INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside

+2
ComputerGuy
plumlake
6 posters

Go down

For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside Empty For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside

Post by plumlake Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:24 am

Has there been a change in policy to view Inside Lakeside? I now have to put my sign in every time I wish to see new posts. My password has been saved however. Did I do something I should not have? Just wondering why the change. THANKS

plumlake

Back to top Go down

For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside Empty Re: For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:38 am

I can only guess that some setting has been changed by accident. You can clear your browser cache and history and try again... however, if your password is being remembered, that won't be the problem, because that indicates the cookie is working. Your sign-in works when "cookies" in your browser are active. Depending on which browser you use, name it in a Google search for "website won't remember my sign in", and you will get various troubleshooting instructions.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside Empty Re: For the last week I have to resign in every time I want to view Inside Lakeside

Post by joec Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:42 am

I have not had trouble signing in, but this site has been "extremely" slow over the past 3 days.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 am

Is the "log in automatically" box checked under where you enter your ID and password, plumlake?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:54 am

Yea, I had to re log in too, but that was yesterday.Today I had no problem. Bob said when the board is doing maintenance and updates that happens and in a day or two goes back to normal.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am

That Board would be much better if only a few others were to " resign "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:15 pm

You can lose the cookie if you switch back and forth from one browser to another.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:You can lose the cookie if you switch back and forth from one browser to another. Z
Well, the cookie is associated with the individual browser, that's all.

ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:37 pm

HG I thought that also but If I log on to this site with IE 64bit and than logon
with a IE 32bit and go back to the IE64 bit my cookie doesn't work anymore.
Must be a IE thing or something on my machine. I don't get strangeness going
from IE to Chrome. IE cookie is fine in this instance.

Wierd

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:46 pm

Interesting. I'd initially guess that the 32/64 bit versions are "different" programs as far as cookies are concerned, and the cookies would be retained. I see other folks on the Weeb reporting this, but no reasons or solutions.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by plumlake Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:38 pm

THANKS....now back to normal...appreciate all the above info...wow..great responses here. Again THANKS

plumlake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down