INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Federal Labor Law Holidays

3 posters

Go down

Federal Labor Law Holidays Empty Federal Labor Law Holidays

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:48 pm

Federal Labor Law Holidays

Ok, so many of you probably wonder about workers and paid holidays. Here it is directly from the law.

Artículo 73.- Los trabajadores no están obligados a prestar servicios en sus días de descanso. Si se quebranta esta disposición, el patrón pagará al trabajador, independientemente del salario que le corresponda por el descanso, un salario doble por el servicio prestado.

Workers aren't obligated to work on their "rest" days. If they do work then they shall be paid double.

Artículo 74. Son días de descanso obligatorio: The following are mandatory "rest" days:
I. El 1o. de enero; January 1st

II. El primer lunes de febrero en conmemoración del 5 de febrero; The first Monday in February commemorating February 5th.

III. El tercer lunes de marzo en conmemoración del 21 de marzo; The third Monday in March commemorating March 21st.

IV. El 1o. de mayo; The 1st of May

V. El 16 de septiembre; The 16th of September

VI. El tercer lunes de noviembre en conmemoración del 20 de noviembre; The third Monday in November commemorating November 20th.

VII. El 1o. de diciembre de cada seis años, cuando corresponda a la transmisión del Poder Ejecutivo Federal; December 1st every six years when the presidency changes.

VIII. El 25 de diciembre, y December 25th and

IX. El que determinen las leyes federales y locales electorales, en el caso de elecciones ordinarias, para efectuar la jornada electoral. Election related holidays both federal and local as needed.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Federal Labor Law Holidays Empty Holiday Pay

Post by Ajijic Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:41 am

Spencer so they get paid for those specific holidays if they do not work, correct? And, if they work they get double time for hours worked, correct? So a person who normally works 8 hours a day and is asked to work 8 hours on one of these holidays could get 24 hours pay?
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Federal Labor Law Holidays Empty Re: Federal Labor Law Holidays

Post by Intercasa Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:44 am

They'd get triple as they'd be paid for the normal day which they wouldn't work and then if they worked they'd get double pay for working on top of that.

I read in the PV paper that they are looking to pass a measure that requires a 45% tip for dining out on national holidays to better compensate the workers who are working and who cannot be with their families.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Federal Labor Law Holidays Empty Holiday Pay

Post by Ajijic Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:55 am

Thanks Spencer. That is what I thought and actually mimics most places in Canada and US. I asked as I have had people refute anything beyond the double pay which does not make sense. Thanks again John
Ajijic
Ajijic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:49 pm

Up here in BC, my employees working on the stat day get 1 1/2 times for the first 4 hours, double time for the last 4 hours and an extra days pay or day off in lieu.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down