INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car rental from Antonio Regalado

+9
rvanparys
Rosa Venus
Lakesider
idocdan
MNmx
solajijic
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
hogline
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Car rental from Antonio Regalado - Page 2 Empty Re: Car rental from Antonio Regalado

Post by lunateak Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:23 am

bimini6 wrote:He is legit, (Antonio), he has a website, he has a facebook presence and I know of multiple friends who have rented from him.  I and others have also bought a used car from him.  He is honest, has great insurance on his rentals and gives excellent customer service.  Hope this is helpful.

Is the car insured in your name? That would be legitimate. Or are you his 'friend borrowing his car'? That would not be legitimate no matter your presence on FB nor how pretty your website.

lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Car rental from Antonio Regalado - Page 2 Empty Re: Car rental from Antonio Regalado

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:22 am

It does need to have "commercial" insurance that allows for rental such as Budget, Alamo or any of the other major rental companies have.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:42 am

lunateak wrote:
bimini6 wrote:He is legit, (Antonio), he has a website, he has a facebook presence and I know of multiple friends who have rented from him.  I and others have also bought a used car from him.  He is honest, has great insurance on his rentals and gives excellent customer service.  Hope this is helpful.

Is the car insured in your name? That would be legitimate. Or are you his 'friend borrowing his car'? That would not be legitimate no matter your presence on FB nor how pretty your website.

"He is honest . . ." I don't think so.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:48 am

If the "automobile" is insured, isn't it insured.  Family and friends have driven my vehicle and it's insured.
Don't know what Vialidad would do if the driver of an accident involved vehicle would tell them...."I paid money to drive this vehicle". Might send them to jail. 

Someone driving my vehicle did fill the tank...once...LOL

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:00 am

Ah Contraire Canadian Bob:
My comment is based on years of experience NOB and having insured large fleets... Now I know that NOB is not the same as here, BUT what I know is that insurance companies are not your friend!

Borrowing a car is not the same as renting a car... If the insurance company finds out that money changed hands, I will bet that there would be no coverage...

My two pesos...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:09 am

Huh???? If you have a car rental company you need the corresponding insurance coverage that allows for rentals. Yes, there is such insurance. It is costly. This is different than business "fleet insurance" which allows "employees" to drive your vehicles.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:10 am

rvanparys wrote:

If the insurance company finds out that money changed hands, I will bet that there would be no coverage...

For these local "rentals", isn't that a pretty big "if", unless the driver is hell bent on big problems for both him and the "owner"?
Will the adjustor be giving lie detector tests?
The driver should be more concerned about, if he has a current and valid driver's license.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:13 am

Bottom line:
Insurance companies will keep to the letter of the contract... If it is a rental and one has private insurance there is no coverage...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:27 am

rvanparys wrote:Bottom line:
Insurance companies will keep to the letter of the contract... If it is a rental and one has private insurance there is no coverage...

Yeah but........

Maybe I'm in the weeds.

This "illegal" activity has been going on for as long as I can remember, and that's longer than I care to remember.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:15 pm

rvanparys wrote:Bottom line:

Absolutely correct. This is why you best say you are borrowing a friends car when using one of these local rental guys. I rented cars from Mark Turford for years and knew "the drill" if there ever was a situation.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:36 pm

So the take away from this conversation should be......if you rent from a small privateer you should clarify what needs to happen in the event of an accident.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:08 pm

The severity of an accident should be taken into account as well. If it is an injury accident or there is fatality everything gets ratcheted up a few notches. Payouts are higher, lawsuits abound, and lawyers pay special attention.

As said earliER, insurance ompanies are not your friends.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by rvanparys Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:32 pm

Muy Correcto Trailrunner...

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2