INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Gelato Store in San Antonio

4 posters

Go down

New Gelato Store in San Antonio Empty New Gelato Store in San Antonio

Post by simpsca Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:38 pm

For those of you who don't know about this, there is a new Gelato store in San Antonio in the little strip area on the lake side just east of Superlake and Mail Boxes, Etc. It's near the store with all the pretty pottery outside and it's called "Romeo and Juliette". It is fabulous and is the real thing (at least like I had in New York City:)

They have many flavors and their prices are reasonable. They have been in Chapala for some time but I just saw the new store this week.

flag waver
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

New Gelato Store in San Antonio Empty Re: New Gelato Store in San Antonio

Post by Carry Bean Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:38 pm

Good for dessert after the great pasta at Angelica's. Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:13 pm

simpsca wrote:For those of you who don't know about this, there is a new Gelato store in San Antonio in the little strip area on the lake side just east of Superlake and Mail Boxes, Etc. It's near the store with all the pretty pottery outside and it's called "Romeo and Juliette". It is fabulous and is the real thing (at least like I had in New York City:)

They have many flavors and their prices are reasonable. They have been in Chapala for some time but I just saw the new store this week.

flag waver

Great gelato. We always stop for a cone when in Chapala but have been distressed that they are in a sort of isolated area there and did not seem to have sufficient sales volume to stay afloat. This opening in San Antonio seems like a great move. We are lucky to have a place serving great gelato. Get on by there folks.

Simpsca wonders on another thread if Dawg is being wired by smoke or drink and whether the ingestion of mind-altering chemicals contributed to a post I made earlier today. I was reminded of those days when I lived for a time in Nariobi at the YMCA and a group of us guys used to walk from the YMCA to this gelato place after smoking some weed and, man, was that great gelato. Well, Dawg no longer smokes dope and hasn´t for many years but the gelato in that San Antonio place is so good I am taken back to Nairobi circa 1969 but one needn´t smoke anything to love the fabulous gelato sold there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:27 am

Geese, another travellog from the world traveler.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:52 am

hound dog wrote:
simpsca wrote:For those of you who don't know about this, there is a new Gelato store in San Antonio in the little strip area on the lake side just east of Superlake and Mail Boxes, Etc. It's near the store with all the pretty pottery outside and it's called "Romeo and Juliette". It is fabulous and is the real thing (at least like I had in New York City:)

flag waver

Great gelato. We always stop for a cone when in Chapala but have been distressed that they are in a sort of isolated area there and did not seem to have sufficient sales volume to stay afloat. This opening in San Antonio seems like a great move. We are lucky to have a place serving great gelato. Get on by there folks.

Simpsca wonders on another thread if Dawg is being wired by smoke or drink and whether the ingestion of mind-altering chemicals contributed to a post I made earlier today. I was reminded of those days when I lived for a time in Nariobi at the YMCA and a group of us guys used to walk from the YMCA to this gelato place after smoking some weed and, man, was that great gelato. Well, Dawg no longer smokes dope and hasn´t for many years but the gelato in that San Antonio place is so good I am taken back to Nairobi circa 1969 but one needn´t smoke anything to love the fabulous gelato sold there.

New Gelato Store in San Antonio 1

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am

Carry Bean wrote:Good for dessert after the great pasta at Angelica's. Very Happy

I've been meaning to talk to you about that Carrie Bean. You got me hooked on that home made fettuccine at Cafe Angelicas with the pesto crudo sauce! Now there is Romeo and Juliette's down the strip - there is no hope for my waistline. bounce
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:03 pm

No, but that's why God made elastic. Very Happy I get cravings for that dish regularly.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:32 pm

martygraw wrote:Geese, another travellog from the world traveler.

Actually, Marty,the words are "Jeez! and "travelogue" but, be that as it may, Dawg is quite impressed that you took the local touts lining up camel riding suckers and rented a camel at Giza as depicted in your personal photo on your posting, or was it Orlando, but what was really impressive was the fact that you managed to find a three humped camel to rent . Oh! wait; that third hump appears to be Marty´s beer gut. Damn! I thought there for a minute we could rent an RV and tour places like Branson, MO during the off-season with that three humped camel pulling the suckers in at a quarter each.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:49 pm

Best watch your own typing if you're going to be a grammar/spelling policeman. I think it's Nairobi, not Nariobi.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:30 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Best watch your own typing if you're going to be a grammar/spelling policeman. I think it's Nairobi, not Nariobi.

Typing mistakes are commonplace and occur often on posts here and there no matter the source. Sub-literate spelling errors demonstrating an, at best, marginal comprehension of the English language are more serious transgressions than simple typos as occurred in my spelling of "Nairobi" . Your comment that I had "Best watch (my) own typing...." is poor syntax on your part and a mixed message. Dawg does not recollect suggesting Marty was guilty of using incorrect grammar although, doubtless, he would have committed grammatical errors in short order had he persisted in continuing his snotty commentary.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:53 pm

hound dog wrote:
martygraw wrote:Geese, another travellog from the world traveler.

Actually, Marty,the words are "Jeez! and "travelogue" but, be that as it may, Dawg is quite impressed that you took the local touts lining up camel riding suckers and rented a camel at Giza as depicted in your personal photo on your posting, or was it Orlando, but what was really impressive was the fact that you managed to find a three humped camel to rent . Oh! wait; that third hump appears to be Marty´s beer gut. Damn! I thought there for a minute we could rent an RV and tour places like Branson, MO during the off-season with that three humped camel pulling the suckers in at a quarter each.

Sorry but I like geese better, and it was just outside of Sharm el sheikh, and you my son are not one to talk when it comes to beer bellys, if I let myself get as big as you I would't been seen in public. And by the way the correct spelling is Gizeh.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:19 pm

....if I let myself get as big as you I would't been seen in public. And by the way the correct spelling is Gizeh.[/quote]

Don´t look now, Tubs but you are there in spades. You were not only willing to shamelessly venture outside but were willing to be photographed riding a camel in Sharm el Sheikh; Egypt´s version of Orlando complete with bumpkin tourists.

By the way, I am sure you are aware that words such as "Giza" or "Gizeh" are phonetic renditions of Egyptian Arabic in Latin script so neither is actually correct nor, for that matter, incorrect . Anyone who has ever ventured more than 20 miles out of Yazoo City knows that.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:34 pm

You're a fine one to talk of syntax. Obviously you still haven't picked up a copy of "Elements of Style" and it really shows with the endless sentences and poor writing.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down