INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico

+8
Uncle Jack
E-raq
CheenaGringo
Intercasa
brigitte
hound dog
viajero
solajijic
12 posters

Go down

blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico Empty blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico

Post by solajijic Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:19 am

Little blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico: Outrage after government rushes to help her after photo goes viral on social networks

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224269/Photo-kidnapped-blonde-girl-begging-sparks-uproar-Mexico-government-tears-child-family-amid-backlash-racist-profiling.html#ixzz2AbwM4fi0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I have seen this child in Guadalajara and did wonder at her race although I am aware there are significant physical characteristic differences in Mexican citizens by ethnic background. It also occured to me at the time that the US will eventually see its own poor children begging at stoplights. Social services won't be able to keep up with the numbers.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico Empty Re: blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico

Post by viajero Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 am

I saw this on GDL Noticias and can understand some of the outrage,lots of niños morenos begging at the stoplights,but they don't make the news,haven't these people heard the term "guero de rancho",they're fairly common here in Jalisco and in other states,as a matter of fact some of my Mexican friends call me that.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico Empty Re: blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:52 am

[quote="solajijic"]Little blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico: Outrage after government rushes to help her after photo goes viral on social networks
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2224269/Photo-kidnapped-blonde-girl-begging-sparks-uproar-Mexico-government-tears-child-family-amid-backlash-racist-profiling.html#ixzz2AbwM4fi0
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I have seen this child in Guadalajara and did wonder at her race although I am aware there are significant physical characteristic differences in Mexican citizens by ethnic background. It also occured to me at the time that the US will eventually see its own poor children begging at stoplights. Social services won't be able to keep up with the numbers.
[/quote]

In Chiapas we have the fire eaters. Young men who destroy themselves at traffic lights ingesting inflammable liquids and then breathing flames into the air for a few pennies from passing motorists. We only live in Chiapas for a few months out of the year and when we return these human flamethrowers have usually changed shifts while their predecessors have died in poisonnious agony in local gutters . It seems to me that this is the Republican alternative to the social underbelly that prevents this sort of activity from becoming prevalent NOB as they phase out that safety net for the 47%. Welcome Tuxtla Gutierrez to Birmingham. You asked for it - you got it.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:57 am

Poor begging kids are usually dark skin and I can see why a little blond girl would attract attention and why social services or police would check to make sure she was not a kidnapped victim.
In Chiapas I made a double take one day as I was driving in a remote area and passed several blond women dressed as indigenous and sitting by the side of the road weaving. I later found out there a an albino family living there and they all look like blond people rather than albinos.
Mexico does not have a very diverse population at its lower echelon so I can see why the girl was noticed and checked out.
People should be worried about all these little kids made to work or beg rather than social services or police checking something out of the ordinary. This little girl could have been a kidnapped victim.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:14 pm

The issue was that they thought the child was kidnapped as some beggars rent children and the people who claimed they were her parents were very dark brown in color leading people to believe the child was not of the parents but I read that DNA test confirmed it so the child is one of those rare cases of a blonde hair blue eyed child being born to very dark parents.

blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico Germanalvarezpost
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:22 pm

We have French acquaintances who were arrested and jailed in West Africa for kidnapping afer they thought they had legitimately rescued African children from what they conceived to be a life of poverty and degredation and tried to spirit those kids off to France. In Chiapas, people have been burned alive for seeming to have been inordinately interested in kids leaving school grounds enroute to their homes. Burned alive. In at least one instance, the people burned alive were police officers observing a public school for drug dealing.

In the words of the late Jim Croce, "Don´t be messin´round wit folks you don¨know."

