INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Cole slaw

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Cole slaw - Page 4 Empty Re: Cole slaw

Post by gringal on Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:06 pm

Hey, Ferret..........we need all the intelligent women we got on this board.
We seem to be outnumbered by those testosterone fueled gorillas.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret on Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:00 pm

LOL. Any woman in menopause can make a testosterone fueled gorilla slink away.....com'on guys...MAKE MY DAY!
And I forgot to add Spencer who knows us both.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:23 pm

Yep, a good healthy dose of menopause will turn most women into one truly frightening opponent whether in person, or on the internet.

Go for it guys and see what happens. Bring it on........we're waiting.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo on Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:39 pm

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY...

Women are like phones : They like to be held, talked to, and touched often. But push the wrong button and your ass is disconnected.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:31 pm

It's not that hard to make - cabbage, carrots, vinegar, salt and pepper - a little sugar or honey if you like.

Here's an easy recipe: coleslaw
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:02 pm

At grave risk of reopening this coleslaw fluster cuck, let me say that if you are one person and have a hankering for some coleslaw you have two choices. Option A begins with you going to the store and buying everything you need that you do not already have in the house. Then you chop, grate scoop and stir. Put bowl in refrigerator so flavors can meld and slaw chill. This is okay, because you need an hour to clean up the mess from the previously mentioned chopping, grating, scooping and stirring. Eat more coleslaw then you should because there is so much and it does taste good. Eat coleslaw for next several days then throw the rest away because you are damn sick of it. OR, with Option B you go to one of the previously mentioned locations and buy a serving or two, eat it and take a nap. Please do not even suggest making just one serving because no human being in their right mind will go through all of the above for a saucer of coleslaw.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:At grave risk of reopening this coleslaw fluster cuck, let me say that if you are one person and have a hankering for some coleslaw you have two choices. Option A begins with you going to the store and buying everything you need that you do not already have in the house. Then you chop, grate scoop and stir. Put bowl in refrigerator so flavors can meld and slaw chill. This is okay, because you need an hour to clean up the mess from the previously mentioned chopping, grating, scooping and stirring. Eat more coleslaw then you should because there is so much and it does taste good. Eat coleslaw for next several days then throw the rest away because you are damn sick of it. OR, with Option B you go to one of the previously mentioned locations and buy a serving or two, eat it and take a nap. Please do not even suggest making just one serving because no human being in their right mind will go through all of the above for a saucer of coleslaw.

What can I say? I love to cook from scratch! I bake bread, used to make my own yogurt, gave homemade marshmallows for holiday gifts and my newest accomplishment is Mozzerella! My daughter told me to let her new when I figure out how to make air!! lol!
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:44 pm

But, if cooking is neither a passion nor a hobby, and you DO NOT love it, you remain grateful for all the people who provide for purchase things you do not want to make. I USED to do everything from scratch (long ago, in another lifetime) but now only enjoy it on occasion. BTW, I bet homemade mozzerella is DELICIOUS!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:57 pm

Think I am in love. Is it OK with your husband if you have gay male friends? chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj on Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Chico wrote:Think I am in love. Is it OK with your husband if you have gay male friends? chico

Haha!
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:02 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:But, if cooking is neither a passion nor a hobby, and you DO NOT love it, you remain grateful for all the people who provide for purchase things you do not want to make. I USED to do everything from scratch (long ago, in another lifetime) but now only enjoy it on occasion. BTW, I bet homemade mozzerella is DELICIOUS!

I was just offering a suggestion in case the OP couldn't find what he was looking for Lakeside. (And yes the mozzarella is good!)
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:07 pm

quiltbugj wrote:
Chico wrote:Think I am in love. Is it OK with your husband if you have gay male friends? chico

Haha!

Chico, I thought you were a girl?
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chico on Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Deserved that one E-raq. Thanks for the laugh. chico

Chico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:At grave risk of reopening this coleslaw fluster cuck, let me say that if you are one person and have a hankering for some coleslaw you have two choices. Option A begins with you going to the store and buying everything you need that you do not already have in the house. Then you chop, grate scoop and stir. Put bowl in refrigerator so flavors can meld and slaw chill. This is okay, because you need an hour to clean up the mess from the previously mentioned chopping, grating, scooping and stirring. Eat more coleslaw then you should because there is so much and it does taste good. Eat coleslaw for next several days then throw the rest away because you are damn sick of it. OR, with Option B you go to one of the previously mentioned locations and buy a serving or two, eat it and take a nap. Please do not even suggest making just one serving because no human being in their right mind will go through all of the above for a saucer of coleslaw.

