INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I like this guy.

3 posters

Go down

I like this guy. Empty I like this guy.

Post by Problem Child Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:57 pm

AMLO to open gas stations if operators don’t act ‘responsibly’
President irked by high profit margins, warns stations not to 'abuse' customers
Tuesday, April 9, 2019

The federal government threatened today to go into retail fuel sales if private gas station owners don’t charge “fair prices.”

President López Obrador called on gas station owners and fuel distributors to act responsibly and not be “abusive” towards their customers by charging them excessive prices.

The president said his words amounted to a “friendly invitation” for fuel wholesalers and retailers to review their profit margins.

If they don’t listen, López Obrador continued, “we would think about creating a group of [gas] stations . . . not a lot, just enough so that fuel is sold at a fair price.”

Arturo Herrera, an undersecretary at the Secretariat of Finance and Public Credit (SHCP), said that profit margins for regular, premium and diesel fuels were 55%, 84% and 36% respectively.

López Obrador said that there is a range of tools, such as mobile apps, that consumers can use to locate the cheapest place to buy fuel.

He also said he will announce at his morning press conference every Monday which gas stations are selling the cheapest and the most expensive fuel.

The leftist leader reiterated his pledge that his government won’t increase fuel or electricity prices beyond the annual inflation rate.

The Mexican retail fuel market was opened up to private and foreign companies as a result of the previous government’s energy reform.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

I like this guy. Empty Re: I like this guy.

Post by lakeside7 Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:20 pm

I do not understand his observations...Most of the stations have the name PEMEX..so...I thought the Mexican Government owned PEMEX..or not

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:36 pm

Hardly. They are franchises and operate the same way as in Canada and the U.S.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:51 pm

And IMO, they price fix within a few centavos.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum