INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car

+10
halcon
Talosian
CheenaGringo
Vandre
joec
sparks
Intercasa
David
E-raq
papa chango
14 posters

Go down

Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car Empty Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car

Post by papa chango Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:09 pm

A friend of mine who has a blog in Mexico has just posted on his blog the results of his visit to an INM office today. He is reporting that foreign plated cars that are already here will be okay if you have a permanent visa. Here is the link:

http://vivaveracruz.ranchocalypso.com/blog/

mariachi
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car Empty Re: Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car

Post by E-raq Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:39 pm

papa chango wrote:A friend of mine who has a blog in Mexico has just posted on his blog the results of his visit to an INM office today. He is reporting that foreign plated cars that are already here will be okay if you have a permanent visa. Here is the link:

http://vivaveracruz.ranchocalypso.com/blog/

mariachi

That's what I've been hearing too. Great news, I don't want to give up my 18 year old baby.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car Empty Re: Resedente Permanente visa holders may keep foreign plated car

Post by David Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:45 pm

I'd sure like to see something from Aduana on this. It's not in INM's perview. I highly doubt this is true but sincerely hope that it is!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:10 pm

Aduana makes the rules not INM and his statement that nobody has received new cards anywhere in Mexico isn't true unless the statement refers to the permanente, we have had about 12 people get their temporal cards.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:23 pm

David wrote:I'd sure like to see something from Aduana on this. It's not in INM's perview. I highly doubt this is true but sincerely hope that it is!

What David said !!
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:34 pm

Intercasa wrote:Aduana makes the rules not INM and his statement that nobody has received new cards anywhere in Mexico isn't true unless the statement refers to the permanente, we have had about 12 people get their temporal cards.

How long is it taking to get Resident Permanente cards?

Is it true once you get a Resident Permanente card that you have to Mexican plate your car right away or is there a time frame?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:44 pm

I tend to agree with David that it's an Aduana issue not an INM issue, however let's say it's factual, the next question would be -- does a Permanent Visa holding person need to still have a Semi-annual letter signed off by Aduana (in the car)? Or, preferably, would Aduana records of the car reflect the Permanent Visa holder/importers status was Legal Ad-Infinitum, and not abscond with your $400+ deposit? .....AND, and, would the transitos Understand(care) that if you show them a Valid Permanent Visa (+ original import docs), that there is no question that the car is LEGAL (whatever the date of import reads)? Therein lies the vagaries of Mexico

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:58 pm

One post on mexconnet from someone in Mazatlan said they got a letter from Aduana that said the expiration date of their TIP was "Indefinada." I hope it's true!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Aduana usually takes two to three months to issue letters from Mexico City if they respond at all so I am doubtful about people getting letters in a few weeks.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:29 pm

This was from Aduana in Mztln.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 pm

All correspondence regarding permits and issues come out of the national office in Mexico City, we present papers to aduana in Guadalajara but all the official responses including cancellations and corrections and the letters with the extensions have always come from Mexico City, I don't think the Mazatlan regional office has the authority.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:41 pm

Just saying what I read. The letter I got came from Aduana in Nogales, where my TIP was issued. Have they changed to DFE for all letters for validity of TIPs?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Not to be picky but "Indefinida" translates as indefinite which has a very open ended meaning depending on what one wants to hear. If Aduana did actually provide a letter, it may have been a CYA attempt and open to a term defined by any new regs?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Exactly! Could be like "unknown!"
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Talosian Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Momentary digression.

David (from another David).

I know the pic isn't you because it's actually a (sort of) friend of mine I first met at a party in the early 70s.

When I was introduced to him, I asked in all seriousness: "Where do you teach?"

On point of the post: I think nothing means anything until two things happen.

1) Official word on "letterhead" from the agencies charged with enforcement, and

2) Seeing how the interpretation will actually be implemented on the streets.

Talosian
Talosian
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : All over the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:24 pm

I met Professor Irwin Corey at the Playboy Club in Chicago in 1967, I aways enjoyed the "World's Foremost Authority."
Concerning the car issue, you're correct: We know nothing until Aduana publishes the new rules. Until then it's all idle speculation.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by halcon Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:36 pm

i think my car has "idle speculation". can that be fixed ?
halcon
halcon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : if it's funny,i laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:51 pm

David wrote:I met Professor Irwin Corey at the Playboy Club in Chicago in 1967, I aways enjoyed the "World's Foremost Authority."
Concerning the car issue, you're correct: We know nothing until Aduana publishes the new rules. Until then it's all idle speculation.

I loved Corey. Is he still alive? I continue to morf into his persona as I age.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:28 pm

How high is a mouse when it spins?
Although the moon is but one eigth the diameter of the earth, it's still further away.
How many pancakes does it take to shingle a doghouse?
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by angela04101 Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:31 pm

And then there's this:

http://www.tiocorpinsurance.com/index.cfm/driving-in-mexico/other-vehicles-you-can-import-in-2013/

angela04101

Back to top Go down

Post by Flamingo Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Before I trusted TioCorp, I would see what the Aduana says. I think a few companies are taking advantage of nervous expats.
Flamingo
Flamingo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:59 pm

Aduana has said nothing. When it does, Spencer will know.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:20 pm

David, I have heard so many theories or rumors stated as fact from so many individuals, that like you, I shall wait for someone like Spencer to let us know when the laws have actually changed.

Me, I applied for a "Permanente last Dec 7th and of course am still waiting for approval. (I had to turn in 12 months worth of financial statements, which luckily were already in Spanish.)

My car here in Mexico is so banged up and old that it is not worth converting, should that be necessary. All I know is that there are a lot of Mexicans driving with older cars like mine with US plates who simply pay mordida upon occasion and continue driving said US plated cars.

So as the rules change, I will continue to drive this great old car until I have to give it up. Or it is finally time to buy another car.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down