INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want to buy used guitar...

+4
Tony_In_Mexico
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
CanuckBob
CharlieG
8 posters

Go down

Want to buy used guitar... Empty Want to buy used guitar...

Post by CharlieG Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:56 am

I've got a bug to learn how to play guitar and am looking for a good used one to get started with. Prefer a used acoustic guitar, good quality and in good shape...probably something that would have sold new in the $300 to $400 range.

If anyone has one they no longer need please PM me with Make, Model, Asking Price and contact info. Thanks...

CharlieG

Back to top Go down

Want to buy used guitar... Empty Re: Want to buy used guitar...

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:16 pm

If you have the time you should go to Paracho and get a good quality hand built guitar for about $250.00 USD. They are beautiful and sold all over the world for many times more. It is about 3 1/2 hours from here. I am thinking of taking a trip there again between Xmas and New years.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:17 pm

if you dont find one you could always go into guad for one. If you need a hand finding a good one let me know, i also repair and build them so i could always make a half decent guitar play better. I also teach if you want a couple lessons.
Trevor
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:21 pm

I want some lessons Trevor. Let's get something going on that after Xmas.

BTW......I picked you up a feeler guage at Autozone.

Bob
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:59 am

I believe I'm also in the market to buy and learn to play the guitar. I tried this once about 15 years ago, but it didn't take. Now I have nothing but time. I'd also be interested in taking harmonica lessons if anyone knows anyone.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:10 am

CanuckBob wrote:If you have the time you should go to Paracho and get a good quality hand built guitar for about $250.00 USD. They are beautiful and sold all over the world for many times more. It is about 3 1/2 hours from here. I am thinking of taking a trip there again between Xmas and New years.

Those are pretty good. My husband bought one in Morelia a few years back. He knows guitars, having played with Charlie Watts in England while he was at school. There is a market there near the conservatory where they sell them.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CharlieG Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks for the input guys. I did a little research on the guitars from Parocho and decided to buy a new one from an online store in Quiroga that will ship it to me. Here is a bit of the correspondence I had with the owner of the business...

RESPUESTA: Tenemos un buen modelo, que se pasaría un poco de su presupuesto, pero se lo recomiendo ampliamente porque es pieza única fabricada por uno de los lauderos que ha sido galardonado en el Concurso Anual de la Guitarra de Paracho.

Es el del siguiente link:

http://www.guitarrasdeparachomichoacan.com/index.php/79/21/guitarras-especiales-para-conocedores/guitarra-de-corazon-de-paloescrito-modelo-dgc2-detail

La guitarra se la mandaríamos con funda afelpada y con un juego de cuerdas. Como usted puede ver, el precio es de $ 5,495 a los que añadiríamos $ 350, total $ 5,845 que incluyen empaque, reja de madera, flete y seguro contra daños en el envío, siempre y cuando sean reportados dentro de las 24 horas siguientes a que usted la reciba. La enviamos por Estafeta. Tarda en llegar de 3 a 4 días a su domicilio. Tiene garantía de fábrica por un mes contra defectos de fabricación.

A little pricey but I've never had much luck starting a new project with cheap equipment. Should get it next week. I'm gonna consider it a Xmas present to myself :-).

Trevor...I may well be interested in some lessons. I'll contact you.

CharlieG

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:36 pm

just let me know when you want lessons everyone. How much for the feeler gauge Bob, and when is a good time to come pick it up, thanks sooo much.
Trevor
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Many Paracho guitars are good. I have 2 plus a mando from there in my collection. I have 2 old Gibsons and 3 Epiphones,
I bought one in front of the cathedral one night in Guad from a street vendor. San Juan de Dios also has them, but beware of Chinese imitations!

Paracho is an easy drive talleres line both sides of the highway in town. You are right near Patzcuaro, Paracutin and Urupan, and close to Morelia too. If you eat in Urupan, chicken in mole is the specialty, and of course, guacamole.

Buy a piece of history, and buy it in Paracho, you won't regret it!

gm
There is every price range and most styles in Paracho. For the price, get a nylon stringed (gut string) and steel string acoustic
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:32 am

gringomojado wrote: If you eat in Urupan, chicken in mole is the specialty, and of course, guacamole.

When I lived in Uruapan, the specialty was carnitas, carnitas, carnitas, only challenged by Quiroga. But that was 30 years ago and maybe the younger generation don't think carnitas are healthy eating.
I wonder if they still have the talented artists that turned out the beautiful lacquered wood pieces.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:07 am

Trevor "poncho" Armstrong wrote:just let me know when you want lessons everyone. How much for the feeler gauge Bob, and when is a good time to come pick it up, thanks sooo much.

The feeler guage was 99 pesos. I'll call you later to arrange the meet.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:31 am

slainte39: "I wonder if they still have the talented artists that turned out the beautiful lacquered wood pieces."

While we have only visited Uruapan very briefly, they apparently still do produce the beautiful lacquered wood pieces as we saw numerous examples at the Casa de las Artisanias in Morelia. They were all labeled Uruapan.

They may have decided to conceed the reputation for carnitas to Quiroga where one has no doubt:
[img]Want to buy used guitar... Dscn0710[/img]

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringomojado Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:58 pm

Cheena,Did you go to the beautiful National Park?
gm
gringomojado
gringomojado
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:10 pm

Parque Eduardo Ruiz, unless they've changed the name. Along aside it sets the beautiful old Hotel Cupatitzio...also the name of the little river that sources in the park from a multitude of ojos de agua.
One of Mexico's most beautiful natural settings.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:19 am

gm:

I regret to say that we haven't had the opportunity as yet. Our one brief visit was unintended since we had missed a turn on our way to Patzcuaro and we were running short of daylight back in 2008.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down