INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nueva Poasda

+5
kipissippi
johninajijic
gringal
ferret
Parker
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nueva Poasda - Page 2 Empty Re: Nueva Poasda

Post by raqueteer Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am

Can't say that we've been all that impressed with either Laurent or Jardin de Ninette. In fact, would be hard pressed to go back to either of them. These two are vastly over rated and expensive for what you get.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Laurent is our most favorite restaurant. Service is always attentive and the food has been excellent every time we've dined there and we've been there many times. I've always found the prices to be fair and I love the variety on the menu. What any of this has to do with the Nueva Posada is beyond me.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:56 pm

David wrote:Laurent is our most favorite restaurant. Service is always attentive and the food has been excellent every time we've dined there and we've been there many times. I've always found the prices to be fair and I love the variety on the menu. What any of this has to do with the Nueva Posada is beyond me.

First of all, thread drift took it there, and secondly, to each his own.

The first time service was bad, and the food mediocre, second time about the same, although the service was better.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:02 pm

Yup, one's palate never lies.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm

David wrote:Yup, one's palate never lies.

David - Agree 1000% with you on Laurent and Nionette. NEVER had a bad meal or bad service at either restaurant and that goes for anyone of our 10 - 12 Monthly Dinner group who has dined there at least 8 + times. We consider both of these restaurants the top two in Ajijic.

raqueteer - What did you have to eat that you dislike both restaurants? What restaurants do you like better?
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:14 pm

johninajijic wrote:
David wrote:Yup, one's palate never lies.

David - Agree 1000% with you on Laurent and Nionette. NEVER had a bad meal or bad service at either restaurant and that goes for anyone of our 10 - 12 Monthly Dinner group who has dined there at least 8 + times. We consider both of these restaurants the top two in Ajijic.

raqueteer - What did you have to eat that you dislike both restaurants? What restaurants do you like better?

Gosh can hardly remember Ninette, however would say the menu had overdone it on the cheese and cilantro side.

As for Laurent, a lamb rib which did not taste like lamb, a rather odd custard of blue cheese, and cassoulet.

Since I like to graze rather than eat a large main course, I would prefer larger appetizer portions. Both Ninette and Laurent are pretty skimpy in that area.

I like Vita Bella and oddly enough, although it has zero atmosphere, Rikki's, super tempura shrimp. For lunch there's no place like Panino's. We also like the Hacienda steak house, and had a delicious aioli at Tabarka, although not everything was perfect there.

Too bad we cant mix up all the good bits and roll them together.

Last edited by raqueteer on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2