INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico

+2
sm1mex
TrueBrit
6 posters

Go down

Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico Empty Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico

Post by TrueBrit Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Ordered a laptop from Dell USA (Configuration not available from Dell Mexico) and my daughter was going to bring it down (unpackaged and as her own) when visiting next week.  Dell's delivery was 3 weeks late and now they are going to deliver it after my daughter has left USA.
So looks like I have to get it to me some other way. Has anyone had experience of shipping laptops?  I have had nightmares with missing goods, confiscated goods, customs fees, etc. And then there is the issue of the tax coming into Mexico (I've already paid California tax!!) which isn't cheap.

TrueBrit
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico Empty Re: Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico

Post by sm1mex Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:30 am

I would never ship something like that across the border. Someone may like it better than you and you would never get. I suggest one of the courier men, Hugh Roberts or Alex Peterson. I have used Alex and he is excellent.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico Empty Re: Shipping a laptop from USA to Mexico

Post by Trailrunner Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:10 am

Yes, agree! You need a courier or a mule to ensure you get it here. I recently bought a new tablet and posted that I needed someone coming down to bring it and one of our kind posters wrote right back and brought it down a couple weeks later. Nice guy. Perfect!

Also post that on some of the FB pages as there are so many people coming down - or at least they say they are!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:27 pm

I would have no hesitation to ship it via DHL or FedEx. If you want a warm and fuzzy, insure it.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:55 am

What does someone charge to bring a computer or any other item down here - more or less?
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:16 am

Depends on how many items you purchase. I had a 7 piece bedroom spread set brought down for about 200 pesos (10 dollars).

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gvprod Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:09 am

I am coming down mid february. I can bring down for a six pack of beer
gvprod
gvprod
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : live today like no one else, so tomorrow you can live like no one else

http://www.lathmedia.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down