INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Little Bike Cop

+15
susan
CanuckBob
hockables
Lehrer
viajero
johninajijic
57Chevy
martygraw
CheenaGringo
Mainecoons
brigitte
simpsca
Ricardo
hound dog
juanrey
19 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Little Bike Cop Empty Little Bike Cop

Post by juanrey Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:31 pm

Anyone know the name of the little bike cop that is looking for mordida.
Big thread on TOB
Need to get this guy's name, so something can be done.
PM me if you have the name.

juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Little Bike Cop Empty Re: Little Bike Cop

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:20 pm

This little creep is a sicko. He is actually a slimeball who enjoys disrupting people´s lives despite their progeny. He is, however, a source of serious income for the criminals running the Chapala municipality and that is the reason he haunts the carretera between Chapala and the Jocotepec line. He is a curse upon the land and must be discredited. Anyone who gives him mordida must be hanged in the nearest tree. He and those who suppport his criminal activities deserve community disgrace.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:26 pm

What would the motorist's progeny, if any, have to do with anything?

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Duplicate post.

Last edited by hound dog on Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Looks like his name is officer Juarez. Read the thread on Chapala.com on him. http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?showtopic=32356 Supposedly he does not report to any local official. I really don't know the story. Do know he caught me and a friend in a scam he was pulling in Chapala. I refused to pay the bribe - three tickets showed up on my registration renewal - I have a Mexican plated car and I gave him all documentation which allowed him to submit false tickets.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:48 pm

My husband also had a ticket that showed up but we never checked why he got the ticket . We just paid it.
Can you check who gave you the ticket and why, when they show up so long after?
This year if anything shows up we will inquire and fight it if it comes from Ajijic.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't think the Chapala municipality gets the revenue. This guy is just a nut case, submitting false tickets left and right. Simpsca, you should report the fake tickets to Lakeside Crime.

I found out today that someone my wife knows was robbed by the cops on the GDL bypass to Zapotanlejo just as we were. Four of these scum pulled them over, claimed they were DWI, searched them and stole all their money.

I'll tell you, the cops in this country are its biggest problem if it serious about being a retirement mecca. Most of the other places that go after the expat dollar seem to understand they need to leave the cash cows alone. Not these slimey Mexican cops.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:53 pm

Were they cops or transitos?

My husband had his wallet lifted by State cops in Chiapas when they rescued him from the car that was about to go down a ravine. The Federal police stopped as well and I told them the wallet had been lifted by the State cops and they said they believed me but it was not their job to do anything about it....

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:01 pm

Unfortunately this was more than two years ago - same guy was pulling a scam with a truck in Chapala. I don't have the car any more or the registration renewals. If I had known Intercasa then I would probably have asked him to help investigate the false tickets on the renewal.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks for the post I will be on my guards this year.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:08 pm

brigitte wrote:Were they cops or transitos?

My husband had his wallet lifted by State cops in Chiapas when they rescued him from the car that was about to go down a ravine. The Federal police stopped as well and I told them the wallet had been lifted by the State cops and they said they believed me but it was not their job to do anything about it....

They were GDL cops. Same kind that stole a camera from us. Unfortunately, that bypass has turned into a nice place for the cops to steal from the public as it doesn't have a lot of traffic, particularly in the morning. Once you get to Mex 80 at the end of it you're probably OK but the 7 miles between the exit and there is crooked cop central.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:19 pm

I could tell you dozens of stories of friends who traveled in different areas of Mexico and were stopped by transit police. One couple two days from home were threatened with being taken to jail. All they did was drive over a tope in a small town and their car alarm went off. The police took over 2,000 pesos from them so they didn't have to go to jail. It was all their money. I don't remember how they got home. The cops became best friends with them after they got their 2,000 pesos. Friends never went driving outside our area again. I understand it happens in many parts of Mexico. The transit police are the crooks according to my Mexican friends in many areas of Mexico.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:23 pm

That is awful and pretty scary as well.

Simpca we were robbed by State police not transitos and it sounds like Mainecoon´s friends were as well.
I am usually ready for the transitos but I was not ready for the State Police backed up by the Feds.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:54 pm

Given the number of miles that Brigitte and the Dawg travel throughout Mexico, it would be within the law of averages that they would have some negative experiences with various police agencies and the same would probably be true NOB. When I see gross generalizations that state that: "I have heard the transitos are a problem everywhere" - I see ignorance coming into play. It is an unfair assessment and a gross generalization! I would guess that we have 30K - 40K miles under our belt driving in Mexico traveling through probably 80 to 100 military and Federale checkpoints and have NEVER been hassled or treated poorly at any of them. The closest I have ever been to getting a ticket was back in 2006 when I took a left turn towards Hotel Real Chapala and that turned into a laugh session. Unlike many, I actually enjoy driving in Mexico, appreciate the cuotas but I do dislike all the topes.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:55 pm

I have no idea what kind of police took all my friends money - I don't think they knew. They were terrified - said they were threatened with jail and impounding the car and the cops were very nasty to them - until they gave them all their money - and they were asked for all their money.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:46 pm

Mainecoons wrote:
brigitte wrote:Were they cops or transitos?

They were GDL cops. Same kind that stole a camera from us. Unfortunately, that bypass has turned into a nice place for the cops to steal from the public as it doesn't have a lot of traffic, particularly in the morning. Once you get to Mex 80 at the end of it you're probably OK but the 7 miles between the exit and there is crooked cop central.

