INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala

+4
Zedinmexico
oncesubtle
borderreiver
simpsca
8 posters

Go down

Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala Empty Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala

Post by simpsca Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 pm

Below is the latest menu for Viva Mexico Restaurant in San Juan Cosala on Porfirio Diaz - just two blocks west of the plaza.

Porfirio Diaz #92 in San Juan Cosala

Open every day from 12 noon to 8pm except: Closed Thursdays
Viva Mexico ~ Tia Lupita
In San Juan Cosala

Appetizers – to start

-Queso fundido (melted cheese – a Mexican traditional dish) - $60
With beef or with Mexican sausage, vegetarian chili peppers, mushrooms tomato and onion
-Salsa en molcajete (special salsa made of char grilled tomatoes and veggies) - $20
-Guacamole - $40
-Beans – cooked to perfection - $15
-Combined order sopes, tacos and enchiladas - $8 pesos each
-Baked potato - $10
With cream or butter and crispy bacon or Mexican sausage
-Sopa Toña (soup) - $35
Combination of tomatoes, cream, peppers, tortilla, avocado and cheese
- Sopa San Juan - $45
Soup with chili poblano (mild) cheese, cream and corn

Traditional Menu

-Pozole - $40
Traditional dish Saturdays and Sundays only, the combination of white and red hominy, served with pork meat – cooked slowly for hours
-Enchiladas - $40
Aunt Lupita’s traditional 5 per order meat, chicken or cheese-
-Sopes (small corn masa – similar to a small tortilla with a lip) - $40
Aunt Lupita’s traditional 5 per order meat, chicken, potatoes and beans
-Tacos Dorados - $40
Traditional Aunt Lupita’s traditional 5 per order beef, chicken, or beef
-Tostadas - $17 each
Delicious Mexican food, chicken or pork
-Quesadillas - $10 each
Delicious fresh tortillas with mozzarella cheese
-Tacos/asada - $10 each
Freshly made corn tortilla with beef and beans
-Burritos - $60 each
With chicken, beef, shrimp and Vegetarian Version as well with rice beans and salad
Entres – Main Course

-Filete miñón – as you like it - $90
Delicious beef tenderloin served with baked potato and bacon, mushrooms, onions and bell peppers
-Puntas de Albañil - $80
Beef fajitas, cooked with onions, bell peppers and tomato, tomato sauce, served with beans/rice guacamole and fresh tortillas
-Arrachera - $80
Jucy Beef flank steak, served with guacamole salad and beans
-Fajitas - $75
Made with beef or chicken seasoned with garlic, salt and pepper, onions, bell peppers, served with rice, beans and salad
-Banderillas - $80
Skewers of beef fillet, chopped peppers, tomato and onion, served with rice, beans and salad.
-Chicken breast marinada - $65
Fillet of chicken, served on a bed of lettuce with rice and vegetables
-Hamburger - $35
Beef patty served onextra large roll with tomato, onion, jalapeño with/or fries
-Milanesa/pollo - $65
Breaded chicken breast fillet accompanied by rice, beans and salad
-Chiles Rellenos - $65
Mild pepper stuffed with cheese, bathed in tomato sauce – baked and served with rice and salad
-Carne asada - $65
Grilled steak served with rice, beans and salad

Seafood

-Cósala - $85
Shrimp prepared with chunks of bell peppers, onions and mushrooms topped with nut cream
-Machis - $85
Shrimp flavored with pepper and onion slices covered in a cream base and chipotle chili, topped with mozzarella cheese
-Tamal mal amarrado - $85
Shrimp wrapped in corn husks, prepared with tomato, onion, cilantro, marinated and topped with mozzarella cheese.
-Camarones al ajo - $85
Garlic Shrimp served with guacamole salad and rice

-Camarones /Brocheta - $85
Shrimp chile pepper chunks, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes served with rice and salad
-Camarones a la BBQ - $85
Family recipe cooked with our special bbq sauce served with rice and salad
-Camarones en molcajete (baked in a traditional stone dish – piping hot) - $95
Shrimp prepared with peppers and onions seasoned with salt and pepper in a sauce made of roasted tomatoes, topped with mozzarella cheese and panella cheese.
-Camarones / Hierbas - $85
Shrimp prepared in olive oil, rosemary, marjoram, salt, pepper, garlic and lemon juice
-Filete Mixtli – Fish fillet - $85
White fillet of fish cooked on the grill prepared with herbs (basil, oregano and cilantro) seasoned with garlic salt and pepper wrapped in corn husks
-Pescado a la Maria - $80
White fillet of fish cooked with olive oil, garlic, onions, yellow and jalapeño peppers, mushrooms, olives and cover with tomatoes sauce.

