his own skin in all situations, a man who takes care of his looks in an old english sense of way yet still reeking masculine qualities, easily approachable, yet more than a challenge to win over and keep, knows exactly who he is and possessing steel-like inner confidence in approach and attitude, always ready to take a strong lead, yet with a mysterious vulnerability making him all the more attractive to the men who want to be like him and the women who want to be with him.

Peter is such a total goober, I'm not sure what it is, but I just can't get him out of my head, I'll never forget the night he looked at me and smiled with that handsome, boyish grin. Look, I still have goose bumps!

by Crystal Chanda Lier December 17, 2010
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:46 pm

David wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:I'm in Dallas now.  Post the brand and part number and I can pick them up and bring them back in about two weeks.

Pedro provided that info in his post.

Ah you are right. Nothing was capitalized so I missed it.

He needs NGK spark plugs, type B6HS.

I can get them if you want them Pedro.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:05 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
David wrote:
Mainecoons wrote:I'm in Dallas now.  Post the brand and part number and I can pick them up and bring them back in about two weeks.

Pedro provided that info in his post.

Ah you are right.  Nothing was capitalized so I missed it.  

He needs NGK spark plugs, type B6HS.

I can get them if you want them Pedro.

like i told you before-no thanks.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:14 pm

arbon wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Arbon, you did not go down far enough in the list of various meanings for goober. You missed this one:

#5.Goober.
a beautiful man with personality, charm and style, relaxed and down to earth but with exacting high standards, outrageous sense of humor, comfortable in his own skin in all situations, a man who takes care of his looks in an old english sense of way yet still reeking masculine qualities, easily approachable, yet more than a challenge to win over and keep, knows exactly who he is and possessing steel-like inner confidence in approach and attitude, always ready to take a strong lead, yet with a mysterious vulnerability making him all the more attractive to the men who want to be like him and the women who want to be with him.

Peter is such a total goober, I'm not sure what it is, but I just can't get him out of my head, I'll never forget the night he looked at me and smiled with that handsome, boyish grin. Look, I still have goose bumps!

by Crystal Chanda Lier December 17, 2010
i'm sure rubia will agree with crystal once i make her a dirty martooni.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 pm

Rubia wrote:Dead Horse   Sorry if this has been covered ad nauseam.  Dead Horse 

I'm driving down from Abq., crossing at Sta. Teresa.  I have a hotel picked out on the periferico of Chihuahua for my first night and am looking at the highway choices north of Guadalajara.  Google has me going in a westerly direction at Fresnillo and in on Highway 23.  Then there is 54D out of Zacatecas OR 45D out of Zacatecas through Aguascalientes and Lagos.  

This is not the time for me to be ambling around leisurely-like.  I got places to be and stuff to do.  Any wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

And PS-anybody need anything from NOB, I'm happy to haul it down.

Thanks,
R

Both 23 and 54D will be two lane roads and very winding. I have done both and one is as good/bad as the other... with several towns and many topes. 54, as it approaches Guadalajara, will be VERY winding as it goes through the canyons. If you get any truck traffic on either of those roads it can affect your speed. Also, although the "D" in 54D usually denotes a cuota (toll), 54D is certainly NOT a cuota!

After having done both of them once (and I was in no hurry so chose to enjoy the new routes), I now always drive on down 45D through Aguascalientes and come into Guadalajara from the east on 80D. It is pretty much toll all the way and thus high-speed. As such, it will get you to Guadalajara in the same amount of time as either 54 or 23.... and probably a little more relaxed (if not poorer).

There is a cuota 'around' Zacetas and I suggest taking it unless you want to spend the night there. There is also a bypass of sorts to the east side of Aguascalientes. If you need any 'directions' for those let me know.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2