INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tamarind Paste

4 posters

Go down

Tamarind Paste  Empty Tamarind Paste

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:16 am

Yeah yeah yeah, I know I can make it from scratch, and I have.

Looking the pure paste (no sugars, no other flavorings).

None of the fruterias near me in Ajijic have it, they just have the pods.

They had it at El Granero, but it only came in 1 kilo size and I am looking for a much smaller amount.

I looked at Walmart and did not find....maybe I am looking in the wrong place??? I had thought years ago I bought it at Walmart near the bakery on a shelf with the membrillo paste (quince), but didn't find it there on my last visit.

If you've seen it recently, please point me in the right direction. Gracias in advance.
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tamarind Paste  Empty Re: Tamarind Paste

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:23 am

I have not seen it recently, because I use so little of it, the small jar I bought at Soriana two years ago is still quite full.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:40 am

Should have mentioned I tried Soriana about 4 weeks ago. They (nicely) took me on a goose chase to several aisles where they thought it might be. But, nada.

I also asked at El Torito 2 weeks ago with the same result.

Have not tried SL or Panchos, but SL is a shadow of its former self since they reopened. Panchos isn't my fave spot for a number of reasons; willing to travel to either if I knew they had it (based on someone's recent sighting).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:24 pm

Will this do? I assume that a dehydrated product can be made into a paste by adding a little water...
https://www.amazon.com.mx/Natures-Factory-Tamarindo-Deshidratado-Natural/dp/B07MM548ZM/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_es_MX=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=concentrado+de+tamarindo+sin+azucar&qid=1600621315&sr=8-4

I looked up "concentrado de Tamarindo" on both Amazon Mx. and Mercado Libre.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by BisbeeGal Sun Sep 20, 2020 12:46 pm

Thx. This is powdered (to make drinks), so I won't get the texture, but if all else fails I may give it a shot. At least it's sugar-free.

I tried tamarindo in AMZN MX all I got was candies, huge tubs of it, and pastes flavored with both sugar and chiles. I haven't tried MercadoLibre, but will.

On AMZN US there were umpteen choices of tamarind paste, sadly none of them shipped to MX via Amazon. I've had bad luck with 3rd party AMZN US shipping to US (as in, it never got here, hung up at Aduana wanting a king's ransom, or got here 9 months later).
BisbeeGal
BisbeeGal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:55 pm

BisbeeGal wrote:

On AMZN US there were umpteen choices of tamarind paste, sadly none of them shipped to MX via Amazon.  I've had bad luck with 3rd party AMZN US shipping to US (as in, it never got here, hung up at Aduana wanting a king's ransom, or got here 9 months later).  

Did you mean AMZN US shipping to MEXICO? ….no Aduana if if stays in the US and then someone could physically bring it down for you, like Alex Peterson or an acquaintance.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down