INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's brewing in your teacup? Pesticides

3 posters

Go down

What's brewing in your teacup?  Pesticides Empty What's brewing in your teacup? Pesticides

Post by Frijoles Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:14 am

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/pesticide-traces-in-some-tea-exceed-allowable-limits-1.2564624
Frijoles
Frijoles
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What's brewing in your teacup?  Pesticides Empty Re: What's brewing in your teacup? Pesticides

Post by coffeeguy Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:12 pm

This is pointless scare-mongering - especially in a web forum in a third-world, coffee-drinking (and producing) country whose only tea consumption is chamomile and spearmint!

I've worked in the coffee and tea business for 30 years and without a doubt there are issues with pesticides, as there are in all agricultural crops, but you also have to bear in mind that the minute concentrations detected in dry tea leaf in these studies are diluted exponentially through the addition of large amounts of boiling water, and that, as the studies referenced point out, you'd have to drink 75+ cups of tea a day to even begin to have issues.

We don't live in a risk-free world - as should be especially self-evident to anyone living in México. Really think twice about posting this kind of stuff, please.

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What's brewing in your teacup?  Pesticides Empty Re: What's brewing in your teacup? Pesticides

Post by coffeeguy Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:15 pm

And as a P.S.: if you do drink tea, as I do, I suggest ordering full leaf real tea (not tea bags, which are made from the dust leftover from real tea) from good farms with proper labor and agricultural practices, via a good mail order company such as Upton Tea (.com).

Tetley, featured in the pesticide report, should be avoided for much more serious reasons than pesticide fears: http://www.theguardian.com/global-development/video/2014/mar/01/tetley-tea-maids-real-price-cup-tea-video

coffeeguy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:45 pm

Kevin:

An interesting and revealing report about Tata Beverages! However, as a former six year resident of India, nothing surprises me! Those who point out the technology advances made in India as progress are viewing through rose colored glasses. Mexico is a minor league player when it comes to both corporate and governmental corruption when compared to India. This is a cultural thing and won't be changing anytime soon. The fact that Starbucks is in bed with them turns my stomach and changes my attitude in spending any money at Starbucks!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down