INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jalisco State Driver's License / can anyone obtain one?

+12
Intercasa
kiminmexico
Chapalagringa
Pedro
David
CanuckBob
slainte39
ComputerGuy
Lady Otter Latté
CheenaGringo
sparks
Sherman
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jalisco State Driver's License / can anyone obtain one? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jalisco State Driver's License / can anyone obtain one?

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:59 pm

You are right, Cheena. The states with which I am familiar give you 30 days after moving in from another state to re-register your car and get a new drivers license.

Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Jalisco State Driver's License / can anyone obtain one? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jalisco State Driver's License / can anyone obtain one?

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 pm

Hell yes - they want the revenue!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:57 pm

I understand from reading another post somewhere else that if you have even an expired Mexican license from another state(Sinaloa) that you can just apply & you will be issued a new Jalisco DL. Does anyone know if this is true? Maybe Spencer?
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Supposedly you need to take the written test in that circumstance and vision test but not the driving test.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by kiminmexico Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:45 am

Thanks Spencer.
kiminmexico
kiminmexico

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:52 am

CheenaGringo wrote:Go to love the "new experts" who actually manage to find people willing to pay for their lack of knowledge and experience!

Well put.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Jalisco State Driver's License / can anyone obtain one? - Page 2 Empty Mexican Drivers License

Post by barbicheesecake Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:25 pm

CanuckBob wrote:The DL office is in Chapala. I don't recall the exact street name however it is about 1 1/2 blocks northwest from the Motor Vehicle Branch.

Hi Bob, My husband's Colorado driver's license expires in a few weeks and can not be renewed online thru the DMV in Colorado. Therefore he must obtain a Mex. DL. Last month Pedro posted that the office in Chapala can not issue these. Do you know whether that is true? Our vehicle would probably not make it to Guadalajara but we could hire a driver I suppose.

Thank you,
Barbi

PS - Congrats on the website!   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Canmex 87 Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:28 pm

barbicheesecake wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:The DL office is in Chapala. I don't recall the exact street name however it is about 1 1/2 blocks northwest from the Motor Vehicle Branch.

Hi Bob, My husband's Colorado driver's license expires in a few weeks and can not be renewed online thru the DMV in Colorado. Therefore he must obtain a Mex. DL. Last month Pedro posted that the office in Chapala can not issue these. Do you know whether that is true? Our vehicle would probably not make it to Guadalajara but we could hire a driver I suppose.

Thank you,
Barbi

PS - Congrats on the website!   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
They are currently not issuing driver's licences in Chapala so you must go to either the office in Ocatland or Guadalajara.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by barbicheesecake Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Thank you Canmex.
barbicheesecake
barbicheesecake
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I shoulda been a comedian

Back to top Go down

Post by Tday Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:57 am

How soon after buying a new car here do I need to get a Mexican Driver's License , Have a Permanent Visa. Thanks in advance.

Tday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2