INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside Wildlife - need a number

2 posters

Go down

Lakeside Wildlife - need a number Empty Lakeside Wildlife - need a number

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:57 am

No answer at 376-765-4916 for Vern or Lori. I have a squirrle in the house and can't locate a squirrel trap. Lakeside Friends of the Animals (Animal Shelter) has nothing for small critters.

He hasn't been on his Facebook page since 2017, so I doubt my message there will get through... anyone able to verify that number? Thanks.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lakeside Wildlife - need a number Empty Re: Lakeside Wildlife - need a number

Post by mudgirl Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:12 pm

One thing you could try if you aren't successful getting assistance is borrow someone's cat, as long as it isn't a fat, pampered one. Or a Jack Russell terrier. Guaranteed it'll either catch the squirrel or chase it out if the house if you leave the doors open.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:51 pm

This whole thing started with my cats not being street-wise. You would have laughed at the "Mexican standoof" between the fat sassy squirrel and my cats. It finally bolted into the house through the cat door. No way my cats were going to do more than "stand guard". I've seen the same reaction with lots of cats around here.

I got a trap at Jarra. Useless piece of junk. I suspect at least one part missing.

While I was buying the trap, the squirrel clambered up onto my screen window and managed to push it out, and away it went.

Meanwhile, where did you see Jack Russel terriers for rent... ?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:21 pm

Haha. I just thought maybe you knew someone who had that type of dog, and I know they are good ratters. Old gringos seem to favor the little dogs you can fit in your purse or carry around like a baby :-)

My cat was a stray in the neighborhood who was fending for herself for a couple years until she started sleeping on my terrace cushions and decided she lived here. Me and my dog kept chasing her off, but cats make their own decisions. Then she left a nice big rat for me on the terrace one day, which is when I decided she wasn't so bad to have around after all. She is still primarily an outdoor cat, but the other night when I spotted a mouse run through the living room, I locked her inside before I went to bed and haven't seen the mouse since.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down