INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

+21
Ezzie
brigitte
CanuckBob
Chapalagringa
mattoleriver
hockables
solajijic
Hensley
Carry Bean
sparks
ferret
viajero
elehne1
SunFan
E-raq
gringal
CheenaGringo
Rosa Venus
Tony_In_Mexico
wheels
joec
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? Empty Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:55 am

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool for this time of year? I cannot get a good radar site for Mexico. Weather.com changed theirs so you cannot see the storms off the coast.

Does anyone know of a good site?

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? Empty Re: Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

Post by wheels Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 am

go to http://weather.yahoo.com/mexico/jalisco/chapala-115648/
at the bottom of the screen you can see the storm coming from the Pacific.

More rain for sure

wheels

Back to top Go down

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? Empty Re: Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool?

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:22 am

I thought it was supposed to be getting cooler.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 am

I am FREEZING. Is this what it's like to live in Canada? Shocked
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:25 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I am FREEZING. Is this what it's like to live in Canada? Shocked

MUCH, MUCH colder there; TORONTO - Brrrrr.....
Today----Hi--39----Lo--28

Tomorrow-Hi--37--Low--26

Tuesday--Hi---41--Low--33

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:30 am

Here it is November 4th (3 days past our cutoff date) and I am still wearing shorts while getting the garden ready for winter! To be fair, that will all change next Saturday when the 70 degree temps end and predictions of wind, rain or snow start.

OH by the way, our house sits just below 6000'.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:38 am

The Canadians are still wearing short sleeve shirts and shorts here. I put on my long sleeve yesterday.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:47 am

Cold? THIS is cold? Where are you from?

This is still cotton clothes weather. Wait until January. Then hit the beach.

Meanwhile, there's a lady who sells wool ponchos (for guys or gals) and soft fleecy ruanas (sort of a stole, but works better) right on the Ajijic plaza. The latter are washable. Reasonable prices.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:48 am

Rosa Venus wrote:I am FREEZING. Is this what it's like to live in Canada? Shocked

Nooooo, this is shorts weather in Canada.

This should not come as a surprise BTW. It is November after all.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:50 am

joec wrote:

MUCH, MUCH colder there; TORONTO - Brrrrr.....
Today----Hi--39----Lo--28

Tomorrow-Hi--37--Low--26

Tuesday--Hi---41--Low--33

Quite balmy for this time of year. Wait till January..........Toronto will be in a total deep freeze by then.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:14 pm

No. That's what it's like to live in Ohio!

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by elehne1 Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:18 pm

joec wrote:Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool for this time of year? I cannot get a good radar site for Mexico. Weather.com changed theirs so you cannot see the storms off the coast.

Does anyone know of a good site?

We use www.wunderground.com to check the weather, shows satellite images.

elehne1
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:46 pm

It's all relative,I was working on a house in Deer Valley Utah one day when the high temp was zero degrees Farenheit,I mentioned the cold to my Soviet Armenian marble contractor,he laughed and said "this no cold"I said you gotta be kidding,he replied "two years Soviet army in Siberia,that was cold"
Tapatios are all bundled up today.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 pm

It doesn't matter what the temperature is OUTSIDE in Canada, inside it's toasty and warm. We have this new fangled stuff called INSULATION and DOUBLE THERMAL PANE WINDOWS and INSULATED DOORS and WEATHERSTRIPPING. Duh!
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:35 pm

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? Two_epac

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/index.shtml?epac

Why has it been so unusually cloudy and cool? Ep201290_sat

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/76653.html?bannertypeclick=htmlSticker
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:36 pm

ferret wrote:It doesn't matter what the temperature is OUTSIDE in Canada, inside it's toasty and warm. We have this new fangled stuff called INSULATION and DOUBLE THERMAL PANE WINDOWS and INSULATED DOORS and WEATHERSTRIPPING. Duh!

And heating bills. Very Happy

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:57 pm

'tis true Carry Bean, there are heating bills but they are a whole lot less if the stuff I mentioned is in use. A high efficiency natural gas furnace will also drop your heating bills. Oh, and did I mentioned the credits that you get for being energy efficient?
Still, we don't want to live in a cold climate anymore...but I can tell you that I found San Miguel colder in the winter than Canada...because it was the same temperature inside as outside due to all the spaces around the windows and doors. Froze my butt off the first Christmas we were there.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:03 pm

Heating here, we just gave the new ventless fire logs a workout, finally. TOASTY!!!!! You can't leave them on for too long, it actually gets too hot.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:14 pm

We are freezing also but have thin blood since we are from AZ.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:50 pm

This Ohioan called the husband outside yesterday to feel the autumn nip in the air and smell the wood burning. Today we have a fire and soup. The sweaters and jeans have been brought out from the back of the closet.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by E-raq Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:04 pm

solajijic wrote:This Ohioan called the husband outside yesterday to feel the autumn nip in the air and smell the wood burning. Today we have a fire and soup. The sweaters and jeans have been brought out from the back of the closet.

Ditto. Canucks here.
E-raq
E-raq
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony_In_Mexico Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:48 pm

SunFan wrote:No. That's what it's like to live in Ohio!

Too right. Dark and cold, that's Ohio in the winter. What a miserable place. That's not even taking into consideration the ice storms. Argh. I do not miss Ohio in the winter.

Tony_In_Mexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Consistantly misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm

My neighbor asked if my washing machine could do jackets because it's been in the low 70's here. They put all the 'heavy clothing' in storage for the year and her washer does not have a spin cycle. This week when the sun comes out we will wash the family's winter clothing

Last edited by sparks on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by joec Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:13 pm

Carry Bean wrote:
ferret wrote:It doesn't matter what the temperature is OUTSIDE in Canada, inside it's toasty and warm. We have this new fangled stuff called INSULATION and DOUBLE THERMAL PANE WINDOWS and INSULATED DOORS and WEATHERSTRIPPING. Duh!

And heating bills. Very Happy

And I wonder what the price per gallon of home heating oil is? Are they gouging like on gasoline? I'll bet they are.

We had a 2 story, 2,000 sq ft home well insulated, cery well built home in the US. We kept the temp at 72 F. It cost $ 1,200 US back then in the year 2000.

joec
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Pfffttt.... don't need no heat....
But there's something to be said for a bottle o wine and a movie on a day like this....
Gawd, I'm lern'n ta like this retirement stuff...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next