INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cycling

5 posters

Go down

Cycling Empty Cycling

Post by Tangoguy Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:23 pm

I'm a Snowbird down here in the Lakeside area for the winter. I'm 72 and looking for someone other cyclist that may be interested in cycling from the Lakeside turnoff to Mazametla. It's a long hill (20 or 30 kms). My lady friend will be driving my van with a bike rack on the back which will take us to the start point and from there she will follow us to Mazametla. Any Sunday would work for me.
Other than that ride I would be interested in meeting up with a group or person that would like to ride a few times a week commencing at the Racquet Club. Average speed about 25 kms per hour or better.

Tangoguy

Back to top Go down

Cycling Empty Re: Cycling

Post by gringomojado Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:21 pm

I have been riding my recumbent stationary since my Trek Madone got bike-jacked at pistol point!
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Where did that happen, GM?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:44 pm

Chicago, not Jalisco!
The head of the major Guatemalan cycling association just got hit and killed riding out on the highway. Young driver got charged with culpable homicide, seems he hit the cyclist for " kicks"
Back in the fifties a cyclist in Guate got hit and killed on a training ride because he kept winning despite warnings fro those who bet against him.
Both mentioned riders were riding alone. Good thing you envision group rides. Keep
together and don't "drop" riders, as there are some weird drivers on the roads who hit cyclists for sport.
There are a couple of associations in Guadalajara who have serious rider who welcome new members, many speak English, one used to ride to and around Chapala on Sunday mornings.
Ride safe, will look you all up when I get back.
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tangoguy Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:28 am

We have our share of bike haters in BC as well. Couple years ago a ranndo rider was shot and wounded while riding alone in the interior of BC. Never heard if they found the shooter. Seems the worst drivers are those in pick up trucks. I think they give out a free pick up truck to every grade school drop out.

Tangoguy.

Tangoguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:55 am

Welcome to the area, Tangoguy. Cyclists are bait for haters in CA where I used to ride too. Just practice the same precautions here as you did in BC and you'll probably be fine.

When on the cyclopista locally, be aware of what's coming up behind you - it could be anything! Riding on the south shore is dicey, very little space and no room for an oops. If you want to ride up to Mazamitla don't do it on a weekend and when passing through San Luis Soyatlan it would be safer and prettier to detour from the congested carretera down to the lake shore and then go back up to the carretera when that road ends at the water treatment plant.

I was a fat tire rider and if you have a mt bike, there are dirt roads and paths all around the lake that would be really nice to ride. They come and go but they exist for the locals on bikes and fish camps etc.

Have fun, be safe and probably best not to do those rides alone.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pogo Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:16 am

Rumor has it that the Tangoguy has been here before and that he really knows the ropes of riding around Lakeside. And wait until you see him dance! He didn’t get that name for nothing. Oh my! Lock up your ladies.

hola

Pogo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:17 am

I think he wants to start his ride at Tuxcueca. "cycling from the lakeside turnoff to Mazamitla", so San Luis S, wouldn't be a problem.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:14 pm

Tangoguy wrote:We have our share of bike haters in BC as well. Couple years ago a ranndo rider was shot and wounded while riding alone in the interior of BC. Never heard if they found the shooter. Seems the worst drivers are those in pick up trucks. I think they give out a free pick up truck to every grade school drop out.

Tangoguy.

Perp in Guatemala last week was in a pickup or as they say there, "picop"

gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down