INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article

5 posters

Go down

TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article Empty TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article

Post by Intercasa Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:27 pm

So as promised I went to the transito office today at 12:15pm and asked to speak to the Jefe, Juan Carlos Borrayo. I was informed that he is no longer the jefe and not working there. I met the new Jefe, Raymondo and we spoke about the Guadalajara Reporter article and my opinion and supporting documentation that the statements by the old jefe that carrying the original import permit was required.

We chatted about copies and agreed that regular copies weren't valid as originals and only certified copies done by a Notario. I explained the import permits were virtually impossible to replace as well as needed in the event of towing, theft or calamity and is such happened then being in the vehicle would prohibit the owner from being able to do anything.

I left him with a copy of the federal court ruling stating that a certified copy of a tarjeta de circulacion is as good as the original. We also agreed that a certified copy of an FM3 or FM2 is good to carry to show the person legally is driving beyond the expiration date of their original permission.

This should put to rest the contradiction between my advice and the advice given by the former transito jefe that appeared in the Guadalajara Reporter.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article Empty Re: TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Nice work Spencer. Muchos gracias!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article Empty Re: TOB Posting cintradicting my advice on what to keep in car and GR article

Post by johninajijic Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Do you really think their going to put you in jail if you don't have Notarized copies?

How many people are going to bother getting Notarized copies? Damn few! This country wants to always make things difficult.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Not jail but perhaps tow your car. Notarized copies are 50 pesos each and are accepted as originals, much less than the cost of replacement of important documents and legally accepted as the original, a small insurance policy in my opinion.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:07 am

Really, thank you for the time and effort to correct bad advice given by popular local paper which many people assume would
now the facts.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:53 am

Boy am I glad we are Mexican plated.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down