INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HP Printer Repair

+4
Zedinmexico
Hensley
zenwoodle
windrider17
8 posters

Go down

HP Printer Repair Empty HP Printer Repair

Post by windrider17 Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:00 pm

I have an HP Printer that needs some attention. Anyone have a suggestion on where to take it?

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

HP Printer Repair Empty Re: HP Printer Repair

Post by zenwoodle Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:09 pm

Mine too.
My advice is buy a new printer and NOT an HP Beer 
zenwoodle
zenwoodle
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, but nobody seems to get it

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:50 am

I just took mine to Martin on Ocampo's computer store and the kids fixed mine up.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:16 am

zenwoodle wrote:Mine too.
No don't buy cheap printers. All brands have sucky low end printers that don't hold up, have expensive ink, and crappy software.  What do you expect in a hundred dollar All in one printer?  I buy office gear and it lasts five years, has better networking software because it has to work in an office.  You and your house who cares
is the attitude. The low end consumer computer market is really bad right now.  I include my objections to very cheap all in one computers also. The consumers have spoken and it is give us the cheap crap and all the printer makers supply what the market wants.

Disclaimer:  I did work for HP for 23 years but I do own a Dell Laptop laugh out loud so not so tied to the brand.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:54 am

Can you outline the problem?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Paper won't feed. Jams when it enters the printing area.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:30 pm

windrider17 wrote:Paper won't feed.  Jams when it enters the printing area.
Clean the rubber rollers. You are using Xerox paper right?  The rollers may have goop on them and cant grab the paper.
Very common printer problem to all makes when you use certain types of paper or over long term use.  Google clean
your rollers on ink jet printer and I bet instructions will come up.  Start here before doing anything else. The faster the
printer moves paper thru it the more important the condition of the rollers are.

Z

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Also, paper here tends to absorb moisture. As Zed knows, the rollers use very fine tolerances, and even though you can't see it, paper gets "fat" and either won't grab or slides in askew. Try some new paper, and fan it first, or try just one new sheet.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Also, paper here tends to absorb moisture. As Zed knows, the rollers use very fine tolerances, and even though you can't see it, paper gets "fat" and either won't grab or slides in askew. Try some new paper, and fan it first, or try just one new sheet.
Good point paper quality is an issue and moisture content is mui importante. I forgot about the moisture issue as NOB
we all live in climate controlled areas. At LCS I keep the copier paper with Dry Ease which removes the moisture in the cabinet for the humid season. Paper is as important as the condition of the rollers.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
No don't buy cheap printers. All brands have sucky low end printers that don't hold up, have expensive ink, and crappy software.  What do you expect in a hundred dollar All in one printer?  I buy office gear and it lasts five years, has better networking software because it has to work in an office.  You and your house who cares
is the attitude. The low end consumer computer market is really bad right now.  I include my objections to very cheap all in one computers also. The consumers have spoken and it is give us the cheap crap and all the printer makers supply what the market wants.

Disclaimer:  I did work for HP for 23 years but I do own a Dell Laptop laugh out loud so not so tied to the brand.

Z

Zed, my wireless HP 6500 won't print black ink.......paid a couple hundred US, and just changed ink cartridges for the 1st time, now out of warranty........Please define cheap printer, as it seems they all fail and the price tag to repair exceeds value. What type of printer is most reliable?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:44 pm

Jim:

If you just changed ink cartridges for the first time and you are out of warranty - do you really need a printer? I may be wrong but for low usage, I believe (?) a laser printer is less prone to gumming and contamination? The one and only HP printer that I have ever owned is the one that I am presently using and I would lump HP in with my negative opinions of Best Buy. YMMV!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:42 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Jim:

If you just changed ink cartridges for the first time and you are out of warranty - do you really need a printer?  I may be wrong but for low usage, I believe (?) a laser printer is less prone to gumming and contamination?  The one and only HP printer that I have ever owned is the one that I am presently using and I would lump HP in with my negative opinions of Best Buy.  YMMV!
Laser printers that are cheap to use are black and white.  Color buy an ink jet. Color laser jets are expensive to feed. Four toner cartridges etc
etc. Had two didn't like them due to cost of toner replacement. My off Axis ink jet (external ink to print head) prints much cheaper than color
laser. Lasers big advantage to me is more water resistant printout compared to ink jet. Speed is about the same depending what you pay.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:58 am

Jim W wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:

Z

Zed, my wireless HP 6500 won't print black ink.......paid a couple hundred US, and just changed ink cartridges for the 1st time, now out of warranty........Please define cheap printer, as it seems they all fail and the price tag to repair exceeds value.   What type of printer is most reliable?  
I don't know anymore. But do you have off axis ink and separate printheads?  If so the ink cart could be good and the printhead could be bad.
Also it sounds really stupid but it happens all the time.  If your ink and printhead are one unit there is a piece of tape over the printhead that
somehow is forgotten to be removed.  Not sure whether your printer is off axis or printhead and ink are one unit. Unit you bought is medium
priced unit. Friend here has same printer and has had no problems. Wish I had more of an answer.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks Zed, both black ink cartridges have ink, however only color prints.....quotes for repair exceed value.......soooo buying another printer...... HP Printer Repair 851398
Taking your advise ....black and white laser. 
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:00 pm

Still VERY happy with my EPSON L355 Series all-in-one. I recently had to add extra ink - and no problem. Ink costs $150 pesos per bottle and four bottles are required. It lasts me about six months.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down