INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja?

3 posters

Go down

Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja? Empty Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja?

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:07 pm

I received a link for this on Facebook, but wonder if it's legit considering I haven't seen anything on the Cruz Roja website (where people can donate online directly) or elsewhere. Also seems strange that a fundraiser for Chapala Cruz Roja would be based out of Laredo, TX. Comments?

http://www.gofundme.com/f3xfzs

hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja? Empty Re: Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja?

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:46 pm

You are correct, under DR. Sams face on facebook. Sent him an email.
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja? Empty Re: Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja?

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:27 pm

Is the Facebook site for him owned by Dr. Sam, or someone using his ID to feed this funding project? I'm confused. Thanks for contacting him... just want to be sure this isn't a scam, or get it shut down if it is. Smells as fishy as that guy you're kissing, but maybe I'm wrong.

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:51 pm

Heather, Just talked to Dr. Sam. Facebook/Cruz Roja request for funding is not a hoax. Dr. Sam is being creative in attempts to increase funding for Cruz Roja
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:53 pm

hkrause wrote:Is the Facebook site for him owned by Dr. Sam, or someone using his ID to feed this funding project? I'm confused. Thanks for contacting him... just want to be sure this isn't a scam, or get it shut down if it is. Smells as fishy as that guy you're kissing, but maybe I'm wrong.

Heather

Is This Legit? GoFundMe site for Cruz Roja? 851398
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hkrause Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Thanks, Jim. I also heard the same from another Cruz Roja person, so it's apparently absolutely fine. Better safe than sorry, but no problem!! The fundraiser and Facebook page are both put up by Dr. Thelin.

If anybody else had the same questions, feel free to contribute!

Heather
hkrause
hkrause
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:40 pm

The fundraiser is legit. I am not the person to say how bad it is (as in give exact figures), but there is a real problem. This fundraiser is in hopes of getting the Cruz Roja out of the problem. There will still be the regular ones to keep it going.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Sam Thelin Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:58 pm

hkrause wrote:I received a link for this on Facebook, but wonder if it's legit considering I haven't seen anything on the Cruz Roja website (where people can donate online directly) or elsewhere. Also seems strange that a fundraiser for Chapala Cruz Roja would be based out of Laredo, TX. Comments?

http://www.gofundme.com/f3xfzs

The actual Cruz Roja website is not up-to-date date on some things, and I am not sure who can update it at this moment (it is not my area).

GoFundMe does not work with the Mexican financial system. It does work in the USA. Laredo is the address for the Cruz Roja International Volunteers Chapala. It is the US-based 501 (c) (3) charity that allows US and Canadian donations to be tax deductible, and in turn help support the Cruz Roja Chapala.

The Facebook publication makes the fundraiser spread to more potential donors. However, you can still donate directly through http://www.cruzrojachapala.com/helpus.htm which is actually better because GoFundMe will not get their 4% of the donations that way.

Dr. Sam Thelin
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down