INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside

+3
Gamina
David
sm1mex
7 posters

Go down

Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside Empty Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside

Post by sm1mex Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:54 pm

Looking for a small kitchen fire extinguisher

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside Empty Re: Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside

Post by David Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Jara or Amutio, maybe even Walmart. BTW, do you have a small kitchen or are you expecting only small fires?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside Empty Re: Where to buy fire extinguisher at lakeside

Post by Gamina Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:11 pm

Buy two and put one in your car. I've had to use mine twice since living here. Once on my car and once on Saturday for some guy's pickup with a motor fire. Buy a good sized one, not a little one that will run out too quickly.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:49 am

I am looking for one to keep in the pantry just in case of skillet fire. I have never had one but you never know. Never pour water on a skillet grease fire, it will explode. Baking soda of extinguisher is better. Don't need a commercial size but just something in care of emergency. Will look at these places, also someone suggested Autozone.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:19 am

A handy box, or two, of Arm & Hammer baking soda will take care of a skillet fire.  The mess will be about the same with a fire extinguisher, which will deliver pretty much the same material, but at a higher cost.
That said; a larger, all purpose fire extinguisher will handle other types of fires, such as electrical or chemical, as well as your skillet. Read the label before buying.    http://www.fire-extinguisher101.com/
Once the fire is out, and probably your stove burner too, TURN OFF THE GAS.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:21 am

I would like to find a A,B,C extinguisher.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:23 am

Have you gone shopping yet? Rolling Eyes

You ask for: Extinctor de incendios.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:55 am

No I haven't but will write this down and take it with me. Gracias.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:32 pm

ABC extinguisher is the best because it works on all types of fires and is much more useful.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:42 am

You asked about buying at Lakeside. I looked everywhere several years ago and the only place I found one was at what was then called Ace hardware in Chapala. But it was past it's expiry data for checking and had very low pressure. I asked them where I could get it recharged and they didn't know. So of course I didn't buy it and still don't have one.
I'm sure you could by them in Guadalajara but where to get them recharged?

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 am

I would start here, with what turned up instantly with a Google search:

Recarga De Extintores Guadalajara Jalisco

Encuentra aquí Recarga De Extintores en Guadalajara Jalisco. ... (33)1984-4324 • Llama gratis. Categoria: Extinguidores, Sistemas Y Equipos Contra Incendios.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:48 am

Go talk to the bomberos! They will know how to recharge it, they might recharge their own and do it for you, and they may know where to buy or be able to get one for you.

They are very nice guys and very accommodating.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:23 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Go talk to the bomberos! They will know how to recharge it, they might recharge their own and do it for you, and they may know where to buy or be able to get one for you.

They are very nice guys and very accommodating.

Great idea, Trailrunner! Thank you!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:25 pm

If I ever had to use it, I don't think I would go into Guadalajara to have it refilled. Probably just get a new small one.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:25 pm

I bought one today at AutoZone.  They had a small one (not big enough for anything IMO) a medium sized one and a giant one (2 kg.).  They only had one of each size and I bought the medium one (1 kg.)  It was 328 pesos or some such.  Better to have it too big and use it twice than too small and not have enough contents to do any good.  BTW--Always store a fire extinguisher on it's side, never standing up.  If the contents settle to the bottom of the canister it becomes unusable.  Stored on it's side and shaken before use, it will last a lot longer than the expiration date.  I learned a lot about extinguishers, etc. in the CERT(certified emergency response team) class I took in the US.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:31 pm

Wow. Interesting fact about storing on the side. I'll check out Autozone and see when they will be getting in some more.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down