INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A twist on the 3 kings crown cake..

2 posters

Go down

A twist on the 3 kings crown cake.. Empty A twist on the 3 kings crown cake..

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:56 pm

I am not particularly religious but I still follow some of the customs of my childhood and always look forwards to the 3 King´s Day .
When I was a kid as we would eat the galette des rois , one of us would be crowned king or queen for the day and had to be the host of the crepe party for the candelaria in February.. The Mexican twist is the sweet bread in the shape of a crown and the tamales party in february.
This year I asked my husband to check if the French pastry shop in West Ajijic had galette des rois.. and happy surprise , they did. Delicious ones thicker than I remembered and filled with frangipane or almond filling and a baby jesus or 2 .. wanting to celebrate both countries ,my husband came back with a delicious crown and a galette.. That was a great day !
If they still have some try the galette des rois.. In France we make the festival last and ask for another galette des rois for another fiesta before february so there may still be some;,

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A twist on the 3 kings crown cake.. Empty 3 Kings Bread

Post by cruisemex Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:41 pm

They had one today on the counter when I was there because I inquired as to what it was. Looked tempting.

cruisemex

Back to top Go down

A twist on the 3 kings crown cake.. Empty Re: A twist on the 3 kings crown cake..

Post by brigitte Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:33 pm

yes it is delicious. Since in France the parties go on for a couple of weeks they may keep making the galettes here, I do not know. The custom is to keep going in the Loire Valley I do not know what it is in TOulouse so there is not telling, grab it while you can.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

A twist on the 3 kings crown cake.. Empty Re: A twist on the 3 kings crown cake..

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down