INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes in Telmex free inernational calling

2 posters

Go down

Changes in Telmex free inernational calling Empty Changes in Telmex free inernational calling

Post by phxfunguy Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:23 pm

(reposted from my post on TOB)

I questioned charges on my phone bill today that were made for calls to the Caribbean. They had been free in the past. The lady at Telmex explained to me that now the free international dialing is limited to the "50 Paises para Paquete Conectes." I have the $389 plan and I unfortunately neglected to inquire if there was any difference with the more expensive plans. She printed out the list of free countries for me which include (in Spanish alphabetical order):

Germany, Argentina, Austria, Bahamas, Belgium, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Bulgaria, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Denmark, Ecuador, El Salvador, Slovakia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Guatemala, Haiti, Netherlands, Honduras, Hungary, Ireland, Cayman Islands, Italy, Jamaica, Luxembourg, Montenegro, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Liechtenstein, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Albania, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkey, Uruguay, and Venezuela.

She also reminded me that free calling is NOT included to Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or the USVI. Mainland US and Canada are still included.

The worldwide calling was nice while it lasted and at least the 50 countries now allowed are the more popular ones...well, maybe not Albania so much.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Changes in Telmex free inernational calling Empty Re: Changes in Telmex free inernational calling

Post by Carry Bean Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:52 pm

So can you call the USVI with the 599 peso plan?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Changes in Telmex free inernational calling Empty Re: Changes in Telmex free inernational calling

Post by phxfunguy Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Carry Bean wrote:So can you call the USVI with the 599 peso plan?
I don't know that exact answer for sure.  She did not offer me any other info as to how to have more free calling areas nor did the list of countries state it was for a certain level of phone service, so I'm going to hedge my bet and say very likely not.  When surfing their website for specific info, you cannot find anything about long distance specifics.  The only difference between the 389 and higher packages is unlimited calls to local numbers and cell phones (and the supposedly faster Internet.)  The "internacional" and "mundial" minutes are unlimited the same for all packages. They offered it to the whole world initially for a couple of years, then reduced it to 50 is my summation.
phxfunguy
phxfunguy

Humor : Dual witted (Gemini)

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:56 pm

Ok, thanks.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down