INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me?

+4
Flamingo
Jim W
sparks
slopy
8 posters

Go down

USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me? Empty USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me?

Post by sm1mex Fri May 08, 2015 3:55 pm

If I had an uncle that was a military vet, would I qualify for a USSA bank account. He was my mothers brother and in the Army for 22 years. He has since passed. Does an uncle qualify as being a family member?

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me? Empty Re: USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me?

Post by slopy Fri May 08, 2015 4:18 pm

I was just at the website. It has to be nuclear family. Like parents, siblings, children. You can double check by googling, but I believe that was it.

slopy

Back to top Go down

USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me? Empty Re: USSA Bank-having an Uncle, would this quality me?

Post by Flamingo Fri May 08, 2015 4:23 pm

If you are talking about USAA, I don't believe so.

According to the company, the following people are eligible for USAA membership:
   Active, retired and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Military
   Cadets and midshipmen at U.S. service academies, in advanced ROTC or on ROTC scholarship, plus officer candidates within 24 months of commissioning
   Individuals whose parents have or had USAA auto or property insurance
   Former USAA members who had auto or property insurance
   Widows, widowers and un-remarried former spouses of USAA members who had USAA auto or property insurance while married

According to Wikipedia, USAA offered limited membership to the general public for a few years but this is been discontinued. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USAA
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri May 08, 2015 4:52 pm

Well that pretty well sums it up. Thanks.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Fri May 08, 2015 5:07 pm

Anyone know the benefits for expats
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri May 08, 2015 5:16 pm

My Father and son served WWII, and Iraq. I served 10 years in National Guard, (6 years active standby Viet Nam) and do not qualify.

We ended up with Geico.........Saved a bunch of money anyway. Homeowners......and auto. Auto for $750.00 year full coverage on 2011 and 2013 Ford Escape combined, annually.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Fri May 08, 2015 10:01 pm

sparks wrote:Anyone know the benefits for expats

Not specifically for expats - more for military personal - USAA Bank has 800 numbers that are free and work from Mexico. They are the most helpful, cooperative bank I have ever dealt with. Example: lost or stolen credit cards are sent FedEx and received in a couple of days. And they refund ATM charges.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sat May 09, 2015 8:31 am

Too bad it is not for non military. They would have a lot of depositors.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sat May 09, 2015 12:35 pm

USAA began in the late 1940s, when it was almost impossible for young officers, especially pilots, to get insurance of any kind. So, a group of them formed the US Automobile Association, USAA to insure themselves. It grew rapidly and was only for officers for most of its life. It now offers insurance, mortgages, banking online, buying services, mutual funds, annuities, etc, etc, and is a very highly rated organization. In recent years, it has enrolled some enlisted ranks and has experimented with others as members. If you are/were not active military of an eligible status, or the immediate family of one, as described in another post, you may not be eligible. If you are eligible, you are fortunate to have such an organization available to you, as attested to by Flamingo above.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunyan Sat May 09, 2015 2:35 pm

Since we were so deeply entrenched with other services by the time we became eligible when they accepted enlisted personnel in 2008, the only service we use is their auto insurance. The big advantage with USAA auto insurance is they allow you to put your vehicles in a parked status when they are not being used - as in when one is deployed. We travel to the States twice a year and keep a car up there to use when we're there. Putting the vehicles in a 'parked' status while we're in Mexico saves a lot of money.

Bunyan

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun May 10, 2015 2:07 pm

This 'parked' status is available with most insurers. It is sometimes called 'storage'. It basically is Comprehensive Only coverage.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down