INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

good restaurant .... bad news

5 posters

Go down

good restaurant .... bad news  Empty good restaurant .... bad news

Post by gravy Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Just Chillin' is a quirky new restaurant on the west end of Ajijic. It is owned by three enterprising young Mexicans Juan Carlo, his wife Rene' and her sister Paulina. The restaurant opened several months ago and was an instant hit. The food is good, the prices are some of the best in town and they are all super friendly. Just Chillin' has found the recipe for success.

In the early hours of Tuesday morning, the restaurant was robbed and vandalized. I went there late Tuesday and saw the destruction first hand. The place was destroyed. All the food from the fridge and liquor was stolen, cabinet doors were ripped from their hinges, everything was turned upside down and huge piles of papers, bottles, decorations were piled on the floor. They even destroyed the blow-up penguin which is their trademark. This is devastating to the owners as you can imagine.

The worst part is it is the work of a competing restaurant. The owners have received threats like "get out of town, you don't belong here" and "you are stealing business from our restaurant". These threats began shortly after their opening but it has been quiet for a couple months. Just this weekend LCS asked Juan Carlos to manage the snack bar. This may have been the tipping point and the competing restaurant or restaurants took this cowardly action. Instead of raising their own standards, the perpetrators decided to try and destroy the competition.

I, for one will support this restaurant even more and show the criminals that this tactic doesn't work, if anything it will backfire on them. I hope everyone will support Just Chillin' and let them know the local community is behind them. These young entrepreneurs don't deserve anything but love and support.

gravy
gravy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

good restaurant .... bad news  Empty Re: good restaurant .... bad news

Post by CalgaryBoy Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:50 am

I am so sorry to hear this. It had become one of my favourite restaurants. I hope they are able to recover and I will support them even more. I also hope the name of the competing restaurant becomes public.

CalgaryBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiness Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:32 pm

A lot of cars in the parking lot today as we drove by - looks like they are open again!

Guiness
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:06 am

We went there yesterday and enjoyed ourselves immensely.  We had been meaning to go even before the "trouble" but this just gave us extra incentive to offer our little bit of support.  We sat beside the penguin.
The hosts/hostesses were delightful. Always smiling and one of the sisters stopped to chat and welcome us even though they were quite busy.  We even liked the music, a combination of country and blues.  The place has a young, hip vibe.
DH had fettuccine alfredo and I had tacos cancino (sp?).  The food was great, nicely presented and reasonably priced.  
I often am reluctant to try a white wine at the more casual establishments as it is often a disappointment. Not that I'm all that hoity-toity, but I do like a nice glass of wine. They served a nice wine and at $20p and a generous portion, it was a pleasant surprise.  We got hugs all around when we left.
We will definitely be back with family in tow.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:57 pm

nice review ....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CalgaryBoy Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:07 pm

I am glad to see they have rebounded and are back open. I will make it a point of supporting them more then I normally would in the future

CalgaryBoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down