INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Optometrist

5 posters

Go down

Optometrist Empty Optometrist

Post by CanuckBob Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:56 pm

What is the cost of an eye exam? Are there better deals on glasses locally (or in GDL) versus NOB?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Optometrist Empty Re: Optometrist

Post by CheenaGringo Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Bob:

Don't know the precise answer to your question but I will tell you that Costco opened a glasses lab in Mexico City and glasses that Kathy ordered in Albuquerque were produced there. Admittedly the first pair were not done correctly but they didn't hesitate one bit on remaking them when they realized a mistake had been made.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:23 pm

I would recommend Dr. Pinto. He uses a lab in Mexico City to fill his prescriptions. Turn around time was one week from the date of the exam. He got it right the first time...for both of us...three pair of glasses in total. My distance glasses (with astigmatism sp??) cost 1800 pesos total...nice light frames and transition lenses. Hubby's (one pair for distance and one pair for reading...both transition lenses) were 2000 pesos per pair.

The cost of an eye exam depends on whether they are testing for Glaucoma etc...think mine was 400 pesos.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Ditto on Dr. Pinto. He uses a good lab.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:40 pm

CanuckBob wrote:What is the cost of an eye exam? Are there better deals on glasses locally (or in GDL) versus NOB?

I see an eye doctor Dr. Paczka, in Guadalajara. I pay 500 pesos for a visit with the doctor who speaks English - which includes an examination of my retinas, a pressure test with the latest equipment (not available lakeside) a computerized vision test plus a regular eye test with fine tuning by the doctor. I also buy my eyeglasses from his practice which is called Global Glaucoma. They are much cheaper here. I just looked at titanium frames in his office for 850 pesos or $63 USD. I don't remember what I paid for lenses but about half the last price in the US 12 years ago - ultra thin, strong, anti reflective, flat top bifocal. There have been some problems reported by friends with local eye doctors and opticians. One friend had blurry vision in one eye and was told by a doctor that she was under stress. Some friends took her to Guadalajara and she had a detached retina. She got there just in time or would have lost sight completely in that eye.

I've gone to Guadalajara for so many years, the difference in the equipment is worth the trip and I only have one set of eyes.

Last edited by simpsca on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:47 pm

My wife is due for her eye exam and needs some new glasses so now will probably wait until we get down since it appears the savings on the exam and glasses will be worth the wait.

Thanks for the input everyone.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down