Gee Dan, we have been driving that road since it first opened, and have yet to see a cop never mind being crooked cop central. I know you got robed, but from what I have heard about the incedent it was your own damn fault. So lets get the fact straight, if you know of anyone else thast has been robbed on that road state it. If not cut the BS.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:25 pm

I have been stopped twice by Transitos in Ajijic and falsely accused of something. The first time I was new and didn't know how to handle it - paid the mordida. The second time, I had a Mexican passenger with me. A Transito on a motorcycle pulled me over. But, when my passenger got out of the car, the Transito looked at him and then waved me on, said he made a mistake, I had not really gone through a red light.

57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:08 am

Oh, I'm sure that some folks are just "natural targets" for crooked cops, right Neil?

As far as statements about crooked cops etc, some people are just natural targets!

Simpsca, this explains why this crook put three tickets on your Jalisco plates. I know you'll be comforted to know why you and a whole bunch more people have been fleeced by crooked Mexican cops. Isn't it nice to see such pearls of wisdom from our non-resident expert on Mexico?

Wishing ill on others has a way of coming round and biting one on the ass. A few of you here had better start wearing armored pants.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainecoons Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:39 am

Here you go, Marty:

From a fellow Amiga:

Some friends of ours were stopped on the new highway from Tonala by municipal police yesterday. There were no other cars around, and they were under the speed limit. There were four cops in black, with guns and the black vests. The cops accused them of drunk driving, since they had nothing else to use, I guess. My friends had them smell the cokes they were drinking, which of course, were nothing but coke. They separated the man and wife, had him spread-eagle, searched him, taking his wallet, and grabbed the wife's purse. My friends were very upset at not being able to see each other, and while the cops rifled through everything, glovebox, trunk, everything, the cops STOLE all their cash.
You hear all the time about mordita, even more now as we are close to Christmas, but this is a new low.

Some more of those natural targets. While you and Neil are at it, perhaps you'd like to share with all of us how one is a natural target or is to blame when driving a non-descript car, obeying all the laws and is accosted by armed criminal cops who forcibly search them and steal from them. Since you and Neil are such experts on everything here, I'm sure all of us natural targets can benefit from your wisdom.

This should be interesting, folks.

Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:16 am

[quote="CheenaGringo"]Given the number of miles that Brigitte and the Dawg travel throughout Mexico, it would be within the law of averages that they would have some negative experiences with various police agencies and the same would probably be true NOB.

Just to clarify, the Chiapas state cops stole my wallet after we had an accident in the dark on a rural highway on the slopes of the Tacaná Volcano on the Chiapas/Guatemala border and they are infamous for doing that to accident victims in that area. However, while we drive between Lake Chapala and Chiapas, sometimes through Oaxaca and sometimes through Veracruz, at least six times a year, a distance of at least some 6,000 to 8,000 kilometers per year, we have never been hassled by any transitos or cops on those extended drives. The incident on the volcano near Tapachula took place because the cops rescued us from an accident and, as I said, they are infamous for that sort of thing down there - sort of acting like vultures when people are helpless. To make matters even worse, we had to leave the car in Tapachula for a couple of weeks and either the tow truck driver or the taller down there used by our insurance company to fix our car, stole everything from the car including the jack. They did leave us the steering wheel but did a lousy repair job.

I regret that the Chiapas event was brought up here as this thread is supposed to be about the local transitos at Lakeside and, perhaps, Guadalajara. In the five years we have lived in San Cristóbal de Las Casas and traveled extensively from there to Oaxaca, Veracruz, Yucatan, Quintana Roo and Puebla City and State, we have never been hassled by cops or transitos or army personnel manning the many checkpoints down there. Just at the scene of that accident and only then. In five years in San Cristóbal, I have never seen anyone get a ticket for anything and the transitos down there cannot be compared with the opportunists at Lakeside where we have lived for ten years. Of course, we drive with Mexican plates and that has made a huge difference since we got rid of that California plated car.

It would be hard to give anyone a ticket in Vercruz, Oaxaca or Chiapas because everybody in those states drives like the were chasing the hounds of hell. How are they going to select who to pull over when every driver is breaking every imaginable law which are only mild suggestions in the south anyway. Friends in Veracruz have told us you can get a driver´s license in that state without taking any tests at all - written or driving. I don´t know if that´s true but judging by the chaos on the back roads in Veracruz, it sure seems that way. After you get used to it, driving is very exiting even fun down there - like a visit to an amusement park and climbing on the scariest rides.

On the other hand, on our recent visit to Cheenagringo´s home state of New Mexico, the drivers drove us crazy. What a bunch of mental cases. Maybe we´ve been in Mexico too long to return to the U.S. hellhole.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:47 am

Maybe if they paid Police a decent salary, they wouldn't be thieves! Or are some of them just dishonest people with no morals.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:38 am

I know some of the poorest people in Chiapas and some are honnest and some are not. I also know some rich people who are dishonnest as hell. I do not think honnesty is linked to how much money you have or make.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:00 pm

"Maybe if they paid Police a decent salary, they wouldn't be thieves! Or are some of them just dishonest people with no morals."

I would like to see a list of just where in this world police are paid a decent salary commensurate with the stress and working conditions they have to endure on a daily basis. Stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself if you would be willing to do such a job for the pay scale.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:47 pm

CheenaGringo wrote:"Maybe if they paid Police a decent salary, they wouldn't be thieves! Or are some of them just dishonest people with no morals."

I would like to see a list of just where in this world police are paid a decent salary commensurate with the stress and working conditions they have to endure on a daily basis. Stand in front of a mirror and ask yourself if you would be willing to do such a job for the pay scale.
LA,CA.$90 k per year and you get a gun and a badge and the the right to be a prick.
Chris

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by 57Chevy Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:51 pm

When I was harassed by transitos, I was driving a Mexican plated car. I was stopped for "DWG"....driving while gringo.
57Chevy
57Chevy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next