INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telecable TV out in upper Ajijic

4 posters

Go down

Telecable TV out in upper Ajijic Empty Telecable TV out in upper Ajijic

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:14 pm

At 1:30 I tried my Telecable and could get no analog or digital TV. Are any of you having any problems?

Thanks
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Telecable TV out in upper Ajijic Empty Re: Telecable TV out in upper Ajijic

Post by hound dog Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:21 pm

I didn´t think they had TV in Upper Ajijic. In Lower Ajijic there is no problem with Telecable (except Telecable itself which is another issue) so if you are interested in some sequential telenovela episode you may miss, come on down to the slums to watch at Dawg´s humble abode but bring your own beer.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:24 pm

Pete:

That is a new part of the "Green Plan" for your neighborhood! I guess you didn't read the memo?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:46 pm

You guys are the greatest. :) It's truly fun here. Sadly you also missed a post that had to be deleted. It was funny too :)

Apparently several folks on TOB must also be on the Green Plan, as they have lost their cable as well. Yet I just phoned a friend in San Antonio, and he has cable. Oh well. It's not my only source of TV.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:41 pm

Telecable is up and running today in my part of upper Ajijic.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:47 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Telecable is up and running today in my part of upper Ajijic.

You must be a TV freak. Why would you want Telecable when you have an Antenna farm up there?

What Satellite systems do you get?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:42 pm

In the olden days, C-band was the answer, then came Star Choice followed US Dish Network, today we also have US DirecTV as a viable alternative

Today, there is almost nothing on C-Band, Star Choice is not bad, it has maybe 70 to 90 HD channels, but US DISH Network has changed satellites and now its great for old fashioned standard definition TV but most of the great HD channels are on a satellite no longer viewable in our area. So it's gone way down on the desirability list. (I returned my Dish receivers to DISH Network several years ago, right after they changed satellites.)

Today if you are from the US and like HDTV, the most desirable system is US DirecTV. There must be several hundred HD channels available, as apposed to maybe 10 to 15 on DISH USA this for south. If from Canada you would most likely choose Shaw Direct with their many HD channels

So what systems do I have? I have Shaw Direct for my hometown networks of Seattle in HD and Vancouver plus up to about 80 other interesting HD channels. (I have a small package) I have digital Telecable for both the security guard casita and for me to watch good movies in HD in Spanish, and US DirecTV for hundreds of other US HD channels (most not available down here via any other satellite system.)

If I could have only one system, my last choice would be C band, second to last US DISH TV unless I only had small TVs and HD wasn't important and my first choice would be either Shaw Direct if I were from Canada or DirecTV if I were from the US.

Where would I place Telecable? Well if I were trying t watch my budget, I guess that would be one of my first choices. I would also rate it high on the list, if I were trying to learn Spanish. (I'm trying to get better at Spanish)
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:49 pm

I would like to have $1USD for everytime that I have read Pete's TV story. Maybe I would have enough money to fully retire?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down