INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lakeside, is is a conflict of interest for one person to be the broker in a real estate company and a sales person (agent) at the same time?

+10
CanuckBob
Bandol
Rosa Venus
cypress
Carry Bean
Sherman
gringal
brigitte
MexicoPete
ferret
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lakeside, is is a conflict of interest for one person to be the broker in a real estate company and a sales person (agent) at the same time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lakeside, is is a conflict of interest for one person to be the broker in a real estate company and a sales person (agent) at the same time?

Post by Sherman Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:53 pm

[quote="CanuckBob"]There are also clients who want to list their property for way above what it is worth. The property sits on the market for years. This does not look good on the agent nor help the industry. I often wonder why agents take such listings.[/quote

When I first listed my house, there was a client at Ajijic Realty that had been -- for months and months -- asking to see houses that were way over the amount she wanted to pay. So, the agent keep taking her. And, in a few cases, she 'bid' on a house .... maybe out of 30 houses, she bid on 3 and would low-ball the amount so much that there was no chance the seller would even entertain the bid. I guess I should have been impressed that she liked my house so much to give one of these bids and 'wasted' my time and energy at a 'sit-down' meeting to present 'the offer'' I got up and left. In the US, the agent would have told the buyer that she was wasting everyone's time and the buyer would have found a way to graciously refer the client onto another 'lucky' agent.

Then to help matters along, the broker/agent I wound up with patted herself on the back because of 'how well' she did in getting above the offer mentioned above (about $70,000US lower than asking price) .... without knowing any of the circumstances.

Someone posted about watching their back ..... impossible here!

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Lakeside, is is a conflict of interest for one person to be the broker in a real estate company and a sales person (agent) at the same time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lakeside, is is a conflict of interest for one person to be the broker in a real estate company and a sales person (agent) at the same time?

Post by ferret Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:45 pm

You got up and left? Whatever happened to negotiations? I would have signed back the offer. And, if I was really insulted, I would have signed it back at the listing price (or higher if that's possible here).
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:43 pm

What a weird posting... if only to keep stirring the pot and wishing to make innuendos as if casting bait...spit it out man what is your problem...This is not Disneyland, where the shows starts and finishes every day on time and schedule.
On your thinking a sales agent who list's a house should not be able to sell it!!!!

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:20 pm

People who make low ball offers on houses sometimes get them if the seller is desperate enough. That’s the game. Doesn’t mean the seller has to take it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm

In1996 I saw a home in upper Ajijic that I would have loved to purchase, but could not afford same. The real estate agent said, make your best offer and I will see if it will be accepted.

I made the highest offer I could and luckily it was accepted. It was at about 65% of the asking price. I have been happy ever since. Apparently because this home was up a very steep hill in Ajijic, most buyers were scared off. Living in Seattle where there are steep hills everywhere, I did not know that most folks called these streets too steep.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:04 am

Your hills aren't too bad Pete but there are other areas that have inclines way beyond what would be allowed NOB (Upper Chula vista, Racquet Club, Ranch del Oro, etc.). I was in Valle de Bravo a few weeks ago and they had streets so steep that when it rained all the cars (including me) had to line up and get a running start to make it up. Several cars started sliding backwards and had to make several attempts. Totally ridiculous.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 am

Guanajuato is another one. You know the hills are steep when they cut steps into the sidewalk and install a handrail (if you're lucky).
Atascadero in San Miguel de Allende is another one.
And many streets in the hills of Sayulita.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Drone Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:18 pm

As I see it, if owners are going to list properties for a ridicules price, why shouldn't potential buyers do the same. who knows, right...? IMO if you are listing in mexico and asking USD, your price is ridicules.

Chapala Drone
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by windrider17 Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Sorry, I'm missing something here. I always understood that an agent has an obligation to convey any offers made. Seller has the right to say yes, no, or negotiate. I never understood that whining was an option, other than over drinks at a bar.

windrider17
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Warped

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:28 am

this has taken the original topic way off from the intended direction. How about starting a new thread ....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Drone Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:54 am

Sherman wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:There are also clients who want to list their property for way above what it is worth. The property sits on the market for years. This does not look good on the agent nor help the industry. I often wonder why agents take such listings.[/quote

When I first listed my house, there was a client at Ajijic Realty that had been -- for months and months -- asking to see houses that were way over the amount she wanted to pay.  So, the agent keep taking her.  And, in a few cases, she 'bid' on a house ....  maybe out of 30 houses, she bid on 3 and would low-ball the amount so much that there was no chance the seller would even entertain the bid.  I guess I should have been impressed that she liked my house so much to give one of these bids and 'wasted' my time and energy at a 'sit-down' meeting to present 'the offer''  I got up and left.  In the US, the agent would have told the buyer that she was wasting everyone's time and the buyer would have found a way to graciously refer the client onto another 'lucky' agent.

Then to help matters along, the broker/agent I wound up with patted herself on the back because of 'how well' she did in getting above the offer mentioned above (about $70,000US lower than asking price) .... without knowing any of the circumstances.

Someone posted about watching their back ..... impossible here!
Well... YOU are the one who took it off topic, so maybe you should start a new thread
if you don't like what you have done...

Chapala Drone
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:04 am

Actually, I did not take it 'off topic'. My post was intended to say and agree with the poster who indicated that often it is the client (buyer or seller) who is a problem for the realtor. I only gave an example of one experience I'm aware of where the potential buyer was running the realtor through the hoops and really did not intend to buy. I believe it was more than 30 houses that was shown to the client ... and always some little this or that wrong. Who knows what the buyer really intended, but in the end she bought nothing and it was 'thought' (expressed elsewhere) that the buyer was never really interested in buying. I'll start another thread, at your suggestion. Thanks for your input.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:10 am

We may be an example:
In 2001, we bought a brand new house in Ajijic for $93k, with light fixtures and appliances. In 2004, we listed it, furnished. Several liked it and it turned into an 'auction situation', where we had all the offers on the table & chose the best one, at $165k. With that profit, we bought a large 'fixer upper' in Chapala for $150k, spent $80k on renovations, and lived it it for ten wonderful years, selling it for $200k. So, our 'rent' was something like $3k per year, plus utilities & taxes.
Moving to Tucson, we offered $150k on a home listed at $169k and settled at $152k.  We just sold it for $185k, just above our asking price, and moved to Texas.
In Texas, we offered 81% of the asking price of our present home, and settled at  87% of asking. So, we succeeded in buying well below appraisal and market price, again.
All transactions were cash, without professional inspections, and with closings at the convenience of the seller, mas o menos.  That made us the 'bird in hand' rather than the 'bird in the bush', in all instances. We did all closings remotely, with the real estate agents doing the 'walk-through' for us, with wire transfers to the appropriate title agents.  
It can be done, if you 'stage' your home appropriately and without professional help, if possible. Fortunately, my better half is very good at that, and it allowed us to sell 'furnished' in the USA, but to keep our artwork, etc.  At the other end, we bought an 'executive rental' well furnished and extremely well equipped. We will change a few things, but we avoided the cost of a professional move; using just a U-Haul and a fully loaded pick-up truck for our 1100 mile move.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2