INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vehicle Ripoffs

5 posters

Go down

Vehicle Ripoffs Empty Vehicle Ripoffs

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:51 am

Recently after speaking to quite a few people I thought it would be nice to once again alert people to current issues others are having in the hopes of avoiding problems.

Many people purchase vehicles here in Jalisco. Prior to purchasing any vehicle it is best to see how much debt is owed on the vehicle. Quite a few people have bought motorcycles and found out that there are more fees and fines owing on the vehicle that the value of the motorcycle. This is good to check BEFORE giving money to the seller and we can check it with the last paid receipt or license plate number and VIN#.

We can in some instances get a reduction on the fines for late payment of vehicle fees, many times the fine reductions are 50 to 70% of the fines so all may not be lost but this should enter into the equation when negotiating the price with the seller.

Also we can check to see if the vehicle has been reported stolen and what the national database shows the license plates should be after searching the VIN#.

Many people are also losing money to vehicle nationalization scams. Many people collect lots of $$$ and then give you fake paperwork. Always get a written contract with anybody you pay a large sum of money to. We can also check the pedimiento and other papers so you will not be arrested and have your car seized when you do the second part of the nationalization process which is getting license plates for Jalisco. They are very strict here and your papers need to be in order.

A Mexican friend was arrested this last week and her car seized when getting her plates not knowing that after paying $42,000 pesos to a guy in Ajijic that her papers were forged.

I advise against nationalizing vehicles as there is too much cost and fraud involved and it should only be done with extreme caution and at the border and with a written contract and receipts.

I also advise against buying a car with Mexican plates that are not Jalisco plates as there can be fines and fees that cannot easily be checked PLUS you will need to go early in the morning to Guadalajara to change plates and then may be surprised to find out that another $5,000 to $15,000 pesos or more needs to be paid to change the plates. This is assuming that you didn´t buy a stolen car or one with forged papers and then you will be a guest at the graybar hotel and be taking the bus home once you make bail or convince them that you did not forge the documents.

I know there are alot of do it yourselfers out there or those who want to make their maid or gardener their representative but so many people have done this to their own detriment and lost countless hours of their time (may or may not be valuable) and thousands of pesos all for not investing a little bit up front.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Vehicle Ripoffs Empty Re: Vehicle Ripoffs

Post by viajero Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 am

Intercasa wrote:.

I advise against nationalizing vehicles as there is too much cost and fraud involved and it should only be done with extreme caution and at the border and with a written contract and receipts.

I thought you could nationalize your vehicle at the GDL aduana,which I had hoped to do in a couple of years when I change to inmigrado or ciudano.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:14 am

All nationalizations must be done at the border. There are agents at the GDL airport but customs there does not nationalize cars. I want to nationalize my SUV which I can do this year but I will drive to the border and watch over the entire process myself unless I can find someone who is reliable and has assets in their name and will enter into a contract.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:35 am

Intercasa wrote:All nationalizations must be done at the border. There are agents at the GDL airport but customs there does not nationalize cars. I want to nationalize my SUV which I can do this year but I will drive to the border and watch over the entire process myself unless I can find someone who is reliable and has assets in their name and will enter into a contract.

What happened to the guy who nationalized your Jetta?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:53 am

Intercasa wrote:All nationalizations must be done at the border. There are agents at the GDL airport but customs there does not nationalize cars. I want to nationalize my SUV which I can do this year but I will drive to the border and watch over the entire process myself unless I can find someone who is reliable and has assets in their name and will enter into a contract.
Not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the info.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:26 pm

He did fine and then ripped me off when I sent him other people and then I paid them (clients) back from my pocket, I have suits pending. Also the rules changed after.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by seisdedos Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:36 pm

Intercasa wrote:He did fine and then ripped me off when I sent him other people and then I paid them (clients) back from my pocket, I have suits pending. Also the rules changed after.

Suits pending? What he was doing wasn't legal to start with. The vehicle is supposed to be inspected at the border. And how will you get the car titles that he took back?

Poor judgement, amigo. Is this how you inspire confidence in your "services"?
seisdedos
seisdedos
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:04 pm

Here's the easy and safe way without problems around all this BS. Buy a car in the US for less money and it costs less to insure here.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:37 pm

i just bought a scooter from an american couple (you had their paperwork Spencer) but i have to put it in my name but where do you go to do this, and do i need a translater?
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : sarcastic s.o.b

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 am

We can do the paperwork for you or send someone to do the transfer with you to make sure you bring the right stuff, etc.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trevor "poncho" Armstrong Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:48 am

thanks Spencer, maybe i will come see you and go from there. thx
Trevor
Trevor "poncho" Armstrong
Share Holder