INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy)

+4
Trailrunner
Lady Otter Latté
espíritu del lago
twelveoaks
8 posters

Go down

needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy) Empty needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy)

Post by twelveoaks Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Recently had a n ostomy and am planning to fly across country. Planes tend to be a hot bed of cold germs. Can you provide any info on cold meds and preventatives ( zinc tabs, etc) that I can take. Can I take Nyquil or benadryl ?

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy) Empty Re: needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy)

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Consult with your physician!!!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy) Empty Re: needinfo on cold meds that can be taken after having an ostomy( colostomy)

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:53 pm

You should not take the advice of strangers on the internet for something like this. Ask your doctor.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:23 pm

Absolutely LADY Otter Latte !!!!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:37 pm

Two things you can do before getting on an airplane, wear a mask and or rub a thin layer of Vaseline on the inside of your nostrils to block a virus and keep them from replicating in that warm moist atmosphere.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Excellent advice!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:45 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:You should not take the advice of strangers on the internet for something like this. Ask your doctor.

I asked my doctor (dentist) about the efficacy of dental implants and I am 75 years old so these surgical procedures are not amusing and also dangerous at my age. I told them of my kidney impairment condition and resultant daily ingested medications, some of which were intended to improve blood flow and they still cut into my gums in preparation for teeth implants only to halt in the interim due to extraordinary bleeding. These are long practicing and reputable professionals within a sophisticated international community. Withhold unquestioned trust.

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:49 pm

Is that the same dentist that gave you the prostate exams........ Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:09 pm

I thought it was a Pap smear.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:34 pm

B2S, I said nothing about giving doctors unquestioned trust.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:43 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:B2S, I said nothing about giving doctors unquestioned trust.

But "questioned trust" beats advice given by posters on the web boards.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Bubba2shoes Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:31 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:B2S, I said nothing about giving doctors unquestioned trust.

Ah, yes.  Unquestioned trust reminds me of an old joke:

Doctor calls a patient and informs  him  that he has some bad news and some worse news.  The doctor asks the patient what news he would like to hear first. The patient responds that he would like the bad news first and the doctor says that he has three days to live. The patient asks, "Good God, Doc, what could be worse news  than that ?" The doctor responds,  "I was supposed to call you two days ago".

Bubba2shoes
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://rbplummer1@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:41 pm

mariachi

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down