INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

+29
Trailrunner
windrider17
itsme
brigitte
espíritu del lago
metiche
kipissippi
SunFan
gobluejohn
suegarn
gringal
CanuckBob
Lady Otter Latté
newinajijic
dcampbell757
hickton
Jim W
viajero
Bunyan
zenwoodle
Intercasa
solajijic
slainte39
RVGRINGO
Ms.Thang
Rosa Venus
artsnob
SunshineyDay
borderreiver
33 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? - Page 7 Empty Re: New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:12 pm

Trailrunner wrote:

And the whole thing is illegal anyway, right? Has been from the git-go, right? So. . . who in their right mind would pump a lot of pesos into a scenario like that? Viva Mexico.

You can obtain special permission for construction activity in the Federal Zone, but it is a slippery slope in the grey area. If every i isn't dotted or t crossed, you can be had.  Not a place to go for the faint-hearted.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? - Page 7 Empty Re: New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic?

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:21 pm

Hah! Or the peso limitado.

The thing about Mexico is - if you let it, it can kick yo' ass. If you let it, is the operative phrase here.

I met a man about a year ago who gave that meat guy 100,000 DOLLARS. As an investment. Not the sausage guy, he's another story, but the meat guy. When he was asked for payments or refund on his investment the meat guy said "Oh no, I can't give you any money, I need it to run my business!" Wachagonnado?

He probably retired, he got 100,000 dollars, why should he work!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hah! Or the peso limitado.

The thing about Mexico is - if you let it, it can kick yo' ass. If you let it, is the operative phrase here.

I met a man about a year ago who gave that meat guy 100,000 DOLLARS. As an investment. Not the sausage guy, he's another story, but the meat guy. When he was asked for payments or refund on his investment the meat guy said "Oh no, I can't give you any money, I need it to run my business!" Wachagonnado?

He probably retired, he got 100,000 dollars, why should he work!

Which meat guy? I only heard about a sausage con. pirat

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:30 pm

Yeah, I never heard about any meat guy.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:51 pm

No? Good. And I'm not willing to go any further. The people involved, except the meat guy, are nice people and I don't know if they read this board or not.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:06 pm

I can't believe anyone hasn't heard about the meat scam.  It was the talk of the town and he hit on a lot of people.  They invested USD and if they got anything back, it was devalued pesos at the exchange rate at the time of investment.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:22 pm

How far back was this? It is not ringing any bells with me.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:24 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:How far back was this? It is not ringing any bells with me.

Yeah, it's  been a while if TR and I are talking about the same incident.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:07 am

slainte39 wrote:I can't believe anyone hasn't heard about the meat scam.  It was the talk of the town and he hit on a lot of people.  They invested USD and if they got anything back, it was devalued pesos at the exchange rate at the time of investment.
Details?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:02 am

Without naming names, I only knew one person well that told me they were involved in this, but heard there were others, so don't know all the details other than what I stated.
The subject did approach me with his proposition, but I declined.  The person I knew (and she knew many people) that got involved made sure everyone she knew was informed of her loss, so my statement that it was well publicized.  We are talking about something that happened at least 10, maybe 15 years ago, so that's why it isn't common knowledge with a lot of people posting now on  this board.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:38 pm

These 2 incidents are different, slainte. The one I was talking about happened over the last couple/3 years.

Tho I was here 10 years ago, I don't remember hearing anything like this then.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by artsnob Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 am

Whatever happened to the sausage guy, was he deported, or is he vacationing in Trump Tower Panama

artsnob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:11 am

So, are you people telling us there is a long-time-ago meat guy, a more recent meat guy plus a sausage guy? And they were all swindlers? Geez, this place is a Peyton Place of pork.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:11 pm

.....and then there was the "carnitas guy".... lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineyDay Fri May 06, 2016 6:04 pm

So did this place ever open?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Nope!!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BILLBOGEY Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Hi Folks,
I just read all 7 pages of this topic. How about a current picture of the building or what is left. Any news on putting something there? Thanks, BB

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:17 pm

The municipality will not grant a business license since they consider this building to be illegal. Nothing has changed. It will sit there vacant until:

A) Someone gets paid off to grant a license.

B) It rots away 20 years from now.

C) Someone tears it down.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:55 am

I was in Ajijic a couple of weeks ago and got my first look at the "remodel." I did not think this could be possible but it actually looks uglier and more tacky than it did before. What a blight on the lakescape. It is a civic disgrace.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:29 am

BILLBOGEY wrote:Hi Folks,
I just read all 7 pages of this topic.  How about a current picture of the building or what is left.  Any news on putting something there?  Thanks, BB

Picture: Big rectangular building built on pier at lake. Just plain ugly. Even uglier than the one before the "remodeling".
Question: Why in hell didn't they get their permit BEFORE attempting the project? Were they mistakenly counting on "persuasion" getting them legal? Meh. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:50 am

There are a couple of workers doing something there today. With the municipal election two weeks away the coincidence seems uncanny.....

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:39 am

Now it looks like they are pushing for a food court. This sign is now hanging on it.

New restuarant in the old Tequila Republic? - Page 7 Img_2010

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:55 am

Not a bad idea! The food court at the Laguna Mall certainly works and the ambience at the pier is far more inviting.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:01 am

Cafeteria? I see Viajero’s post. Wish he’d reappear. I hope all is well with him. Wonder what happened with his neighbor who was the dog hoarder?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:14 pm

I saw the big brown sign on the building and wondered whether they were trying to get something going with 12 places indoors.
The question is; if it's illegal in the first place and the last people who did the most recent work on it couldn't get permission to open, what is different this time around??

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:26 pm

the difference is as always, Who, What, When, Why, Where and How Much.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next