Specials of the house

-Chiles en Nogada (Mexican traditional dish) - $85
Our house specialty, tasty poblano chile stuffed with beef and pork meat covered in a delicious cream of walnut and pomegranate, served with salad.
-Costillas/BBQ - $80
Ribs Baked in sweet sauce, served with rice and salad
-Molcajetes de meat and/or chicken (baked in a traditional stone dish, a molcajete) - $95
Chicken breast or Beef Steak, with green or red tomato sauce
-Pollo Tarasco - $80
Chicken fajitas cooked in a cream-chipotle pepper cream and onions, served with rice and salad
-Pollo en pétalos de rosa - $85
Stuffed chicken fillet cooked grilled cheese dipped in a sauce made with red wine and rose petals accompanied with vegetables
-Chicken breast with nuts - $80
Chicken breaded with walnuts served with rice and salad
-Mole Poblano - $80
Traditional family recipe mole (Chocolate sauce) with pork meat
-Viva México - $85
Beef, served with Mexican sausage, cheese, sopes, tacos, beans, rice soup, guacamole and salad
-Tía Lupita - $55
The traditional tacos, sopes, enchiladas and tostada
-El Patrón - $90
Flank steak fajita meat and chicken, accompanied by guacamole, beans, rice and salad with a shot of tequila
-Bandera - $60
(Vegetarian) cheese, red and green bell peppers served with beans and salad
-La Juanita - $60
(2 quesadillas, enchiladas 3) cheese, meat or chicken served with rice and beans
-La Mexicana - $75
Beef steak, 1 tostada meat or chicken, served with guacamole, beans, rice and salad
-El Güerito - $65
Chile stuffed with cheese wrapped in flour tortilla topped with tomato and cream sauce served with beans and / or rice and salad
There are often specials of the day – just ask!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala Empty Re: Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala

Post by borderreiver Fri May 25, 2012 2:26 am

Miele gracias
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala Empty Re: Latest Menu for Viva Mexico in San Juan Cosala

Post by oncesubtle Fri May 25, 2012 5:04 pm

For those who haven't tried their Chilies en Nogada, you really must. It's one of the few restaurants anywhere that serve this traditional dish year round and it's a treat.
http://www.mexicotravelandlife.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=36 flag waver

"-Chiles en Nogada (Mexican traditional dish) - $85
Our house specialty, tasty poblano chile stuffed with beef and pork meat covered in a delicious cream of walnut and pomegranate, served with salad."
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Fri May 25, 2012 5:13 pm

oncesubtle wrote:For those who haven't tried their Chilies en Nogada, you really must. It's one of the few restaurants anywhere that serve this traditional dish year round and it's a treat.
http://www.mexicotravelandlife.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=36 flag waver

"-Chiles en Nogada (Mexican traditional dish) - $85
Our house specialty, tasty poblano chile stuffed with beef and pork meat covered in a delicious cream of walnut and pomegranate, served with salad."

Agreed!!!!

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri May 25, 2012 5:31 pm

It is my number one favorite Mexican dish and I have never had it as good as at Viva Mexico. We need to go there again soon.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Fri May 25, 2012 6:28 pm

I love his fajitas. I know it's not a Mexican dish - Tex Mex, but I'm addicted to them. Big plate of marinated stir fried chicken strips with onions, sweet peppers, additional veggies and rice with corn tortillas. They are some of the best fajitas I've had and I've had some of the best in Texas.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri May 25, 2012 8:52 pm

We are organizing a group of friends to eat at Agustín's this week and we ate at Mario's today.

Please support these 2 fine businesses, they are struggling.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 8:42 am

I've organized a group for Sunday evening at 6pm at Viva Mexico and so far have over 15 going. We also have our womens luncheon there the first week of June. I think all the local businesses are struggling - the carraterra was empty of cars yesterday afternoon. I'm eating out as much as I can.

So organize a group of friends and eat at one of our fine local restaurants.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat May 26, 2012 9:42 am

CanuckBob wrote:It is my number one favorite Mexican dish and I have never had it as good as at Viva Mexico. We need to go there again soon.

We are taking the bus from Ajijic at 2pm sat to go to Viva Mexico. Anybody wants to go be at Zaragoza and Colon just above the Ajijic plaza at 2PM today sat.
if you don't mind riding the bus. If you have not been there you are missing something very very good. Augustine is a saint in my book.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 9:59 am

And his restaurant is only about 1 1/2 blocks from where the bus lets you off! Yes he does a lot to help the community, and I think one of the best restaurants around. Originally it was only Mexican dishes - and like C Bob said, the best Chilies en Nogada around. But he has expanded at the request of many of his customers. For an additional 20 pesos you can get a fire roasted salsa mashed in a molcajete right at your table and they will ask you how you like it - spicy or mild. It's usually enough to serve the table - for 20 pesos. That's in addition to the traditional salsa they serve at no additional cost.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by merry Sat May 26, 2012 10:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:It is my number one favorite Mexican dish and I have never had it as good as at Viva Mexico. We need to go there again soon.

It's their best dish by far, none make it better. Maybe we'd better have the next Board Meeting at Viva.

Merry

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 26, 2012 11:50 am

We may just have to do that........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat May 26, 2012 12:55 pm

My favorite resturante also.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 2:02 pm

I have a monthly Womens luncheon there and it's always packed. He will do special events and there is no clean up time for the host. Very Happy
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat May 26, 2012 4:03 pm

Had a great lunch/dinner today. Go to your favorite resurante as soon as you
can. He said today was the first day in two weeks with decend business. Please
visit any resturante if you can afford it. Even go get a taco or two. We need
to make a show and help. Today was the first day in a week or so where people
looked somewhat normal. It was nice to see that. Guessing it will be noisy tonight
in the plaza in Ajijic or at least hoping so.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat May 26, 2012 5:35 pm

I have a group of over 20 for Sunday dinner at 6pm - that should keep him busy for awhile.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat May 26, 2012 6:24 pm

simpsca wrote:I have a group of over 20 for Sunday dinner at 6pm - that should keep him busy for awhile.

I will bring your bowl .....Deb and I will eat around 5 and wait till you arrive...Thanks again for the GREAT Potato salad.

Jim W Thumbs up
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down