INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heeeeelllllpppppp!!!!!!! Somebody please HELP!!!

+5
Zedinmexico
hockables
gringal
tictoc
E-raq
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Heeeeelllllpppppp!!!!!!! Somebody please HELP!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heeeeelllllpppppp!!!!!!! Somebody please HELP!!!

Post by tictoc Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:06 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
E-raq wrote:O.K., don't laugh but I'm technically impaired. So do Mac computer have java on them? How about those keystroke doojamahickies, Sometimes mycursor starts moving all by itself. Dear Lawd please don't make this be a BAAD problem.
The Java and Javascript stuff is usually found on Internet browsers, although Java is also installed into the operating system, so it doesn't matter whether it's a Mac or a PC. Most of the game sites use Java extensively.

Your mouse moving may mean the wiring is going bad; haven't seen a spyware that does that.

Unless he has installed a remote desktop software. There are scams out there to get people to do this. They usually act like they are trouble shooting your PC. Or he could have installed one for a reason and someone has cracked his password.

E-raq, when the mouse moves, does it move like you would move it, just kind of drag, or jump. Has it ever clicked onto any thing by it's self?

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Heeeeelllllpppppp!!!!!!! Somebody please HELP!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Heeeeelllllpppppp!!!!!!! Somebody please HELP!!!

Post by E-raq Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:21 pm

HelperGuy wrote:
E-raq wrote:O.K., don't laugh but I'm technically impaired. So do Mac computer have java on them? How about those keystroke doojamahickies, Sometimes mycursor starts moving all by itself. Dear Lawd please don't make this be a BAAD problem.
The Java and Javascript stuff is usually found on Internet browsers, although Java is also installed into the operating system, so it doesn't matter whether it's a Mac or a PC. Most of the game sites use Java extensively.

Your mouse moving may mean the wiring is going bad; haven't seen a spyware that does that.

OOOP's what kinda wiring? The mouse or the computer? Actually I think it did that before and the new mouse seemed to be better, now it's happening again.

Re java, I don't play games on the computer, other than the occasional game of solitaire while talking on the phone to someone really boring. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 pm

tictoc wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:

Unless he has installed a remote desktop software. There are scams out there to get people to do this. They usually act like they are trouble shooting your PC. Or he could have installed one for a reason and someone has cracked his password.

E-raq, when the mouse moves, does it move like you would move it, just kind of drag, or jump. Has it ever clicked onto any thing by it's self?

No the mouse kinda just drags and jumps. Hope that's a good thing. Beer
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Does anything else stutter? When you're typing in email, for example? Not the mouse, but the letters. If it keeps happening with different mice, then it is either a system slowdown problem, or a port problem (eg. USB).
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:29 pm

E-raq wrote:
tictoc wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:

No the mouse kinda just drags and jumps. Hope that's a good thing. Beer

Yes it is a good (no spy) thing. I think helperguy is on the right track. Just fallow what he is saying. Also if you have a non-optical mouse, it might just need cleaning

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks guys, yes I think that mouse might need cleaning. I just did the keys with a tiny splash of tequila, worked a right treat.

Nothing else stutters, well except for my brain. Very Happy
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:57 am

If optical (red light on bottom) it could be jumping because it doesn't like the
surface it is being used on. Some old mice pads made for mice balls (remember)
don't work well with optical. Glass table top even with wood underneath does
not work well. Stuff like that. Yea it is obscure but I have seen the problem many
times due to surface issues like glass.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:11 am

You still have a mouse with a ball? Fascinating. See, that's why long-distance troubleshooting is iffy: I just assume those aren't being used anymore. I should know better.

And yes, reflective surfaces play havoc with optical mice. A piece of printer paper underneath is a good temp solution. Hard to find mousepads around here. Leather would be just as bad as any reflective surface with optical mice.

Last edited by HelperGuy on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 am

Zedinmexico wrote:If optical (red light on bottom) it could be jumping because it doesn't like the
not work well. Stuff like that. Yea it is obscure but I have seen the problem many

Z

I have a leather mouse pad Zed, however just to be sure, I cleaned that off with a bit of tequila just to be sure. I know, a horrible waste of tequila, but hey, let's look on the bright side, everything is now practically sterile.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:34 pm

E-raq wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:If optical (red light on bottom) it could be jumping because it doesn't like the

Z

I have a leather mouse pad Zed, however just to be sure, I cleaned that off with a bit of tequila just to be sure. I know, a horrible waste of tequila, but hey, let's look on the bright side, everything is now practically sterile.

Try a white piece of paper under your mouse on top of the leather as HG suggested.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 pm

If you have an optical mouse, Cow hide should work fine (reflective surface don't work well). If you have a "ball" mouse, cleaning the pad probably won't help. You need to remove the ball and clean the two axes contacts inside the cavity. There is probably dirt stuck to one or both axes and it might require lightly scraping (don't damage the rubber). Or if it isn't to hard to find mice down there, just go get you a new optical mouse. Probably allot less headache in the end...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:44 pm

Good points all. Especially about getting a new mouse. WalMart has 'em. Avoid cordless: too many problems with charging, batteries, connection, and wondering if it's broke because it's broke.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:05 pm

HelperGuy wrote:Good points all. Especially about getting a new mouse. WalMart has 'em. Avoid cordless: too many problems with charging, batteries, connection, and wondering if it's broke because it's broke.

That's the one I have, cordless, after the maid bust the one with the cord. Usually it's the batteries. This begger eats though them really really fast.

Thanks.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:10 pm

E-raq wrote:
HelperGuy wrote:Good points all. Especially about getting a new mouse. WalMart has 'em. Avoid cordless: too many problems with charging, batteries, connection, and wondering if it's broke because it's broke.

That's the one I have, cordless, after the maid bust the one with the cord. Usually it's the batteries. This begger eats though them really really fast.

Thanks.
Well I think we found the issue. This would also mean you have an optical mouse. I use and love wireless. Some have horrible limitations (the one in my bedroom). The newer ones with the small USB seem to work ALLOT better than the old ones with the usb desktop device IMO.

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

So basically look for a self-charging mouse, to avoid the battery issues.

In future when buying laptops, look for as many USB ports as you can get on one. I have a lot of folks with three or only two ports: one for mouse, one for printer, one for Magic Jack, say... they are always unplugging something to plug something else in. And of course now we have to worry about USB3.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by tictoc Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:32 pm

HelperGuy wrote:I have a lot of folks with three or only two ports: one for mouse, one for printer, one for Magic Jack, say... they are always unplugging something to plug something else in. And of course now we have to worry about USB3.
Why not just get a USB hub??? I mean they are cheap...

tictoc
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Yep, but it is always wise to buy a powered USB hub, especially for laptops, because there just isn't enough juice to run everything plugged in to them. Some items require relatively little mA, while others much more... like printers, cameras, etc. In fact, laser printers say never plug one into a hub or into a powerbar.

So then you have to deal with the extra wire from the hub to the electrical outlet. Of course, when you have no choice, you have no choice.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:15 pm

HelperGuy wrote:So basically look for a self-charging mouse, to avoid the battery issues.

In future when buying laptops, look for as many USB ports as you can get on one. I have a lot of folks with three or only two ports: one for mouse, one for printer, one for Magic Jack, say... they are always unplugging something to plug something else in. And of course now we have to worry about USB3.

Is six enough? I don't want to know about USB3.

In fact I don't even want to know much about that new cellphone, other than how to answer it, make a call and hang up. Friends of ours call it the cell phone for dummies. Do I care, nope. Will I slip something into their drinks one day? That is the question. Twisted Evil
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:19 pm

Six is pretty darn good.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum