INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Number Four

+9
Lady Otter Latté
E-raq
CheenaGringo
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
David
Carry Bean
joec
ferret
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Number Four Empty Number Four

Post by ferret Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:07 pm

Just got back from a great evening at Number Four. We did this last year...celebrating three birthdays and an anniversary again with the same friends. My hubby and his best friend of seventy years and his wife. This year, on THIS day, is my hubby's seventy second birthday.
We had a BLAST dancing to the Tall Boys...haven't had that much fun in about ten years. Two margaritas for the evening are WAY better than a Robax Gold and I told Kim that. Great food, great ambience, great service, great entertainment...it just doesn't get any better than that. I'm toast. G'night.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Number Four Empty Re: Number Four

Post by joec Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:15 am

ferret wrote:Just got back from a great evening at Number Four. We did this last year...celebrating three birthdays and an anniversary again with the same friends. My hubby and his best friend of seventy years and his wife. This year, on THIS day, is my hubby's seventy second birthday.
We had a BLAST dancing to the Tall Boys...haven't had that much fun in about ten years. Two margaritas for the evening are WAY better than a Robax Gold and I told Kim that. Great food, great ambience, great service, great entertainment...it just doesn't get any better than that. I'm toast. G'night.

I'm happy that you had a good dinner at Number Four restaurant as that is not usually the case. See my previous review below when I went for my Birthday this year.

My post from my Feb. 25 Birthday Dinner at Number Four.

On Friday night 6 of us went to Number 4 for my Birthday. I decided to treat myself since Number 4 was so good just before Christmas. Unfortunately we were very disappointed. We ordered drinks of different types, Vodka Tonic, Whiskey Sour (70 pesos), Margarita (70 pesos), Modelo Negro (35 pesos) and one ordered a bottle of wine, (450 pesos). We know their drinks are extra expensive, for instance a Pina Colada is 110 pesos.

Then we ordered our Appetizers, Salads and Entrees. Two ordered the Gorgonzola Salad (80 pesos), a large salad enough for two, if you're having dinner. One ordered the Leek and Potato Soup (80 pesos).

Three people ordered the Blackberry Duck Confit (190 pesos). It came with Mashed and a few Veggies. The portion was not a decent size, although they said it was tasty. Another ordered the Run Down Short Ribs which said Sweet and Tangy (180 pesos). They were too spicy and the portion size was very, very small, 5 ribs. Both Tony's and Bruno's ribs are much better and a much larger portion at Tony's for 99 pesos.

Two of us ordered the Prix Fixe Prime Rib, which comes with a Soup of the Day or Gorgonzola Salad and a dessert of choice. One of us got Leek and Potato soup and I got a Caesar Salad. The price was 320 pesos and I questioned it because the Internet menu has a price of 260 pesos. I can get Prime Rib in the US cooked to order for less money in a fancy restaurant. Both of us ordered it RARE. When it came to the table, we were not sure if it was Prime Rib. It was grilled on the grill with grill marks. To my knowledge, no one serves Prime Rib this way and it was NOT Rare as ordered. It had a brown gravy sauce on it, came with mashed Potatoes, a few veggies and a few carmelized onions. Although it was not tough or chewy, it was not tender, like Prime Rib.

I was extremely disappointed because I went there special for my Birthday. Very very disappointing, considering we had such a good meal just before Christmas! Inconsistent at best. We will NEVER return.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:04 am

I go there regularly because I'm so hooked on the short ribs which are the best I've had anywhere any time. Not wild about the desserts, though. The service has always been excellent for me & the meal is well worth the price. I love the atmosphere. The shrimp martini is very good, too. I understand the drinks are pricey but I don't drink so that's not an issue for me.

