INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New family member

+19
kipissippi
hockables
espíritu del lago
Jim W
Lady Otter Latté
mattoleriver
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
viajero
CHILLIN
elehne1
brigitte
seisdedos
Pedro
Ccsjc
slainte39
ferret
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
23 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

New family member Empty New family member

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:13 am

We just got a new addition to the family. Her name is Rosetta Azul (Rosie) and she is a Blue nose PitBull. Our 4lb Chihuahua is still the boss though.

New family member 52844312

Last edited by CanuckBob on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

New family member Empty Re: New family member

Post by Trailrunner Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:41 am

She's beautiful, Bob! Lucky you and lucky Rosie.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 am

She's a cutie! Looks sleepy too. :) You're gonna have your hands full in a little while. Enjoy the mischief while it lasts.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:48 am

Shouldn't blue nose dogs be matched up with blue nose owners?...which you ain't. LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ccsjc Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:40 pm

What a beauty! Another good example of what sweet dogs pitbulls can be.

Ccsjc

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Pitbulls have always been misunderstood. It is usually due to a bad owner training their dog to be unruley and aggressive.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:30 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Pitbulls have always been misunderstood. It is usually due to a bad owner training their dog to be unruley and aggressive.
nope. yvonne's nephew went all the way to new mexico from edmonton to get one and paid a fortune. all kindsa pro training,etc. and finally did the smart thing and got rid of it before it ate their kid. they are bred ta fight and KILL,it's in their genes. the psi of their jaw is incredible. i'd be worried about that barking rat o' yers once it got bigger.
on the other hand if it ain't pure and only looks like one......
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 pm

A gently raised pitbull pulled one of my kid's shitzu out of our yard and killed it for no reason. I hate the breed and would kill them on sight if I could.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:15 pm

Rottweilers, Shepards, Chows, Husky's, Labs etc. etc, etc. never do this sort of thing? So what if it had been a Shar Pei that did this?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:35 pm

My 'gently raised' Akita mauled my 80 year old mother one Christmas Eve for no reason. She survived but ended up having 5 surgeries and losing an ear.

Some breeds are more prone to "Sudden Rage Syndrome" than others.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Any breed of dog can flip the switch and no doubt Pitbulls can be one of them. They are however far more likely to be aggresive towards a strange animal than a human. I certainly wouldn't let mine run around off leash in a park with other dogs once it is full grown.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:58 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Rottweilers, Shepards, Chows, Husky's, Labs etc. etc, etc. never do this sort of thing? So what if it had been a Shar Pei that did this?

What if? There is no what if. It was a pit bull.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:29 am

The question was hypothetical. What if a Shar Pei had killed that dog? Would you want to kill all Shar Pei's on site? I can certainly understand your predjudice given that horrible experience. I have predjudices against certain breeds too after some bad experiences. I don't like or trust German Shepards, Akita's or Husky's.

I might add that the "Dog Whisperer" speaks highly of the bull terriers and owns a few of them himself along with many smaller breeds. He has one pitbull that he uses to help socialize unruly trainees.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:37 am

CanuckBob wrote:
I might add that the "Dog Whisperer" speaks highly of the bull terriers and owns a few of them himself along with many smaller breeds. He has one pitbull that he uses to help socialize unruly trainees.

We need that pitbull as a member here.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:57 am

Jajajaja.......nice one!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:02 am

Here is an interesting article on Cesar Milan and his love of Pitbulls.

http://www.vitaminsforpitbulls.com/cesar_millan_pit_bulls.html

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:04 am

CanuckBob wrote:The question was hypothetical. What if a Shar Pei had killed that dog? Would you want to kill all Shar Pei's on site? I can certainly understand your predjudice given that horrible experience. I have predjudices against certain breeds too after some bad experiences. I don't like or trust German Shepards, Akita's or Husky's.

