INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now

+7
Trailrunner
suegarn
Nicksco
SunshineyDay
MexicoPete
Rosa Venus
Carry Bean
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now Empty FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:49 pm

Flounder fish & chips because Shea said halibut is out of season now and also something about water conditions.  I have never seen such a fluster cuck in my life with date cancellations, 2 trips out there, then a message to call the manager, being told the manager will call back and now this.

So be there tomorrow at 1:00.  I will be and just between us, if you hate flounder, order off the menu.  However, flounder fish and chips might be fabulous.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now Empty Re: FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:59 pm

Bumping up.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now Empty Re: FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now

Post by Carry Bean Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:54 pm

Bumping again so everyone sees it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 pm

Given the recent performance of The Brewhouse and management, "Flounder" seems perfectly appropriate! Nothing a couple of these can't fix!

Beer

FINAL UPDATE***Halbut fish & chips tomorrow is now Screen11
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:06 pm

If you weren’t there, your ears were probably burning.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:17 pm

Great function, great people, and much was said. Yes if you weren't there your ears should be burning. I learned a lot. I hope I am in the country the next time we have a get-together.

Thank you so much, Carry Bean, for organizing this event.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:52 pm

Come on!
That's not fair! Spill the beans!

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicksco Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:07 pm

Heard a rumor that Shea will have Halibut & chips on special tomorrow? He had some left over from today's swarm!!!!
Nicksco
Nicksco

Humor : good

http://nicksco1@msn.com

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:32 pm

Nicksco wrote:Heard a rumor that Shea will have Halibut & chips on special tomorrow? He had some left over from today's swarm!!!!

I thought they were serving flounder, because halibut is out of season?

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:28 pm

I don't know how many they were planning for because last week quite a few more were scheduled to come. All I know is that I counted, I believe 16 or 17 and that we all had a good time. We missed those of you who were not able to make it because of the schedule change.

Lets do it again, hopefully not between mid Sep to early Oct when I have to go north for a short visit.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:42 pm

suegarn wrote:
Nicksco wrote:Heard a rumor that Shea will have Halibut & chips on special tomorrow? He had some left over from today's swarm!!!!

I thought they were serving flounder, because halibut is out of season?

They did serve flounder. 23 were scheduled. Not everyone showed. Evil or Very Mad

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:01 pm

Sounds like you guys had a good time. How was the flounder and chips? Good?

CB, you are to be commended. Muy amable.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Gossip, rumors, innuendo, and false accusations were not allowed pertaining to attendees, but mandatory for those not present. We are obliged to come up with new material and "information" about those delinquents before the next fish banquet.
I will crawl there on my hands and knees before I will allow myself to be the subject of a/that , "witch hunt'.
Yes, flounder was served, no halibut, but it was beautifully done, and was even better than the last time.  Eighteen orders went out as 16 peope were on time and 2 arrived later. Don't know how many were lost because of the date change. Carry said 23 were originally signed up.

Last edited by slainte39 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:39 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Great function, great people, and much was said. Yes if you weren't there your ears should be burning. I learned a lot. I hope I am in the country the next time we have a get-together.

Thank you so much, Carry Bean, for organizing this event.

Most of the "information" I brought pertained to you, which I had to throw into the trash can, when you showed up.

Have you no decency. sir???........(I don't Very Happy )

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:00 pm

mariachi
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:03 pm

I was fortunate enough to sit next to Carry Bean (thanks for the Herculean effort organizing it). I was having such a fun time talking to her that I didn't have a chance to meet many others. Whoops! She and I shared a lot of laughs...

slainte39 wrote:Gossip, rumors, innuendo, and false accusations were not allowed pertaining to attendees, but mandatory for those not present.

...and yes, that's an an accurate description of our conversation. Very Happy

The fish was fine, the conversation better. Thanks, Carry!
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:04 pm

Yes, reputations (shady to begin with) were thoroughly ruined and nobody escaped unscathed.  So if you want to have even a shred of decency attached to your name, you better show up to the next one which might be in the latter part of October.  There was talk of having it at the Smoke House but that would be up for discussion.

There were 2 tables.  The fogeys sat at one.  Slainte headed that group.  I was at the kids’ table with the fun people including Rosa Venus.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:08 pm

Oh, and Trailrunner, we will send a search party after you if you don’t come to the next one. I will let you wear my Bennie 2.5 name tag even.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:16 pm

Hahaha But then my cover would be blown!

Wait, what? Slainte wasn't invited to the fun table? Nooooo.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 pm

He was busy doing his imitation of Michael Flatley’s River Dance on the bar.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:48 am

Carry Bean wrote:He was busy doing his imitation of Michael  Flatley’s River Dance on the bar.

In a wheel chair..........

The delight, glee, and frivolity at the children's table was disgusting, and I say that affectionately.
Meanwhile, the grown ups discussed death, taxes, and other inevitabilities with ideas that could change the world.
But raking the absentees over the coals brought the two groups together for the final act. Even some, not associated with the board, got equal time.

I'm fearful there were spies, posing as regular patrons,  taping and recording the whole affair, which could come back to haunt us.
........ACCESS BREW HOUSE TAPES.....

Last edited by slainte39 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:58 am

Trailrunner wrote:Hahaha But then my cover would be blown!

What cover??? LOL

Someone had a thick dossier labeled "Trailrunner", with all your real and fictitious ID's for the last 100 years.
"Outed" would be a mild description of your standing.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 am

Ah, but do you have an "Omarosa" among you?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:31 am

Sounds like I missed a fun time. Glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:51 am

CanuckBob wrote:Sounds like I missed a fun time. Glad to see everyone enjoyed themselves.

That you did.

I finally got to meet slainte39. Fun time.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next