What did you have to eat, Ferret? Kim works her fanny off besides dealing with horrendous CFE problems she told me about.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:13 am

Hubby and I shared an order of Oysters Rockefeller...yummy and beautifully presented. Faith had a Caesar and Howard the Gorgonzola salad. The guys weren't particularly overwhelmed with the Prime Rib or the steak with peppercorn sauce but we were happy with our orders. Faith had the Duck and I had the Tall Boys special Chicken Tandoori. All orders were beautifully presented and more than enough food. 2 glasses of wine, 2 Margaritas and three Don Julio Tequilas and one lemonade constituted the entire drink order for the evening....coffees and each couple shared a dessert...one cheesecake and one bread pudding with rum (maybe it was bourbon?) sauce. The entire evening cost 2,000 pesos (about $180 Canadian dollars). The same evening couldn't be had, in Toronto, for less than $600 Canadian dollars and there wouldn't be entertainment.
Kim does work her fanny off and I appreciate all her attention to the details. YMMV but we had a fabulous evening.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:36 am

Someone post a good review of #4 and John just HAS to post a negative one. How nice.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:51 am

Glad you had a great time Ferret. Pay no attention to Negative Nelly........jaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:53 am

Its expensive its good but is it worth it?? Depends on the opinion of the person.
My only problem is value. Others love it!! I think one either loves the place or
doesn't.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:13 am

While #4 may be more expensivie that other local places it's a bargain compared to good restaurants in Guadalajara. That doesn't stop us from dining in Guadalajara, there's a great food scene there. We recently tried CON Tenador, and Parallelo 28 in Providencia. Both were superb.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:00 am

David and CanuckBob - I posted in detail, without embellishment what the food was like. I tell the truth in all my/our reviews. If Kim had been there, I would have told her about it.

When you go to a restaurant that's TWICE the price of any restaurant in Ajijic and overpriced at that, you EXPECT good food, not substandard food. Their prices cannot be justified. They pay the same price for food and pay the waiters the same wages as every other restaurant in Ajijic. Waiters get paid crap here.

Last edited by joec on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:04 am

Zedinmexico wrote:Its expensive its good but is it worth it?? Depends on the opinion of the person.
My only problem is value. Others love it!! I think one either loves the place or
doesn't.

Z

It is absolutely not worth it when you can get 2 better dinners at any other restaurant here or 4 lunches. It's not just value, it's food quality AND consistency. From my 5 experiences of eating at Number 4, they have always had a portion and consistency problem.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 am

John, that's your values and your taste, not mine. There's NOTHING ABSOLUTE about taste and value. I've ALWAYS had good food and service there. BTW, #4 is nowhere close to twice the price of other places. You make too much stuff up.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 am

David wrote:John, that's your values and your taste, not mine. There's NOTHING ABSOLUTE about taste and value. I've ALWAYS had good food and service there. BTW, #4 is nowhere close to twice the price of other places. You make too much stuff up.

I don't make anything up. You are the LIAR here. You know # 4's prices. How much is a Filet there? It used to be 250 pesos for a small Filet. Tell me how much a Filet is at Bruno's and Hacienda? Tell me how much Ribs are at Tony's? You're so dumb you don't know.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:06 am

I really could care less what a filet costs at Bruno's...I don't want to sit on the highway to eat. Hacienda is as inconsistent as hell with their beef and I'm also sitting on their patio listening to the highway.
There are some things that have absolutely nothing to do with the price of the food...and those things cost money too. I'm happy to pay for them, others may not be. Each to his/her own.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 am

Calling me a liar John, does it make you feel better? I hope so. We know you have no culinary knowledge. We also know that you know nothing about my palate or preferences. I don't eat beef in restaurants so I don't care about the prices. I find plenty of good things to eat at #4 for much less than $250. The other good thing about #4 is that there's no chance I'll meet anyone there as rude as you.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:19 am

John:

There are so many descriptive terms for your behavior that could be used here away from the Octagon but many of them would go sailing over your head. Suffice to say that you are not only clueless when it comes to manners but also an egomaniac that cannot tolerate someone with a differing opinion from yours. There is absolutely no rational reason that you can provide for pouncing on Ferret's positive review with a negative review by the almighty John. You had your opportunity to beat up on #4 in a previous review started by yourself.

Calling other posters liars or dumb shows your lack of class, especially with a track record such as yours!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 am

Ferret, that sounds like a helluva deal. Definitely would be well in excess of $600 in Canada. No doubt about it, and with entertainment well, your guess is as good as mine.

Happy you guys had a great time.

Cheers.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:32 am

joec wrote:David and CanuckBob - I posted in detail, without embellishment what the food was like. I tell the truth in all my/our reviews. If Kim had been there, I would have told her about it.

