INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I looked this up but I might not be right

+2
CheenaGringo
johninajijic
6 posters

Go down

I looked this up but I might not be right Empty I looked this up but I might not be right

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:41 pm

I need to convert 3 cc to ounces. Can you help.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

I looked this up but I might not be right Empty Re: I looked this up but I might not be right

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:44 pm

0.1014420676767oz

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I looked this up but I might not be right Empty Re: I looked this up but I might not be right

Post by viajero Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:47 pm

Neil,try to be a little more precise next time.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:49 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:0.1014420676767oz

That's only decimalized out 13 points...I think you should be a little more accurate for John lol!

Oops! Sorry V....we were thinking alike.

Last edited by slainte39 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add an apology)

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:56 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:0.1014420676767oz

How can I mix that amount of powdered medicine for a dog in that little liquid?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Very carefully?

I am guessing that a Vet came up with the medication and would suggest they might have a technique for mixing.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:10 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Very carefully?

I am guessing that a Vet came up with the medication and would suggest they might have a technique for mixing.

Yes, he did. He suggested using a coke bottle, but then using a syringe to give the dog 3 ccs of medicine 4 times a day. I hope we do the right thing. It's a lot of responsibility taking care of someone's pet while they're away on vacation.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Pardon me but now I am really confused. It sounds to me like one mixes up a larger quantity in the Coke bottle but then only administers a 3cc dose - orally or through injection? 1cc = 1ml - so a syringe marked in ml would be easier to work with?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:Pardon me but now I am really confused. It sounds to me like one mixes up a larger quantity in the Coke bottle but then only administers a 3cc dose - orally or through injection? 1cc = 1ml - so a syringe marked in ml would be easier to work with?

I think that's correct, but I don't know if I take one capsule of powder and mix it into the bottle if the solution will be the correct strength. Maybe the vet confused us? I have to call him at 8 AM in the morning.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 pm

What are you mixing the capsule contents with? Are you administering orally or injecting? If orally, any chance of just mixing with the dog's food?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DonPito Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:31 pm

1 ounce = about 30 cc. 1 teaspoon = about 5 cc, go from there.

If the medicine is in a powdered or capsule formulation, how much medicine goes with how much liquid for administration?

If it's a medication that comes in a new bottle with just dry powder inside, it's usually labeled as an oral suspension. There is usually a line on the side of the bottle or its label, and you fill it to that line with water. Close the top and shake it well to mix up the powder and water. Check the level of liquid again, because sometimes you will need to add just a smidge more water to get up to the line. The line is not usually near the top of the bottle, but more like 2/3 of the bottle's volume.

When checking the line and level of liquid, ignore any bubbles or froth on top, and look for the water line inside the bottle. If it's an oral medication, then a little more than half a teaspoon goes into Fido. Shake the medicine up again every time before Fido needs another dose.

If Fido fights taking his medicine, just hold his snout from the top with one hand, tip his head up, pour it in and immediately clamp his mouth shut for about 5 or 10 seconds. He'll swallow it.

DonPito
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:03 pm

johninajijic wrote:I need to convert 3 cc to ounces. Can you help.

Here's a great site to add to your favorites: http://www.onlineconversion.com/
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down