INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tramadol

+4
Trailrunner
slainte39
Clete
RichD
8 posters

Go down

Tramadol Empty Tramadol

Post by RichD 10th November 2016, 11:05 am

It is so funny, the differences on each side of the border. My example is Tramadol, brand name Ultram, a weak opioid that literally can not give you a "buzz", is an effective pain reliever, but recently was designated a Schedule IV drug along with Valium, a highly addictive and abusable drug. In Mexico it is over the counter and quite literally, easier to get than Advil or Tylenol*. Valium, in Mexico, requires a MD's prescription.

If you are in pain and wish to self medicate, try Tramadol. It is cheap and two 50 mg tablets are for the worst pain that you can have without needing hospitalization. A single tablet is the starting dose and works well for lower back pain, especially intermittent pain due to lifting what you should't have. lol

*The reason that NSAIDs are not out for picking up, but behind the counter, is that there are many in Mexico that can not read. Since the thinking that, if two are good that four would be better, coupled with the fact that they can destroy ones liver, requires the counter person to give dosing info and danger warnings. Children are the usual victim of overdosing.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tramadol Empty Re: Tramadol

Post by Clete 10th November 2016, 12:02 pm

RichD wrote:

*The reason that NSAIDs are not out for picking up, but behind the counter, is that there are many in Mexico that can not read. Since the thinking that, if two are good that four would be better, coupled with the fact that they can destroy ones liver, requires the counter person to give dosing info and danger warnings. Children are the usual victim of overdosing.

If you mean they aren´t on the shelves here in Mexico where you can choose the nsaid of your choice, you are quite mistaken. And also, most Mexicans can read. The level of illiteracy (analfabetismo en español) for people 15 or older is around 5%.

A word of advice. Before sharing these little bits of wisdom on life and customs in Mexico, there are quite a number of people on this board that have a deeper knowledge and understanding of what is what around . You might want to fact check your posts before sharing.

Clete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 10th November 2016, 12:11 pm

RichD wrote:

"is that there are many in Mexico that can not read"
Not even worthy of a comment.
Sorry, but I'm in a bad mood today. Tramadol 633732

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner 10th November 2016, 12:14 pm

Absolutely, this post is at best irresponsible and at worst idiotic! You are wrong about most of what you say, you don't live here, and have little knowledge of life here or the culture. To attempt to dose or encourage anyone to take opiates is stupid. When did you graduate from medical school?

I would like to see this thread taken down.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO 10th November 2016, 12:31 pm

“........people that who......“

Sometimes, those who do not read well do not write well.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob 10th November 2016, 12:59 pm

OK, give him a break you guys. He is still learning what he needs to know to move down here. I'm sure he will look into it a little deeper now.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle 10th November 2016, 1:17 pm

I agree, it's not like his screen name is Trump. I'll betcha RichD becomes a respected member as he is learning, thinking and posting His thoughts.

On the Tramadol front I've heard it works wonders for dogs in pain. I'd recommend getting a go from a vet first and a recommended dosage. And keep in mind Tramadol is an addictive drug.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 10th November 2016, 1:53 pm

CanuckBob wrote:OK, give him a break you guys. He is still learning what he needs to know to move down here. I'm sure he will look into it a little deeper now.

OK, good advice....
I will suggest that he go spend a morning at the DIF facility in Chapala as see how many of the moms and dads from low income families can read Spanish and then over on the other side to the Seguro Popular office.
I do like his politics.......OOPS! Tramadol 661816

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Axixic 10th November 2016, 3:54 pm

Jeebuz people, don't jump down his throat. He was:
1 - Reporting what he read, not necessarily what he believed, and
2 - Clearly, from the context, meant "not read well". Which is true, not only for Mexicans but Canadians, Americans, Aussies, etc. Literacy rates for ALL of us would be woeful if a serious attempt at measuring comprehension was made.

Damn, everyone is so touchy right now. Relax, you'll live longer.
Axixic
Axixic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RichD 10th November 2016, 4:21 pm

FYI folks, I have lived in Mexico, married a Mexican woman, have two Mexican children. I guess that my references about Mexico were due to me living in areas of poverty and parents that can not read. My father in law was one and so was his mother and father. I got my info from a pharmacist when I asked why the NSAIDs were behind the counter. Stupid me.

People that correct another's English grammar and spelling on these type of forums are jerks.
RichD
RichD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down