Never presume you know anything about a kid because of the color of his/her hair or his/her eyes unless you wish to end up ashes with questions regarding your presence in a place in which you may not be welcome to be addressed later when you are dead. Remember that politically liberal white girl from the U.S. who ended up burned alive by locals in Johannesburg´s Soweto a few years ago because of her blond hair and white skin? Once you are a smoldering heap, your politics are irrelevant. Mind your own business unless you are backed by a fully armed tank.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:28 pm

Very recently there was a case in Zapopan where a Mexican woman had supposedly "adopted" 4 children in the US and put them to work for her in Zapopan,her neighbors denounced her and the authorities "investigated",even though signs of physical abuse were found the authorities returned the children to the woman..wtf..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:29 pm

As the Dawg and anyone else who has traveled to Third World (not saying Mexico is) countries can attest, beggars can often be part of the "caste system". In fact, entire lineages are based upon families being beggars as far back as anyone can remember. As horrible as it may seem, some children are intentionally maimed to provide them with an advantage to garner sympathy. Many well meaning people have found themselves to be in a real mess when getting involved and trying to upset an age old system!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:33 pm

Intercasa wrote:The issue was that they thought the child was kidnapped as some beggars rent children and the people who claimed they were her parents were very dark brown in color leading people to believe the child was not of the parents but I read that DNA test confirmed it so the child is one of those rare cases of a blonde hair blue eyed child being born to very dark parents.

blonde beggar girl whose treatment has sparked race row in Mexico Germanalvarezpost

Indeed, I personally know a child like that. Although one of her parents is a gringa, the other one is mexican. Cute as a button too, and a delight to be around.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:01 pm

My brother had a really cute friend who was blond blue eyed, lossely curly hair, light skin and both her parents were mulatoes with blue eyes. Never never would anyone guess that this girl had parents who would have been considered black in the US. It happens but it is pretty unusual.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Sounds like a "Honkie" in the woodpile.

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by rosie&sam Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:35 pm

so neil, what is your definition of 3rd world? we cant wait to hear this one. how much mre burning does it take?

rosie&sam
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:47 pm

Uncle Jack wrote:Sounds like a "Honkie" in the woodpile.

uj

Ummm. I don't understand.

Can you (or someone) translate that for me? What does that mean?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:17 am

Rosa Venus wrote:
Uncle Jack wrote:Sounds like a "Honkie" in the woodpile.

uj

Ummm. I don't understand.

Can you (or someone) translate that for me? What does that mean?

It means a white person was messing with the locals. Honkie is a black expression
for white people as we talk through our nose more than our mouth. Messing with
the locals means sex dear.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:34 am

Honkie is a derogatory term used by blacks about whites. It started because the whites would take the black maids home or pick them up and would not get out of the car, just honk the horn .Nothing to do with the way we speak.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gravy Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 pm

I lived in Harlem NYC for 6 years as I attended Columbia University ......the riots during the late '60's and early '70's made getting laundry ,food and banking in Harlem proper an adventure ..... I was cool with the natives and was the best dressed hippie in the city ...however the "outsiders" who came to further the riots would yell "what's your white ass doing here ?" to which the neighborhood would reply " you leave him alone , he's our WIGGER !"
It was an honorary title indicating that I was accepted and I wore the title with pride
gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:54 pm

brigitte wrote:Honkie is a derogatory term used by blacks about whites. It started because the whites would take the black maids home or pick them up and would not get out of the car, just honk the horn .Nothing to do with the way we speak.

It started as a term for people who went to Honkytonks. It evolved into the modern definition. I was told my definition by black people from New Orleans.
Brigitte many of us Gringoes do sound honky or we speak through our nose as they so well impersonated honky whites in front of me. An interesting
experience for the young white faculty brat kid. I was tolerated and thats ok considering what the folks making fun of me went through. You are right
the horn honking seems to be the most common story.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:19 pm

I was told the definition by black teachers I used to spend week-end with in Monroeville, Aabama, it is where I leaned all the derogatory terms about whites.
I used to go to the high school there that was integrated to speak to my friend´s French classes. I would spend week-end with her in the black part of town, went to parties with her to black clubs and would go to football games to Tuskegee, quite an experience back then .
It is when I learned about the superiority of cast iron pans..
You do not have to tell me about the honky sounds of the Americans accent,the sound is prettry awful to a French ear, do not have to be black to hear it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down