INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New State of Jalisco Legislation effective August 1, 2011

Go down

New State of Jalisco Legislation effective August 1, 2011 Empty New State of Jalisco Legislation effective August 1, 2011

Post by Sherman Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:35 am

In this week's GR, p. 10, there's an article on the Federal MX legislation and a brief mention of the new State of Jalisco legislation.

The legislation pertains to legal 'guardianship' of adults who no longer can act on their own behalf. With this new legislation is also for the first time ever a durable power of attorney. (For those of you who don't know the term, check my website www.lifeplanninginjalisco.wordpress.com or nolopress.com.) However, the durable power of attorney is limited to designating someone in advance of the 'event' to act as guardian. Yet to be determined how broadly this will be interpreted.

Also with the new legislation are health care directives, but as stated in the legislation, they are for 'therapeutic treatments' specifically and not for palliative care as set out in the federal legislation..

In order to keep my publication as accurate as possible, the publications were removed from the shelves and will be back out this week. You can find them at the Law Office of Azucena Bateman, 30 Ocampo (in front of the early bird cafe), Diane Pearl's at Ocampo and Colon, or from La Bella Vida on the 16th of September.

Cheers,
Filoli mariachi

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

New State of Jalisco Legislation effective August 1, 2011 Empty Re: New State of Jalisco Legislation effective August 1, 2011

Post by Sherman Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:54 pm

For the month of October, 2011, The Lake Chapala Review is running an article on health care directives that can be 'legally' obtained for use in Jalisco. Article is on page 5. The LCR is free periodical.....so pick one up.

Also, the publication Life Planning in Jalisco is now available at an additional location:
the "Book Store" at Plaza Bumgambilias Ajijic (behind Torritos and below the theatre); 376 766 4319. Open Mon-Sat 9 to 5 and Sunday 10 - 3.

Filoli Very Happy

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down