Pit bulls are responsible for WELL over half the fatal attacks on humans in the US in the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:40 am

They are also one of the most popular breeds in North America (including Mexico) and probably one of the most abused breeds. I wonder how the stats stack up on a per capita? In the 70's everyone was afraid of Doberman's, in the 80's & into the 90's it was the Rottweiler's, now its the Pitbulls. Try reading some of the "pro" articles too.......
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 am

It is also a breed that has been outlawed in some countries, The problem is that this type of breed is that they need owners that know the breed and train them properly. Many dog owners only see the image of the dog and are totally irresponsible.
There are a lot of badly bred pit bulls because of the type of people they attract hence many problems. These dogs have to be taken out a lot and well socialized when they are small and many of the owners do not take the time.
We has Neapolitanos who also have a bad reputation as they are weary of people and can attack without warning, you have to be the victim of one of these attack to know what happen and believe me it is scary. Some dogs can go from sweet to trying to kill you in one second without a growl or any warning, by the time you see the look in their eyes it is too late.

At least you got a puppy so you can train her but watch out for the early signs of aggressiveness with other dogs or people and do not think they are cute.
This said I love pit bulls and some of them are the sweetest things I know but I would not have one at this stage of my life.

By the way Bob people should be wary of any large breed or strong breed who have the capability of killing you or a child.
We were mastiff owners for many years so we are not afraid of that type of dogs but after being attacked by one of my own I know first hand how dangerous they can be.

Last edited by brigitte on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 am

seisdedos wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:The question was hypothetical. What if a Shar Pei had killed that dog? Would you want to kill all Shar Pei's on site? I can certainly understand your predjudice given that horrible experience. I have predjudices against certain breeds too after some bad experiences. I don't like or trust German Shepards, Akita's or Husky's.

Pit bulls are responsible for WELL over half the fatal attacks on humans in the US in the 20th century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fatal_dog_attacks_in_the_United_States

And humans are responsible for 100% of the fatal attacks on humans in the entire world over all centuries.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:21 am

ferret wrote:

And humans are responsible for 100% of the fatal attacks on humans in the entire world over all centuries.

Besides being wrong, is there a point to that?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:27 am

CanuckBob wrote:They are also one of the most popular breeds in North America (including Mexico) and probably one of the most abused breeds. I wonder how the stats stack up on a per capita? In the 70's everyone was afraid of Doberman's, in the 80's & into the 90's it was the Rottweiler's, now its the Pitbulls. Try reading some of the "pro" articles too.......

According to many cites, they aren't in the top 10 most popular breeds. German shepherds are listed as the number 2 most popular, however, and so far this year not one fatality attributed to the breed. Bulldogs and Rottweilers are also listed in the top 10.
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:27 am

Only people who have not seen or experienced one of these attacks would make light of it.
I gave a cute little dog to a boy I consider my grand son, the litle dog followed his master and a dog came out of nowhere and tore it up, the little dog barely survived. The attack dog belongs to a drunk and is still walking around the village by Telmex.
A boxer escaped from a large property on the lake and attacked our Xolo a few months ago and so on..these attacks are so fast that you are totally powerless and then the attack dog has to be put to sleep and that is another trauma if it is yours.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:47 am

Our son's pit bull (raised with our 2 dachshunds) at two years of age attacked one of them as she walked across an area where he had been chewing on a treat the day before. The Pit bull rescue was called and they advised once they have killed and tasted blood, put them down as they will do it again. Also, they told us they are a breed that will go after small prey..small dogs..Our son was away, husband at work and just me home when this happened and I broke a broom handle trying to make him drop her. He went into the porch and was locked in until the guys got home. The next day, he was put down. Beautiful dog...but something can trigger them to attack per the rescue we called and in this case could have been the area where he had chewed the treat. The Doxie was just walking by my side and I will never forget the look in her eyes to help her...and I wasn't able to..I will never trust another pit bull..

Last edited by elehne1 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:19 am

seisdedos wrote:
ferret wrote:

Besides being wrong, is there a point to that?

The point was that not all humans kill and not all dogs of a particular breed kill. There is something wrong with their wiring.
I would be devastated if I was the owner of a dog that attacked. I have taken a stick to a German Shephard (actually two) who tried to eat my Yorkie for lunch. But, I have known other German Shepherds and Dobies who were the biggest pussies in the world.
Perhaps inbreeding causes the problem. Quien sabe?
Too broad a brush being used to paint any one breed for behaviour problems...same goes with humans.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next