When you go to a restaurant that's TWICE the price of any restaurant in Ajijic and overpriced at that, you EXPECT good food, not substandard food. Their prices cannot be justified. They pay the same price for food and pay the waiters the same wages as every other restaurant in Ajijic. Waiters get paid crap here.

Well if you posted this before under another thread why would anyone want to see it again? You have gone and wrecked another perfectly good thread with personal negative criticism that was totally uncalled for in this situation. I didn't see her ask for your opinion. It's just a matter of you trying to tarnish another business's reputation because you personally don't like them.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:05 pm

CanuckBob wrote:
joec wrote:David and CanuckBob - I posted in detail, without embellishment what the food was like. I tell the truth in all my/our reviews. If Kim had been there, I would have told her about it.

Well if you posted this before under another thread why would anyone want to see it again? You have gone and wrecked another perfectly good thread with personal negative criticism that was totally uncalled for in this situation. I didn't see her ask for your opinion. It's just a matter of you trying to tarnish another business's reputation because you personally don't like them.

It was not just me who didn't like what happened. All my guests whom I asked to go with me didn't like it either. I actually felt bad for dragging them to a high priced restaurant and not being happy with their meal. And most of all it totally ruined my birthday, in which I was looking forward to a nice meal and which I consider special on that day.

The reason I picked # 4 was that we had such an "excellent" meal there just before Christmas. I'll probably go to Armando's this year. If you want to wipe out my postings, please do so.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:10 pm

I have no problem with your original negative review of Number 4, there was just no reason for you to re-hash it again in this post.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Joey-JohnnyC, you have expressed your OPINION about Number Four over and over and over again. There was/is no need for you to throw your sodden blanket over someone else´s post about a wonderful evening she and her friends had. She was not asking for yours or anyone else´s opinion. You are an angry, meanspirited man, and I am sick to death of your venom. Just shut up.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:10 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Joey-JohnnyC, you have expressed your OPINION about Number Four over and over and over again. There was/is no need for you to throw your sodden blanket over someone else´s post about a wonderful evening she and her friends had. She was not asking for yours or anyone else´s opinion. You are an angry, meanspirited man, and I am sick to death of your venom. Just shut up.

Read CanuckBob's post above. Sick to death, don't read my posts (your option) or go take your meds

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:17 pm

CB said the same thing, keep it to yourself John.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:07 pm

John is just a sourpuss but he entertains me so I really hope he forgets the Carolina Peckerwood idea and stays here rather than make the mistake of moving to the piney woods of that trailer park haven.

Playlette of John at Heaven's Gate:

St. Peter: Welcome, John, we have a special suite on Cloud Nine all ready for you prepared by The Lord himself.
John: Yeah, well I´ve heard that before many times the last time being when that Goddamned real estate agent at Lakeside sold me what he claimed was the best home in the finest subdivision in all of North America. Who the hell are you anyway and why are you dressed in a robe with that light above your head? Are you some kind of prevert?
St. Peter: Relax, my son, there is another place far from here but vastly more entertaining and filled with brethren with whom you will really enjoy mingling. Here is your one-way ticket and it´s free.
John: Free! Don´t bullsh*t me. I demand a meeting with your supervisor.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Classic, Mr. Dawg!!!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms Mac Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm

hound dog wrote:John is just a sourpuss but he entertains me so I really hope he forgets the Carolina Peckerwood idea and stays here rather than make the mistake of moving to the piney woods of that trailer park haven.

Playlette of John at Heaven's Gate:

St. Peter: Welcome, John, we have a special suite on Cloud Nine all ready for you prepared by The Lord himself.
John: Yeah, well I´ve heard that before many times the last time being when that Goddamned real estate agent at Lakeside sold me what he claimed was the best home in the finest subdivision in all of North America. Who the hell are you anyway and why are you dressed in a robe with that light above your head? Are you some kind of prevert?
St. Peter: Relax, my son, there is another place far from here but vastly more entertaining and filled with brethren with whom you will really enjoy mingling. Here is your one-way ticket and it´s free.
John: Free! Don´t bullsh*t me. I demand a meeting with your supervisor.
Same ol' Dawg!Number Four 477249

Ms Mac
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next