You are to be congratulated for a great post.........riotously funny AND very true! cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:04 am

Thank you, Gringal.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoofBob on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:07 am

I agree, that post really cracked me up. Gold star Lady Otter. flag waver
RoofBob
RoofBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 am

Please, I´m blushing.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:20 am

If you want a few good chuckles along the same line, check out some of the "EASY RECIPES" available on the web. Picture the process and enjoy rolling on the floor laughing.
That's why the goddess made delicatessens.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 am

A lot of people confuse "simple" with "easy." If it involves food shopping, standing up while coordinating eye/hand movement and a knife, plus cleaning and washing dishes--it is not "easy." It is "work." Not only did the goddess make delis, she made "home delivery" once again proving she is good and loves us.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:41 am

Better yet...the goddess makes reservations.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:43 am

David wrote:OK, the "Chicken store" is Tony's. And for the Nth time it's "PAZ Vinos y Licores." Not "La Paz" which is the name of cities in Bolivia and Baja California Sur. PAZ is the family name of the owners.

Good luck Dave...the ninny nit-pickers had a field day when I pointed out, rather nicely I thought, the Paz-La Paz thing along with Lloyd not being Lloyd's
Beer
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:54 am

Yes, the Goddess does make reservations. And the happy hostess is one who knows where to shop. Or who is the best caterer for that matter.

Lots of things are not easy DIY, such as baking bread, and tempura batter, or making your own english muffins.

For all else you have the option of doing it yourself, and letting the maid clean up the mess, which gives you some nice flavor options, or going shopping.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS on Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:54 am

Chico wrote:
LMarkoya wrote:Chico
Was a meat and potatoe guy for the longest time, but found the easiest way to eat lots more veggies is to make smoothies with greens, with the mango and papaya down here mixed in, you'll never know it was good for you....tastes great

Thought about getting a juicer for the longest time. Finally went and looked at a few. Had no idea how to put them together or take them apart, much less wash the parts. Not to mention the cost. WOW. chico

I highly recommend investing in a high-powered blender like a Vitamix & not a juicer...with a juicer you loose all the good fiber. We make up a green smoothie every 2-3 days....fills 2 Padre Kino bottles. Not complicated...A handfull of spinach (I get a bag of Walmart & keep it in freezer), 2 carrots, couple of apples, an orange or two, then whatever is handy or on sale...papaya, mango, banana, berries. fill with water. Be sure to leave 2-3 inches of head room in the bottles to add more water when cooled because this will really thicken up when all the fiber is reabsorbed.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

Post by quiltbugj on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:35 pm

E-raq wrote:Yes, the Goddess does make reservations. And the happy hostess is one who knows where to shop. Or who is the best caterer for that matter.

Lots of things are not easy DIY, such as baking bread, and tempura batter, or making your own english muffins.

For all else you have the option of doing it yourself, and letting the maid clean up the mess, which gives you some nice flavor options, or going shopping.

Well, I do think making bread is easy and I make a mean english muffin - all with a dough that takes 5 minutes to put together and keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks, BTW it also makes pizza crust, cinnamon rolls and breadsticks.

Maybe when we move Lakeside we'll have a party and you'll see how easy it is!!

And I KNOW that Chico and my husband love me ;)
quiltbugj
quiltbugj
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:48 pm

quiltbugj wrote:
E-raq wrote:Yes, the Goddess does make reservations. And the happy hostess is one who knows where to shop. Or who is the best caterer for that matter.

Well, I do think making bread is easy and I make a mean english muffin - all with a dough that takes 5 minutes to put together and keeps in the fridge for 2 weeks, BTW it also makes pizza crust, cinnamon rolls and breadsticks.

Maybe when we move Lakeside we'll have a party and you'll see how easy it is!!

Colour me impressed!!!!! Very Happy

And I KNOW that Chico and my husband love me ;)

Colour me impressed!!!!! Very Happy

Last edited by E-raq on Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : info in wrong place.)
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LMarkoya on Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:26 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:
Chico wrote:
LMarkoya wrote:Chico
Was a meat and potatoe guy for the longest time, but found the easiest way to eat lots more veggies is to make smoothies with greens, with the mango and papaya down here mixed in, you'll never know it was good for you....tastes great

Thought about getting a juicer for the longest time. Finally went and looked at a few. Had no idea how to put them together or take them apart, much less wash the parts. Not to mention the cost. WOW. chico

I highly recommend investing in a high-powered blender like a Vitamix & not a juicer...with a juicer you loose all the good fiber. We make up a green smoothie every 2-3 days....fills 2 Padre Kino bottles. Not complicated...A handfull of spinach (I get a bag of Walmart & keep it in freezer), 2 carrots, couple of apples, an orange or two, then whatever is handy or on sale...papaya, mango, banana, berries. fill with water. Be sure to leave 2-3 inches of head room in the bottles to add more water when cooled because this will really thicken up when all the fiber is reabsorbed.
Exactly what I do and turned a meat and potatoes man into a green smootie (veggie) lovin guy....highly reccommended....as is the Vitamix...as others will die and you'll end up spending more
LMarkoya
LMarkoya
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum