INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

+28
coffeeguy
Smartalex
gvprod
JayBear
rjhart
espíritu del lago
Carry Bean
WillieRae
Clueless
simpsca
Hensley
David
oncesubtle
DaveP
slainte39
zenwoodle
ferret
islandiver
Vandre
Gamina
Trailrunner
CanuckBob
gringal
twelveoaks
Lady Otter Latté
hockables
hickton
cornedbeefrick
32 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! Empty Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

Post by cornedbeefrick Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:33 pm

Heidi and I had to go to Chapala todzy so we decided to stop at Tripps for a burger....what a mistake.When I orderec a "double combo" I was informed that they no longer do "combos". We ordered 1 double cheeseburger, 1 single cheeseburger, 2 orders of fries and 1 coke. Ya ready? $255 pesos!!! I'm just "a little" prejudiced but at Cydneys you can get the same burger we served for years at our restaurants for $75 pesos including your choice of sides.Several weeks ago we were at the Galleria Mall in Guad a d stopped at Carl's Jr. I had a double bacon burger, Heidi had a single, fries anda coke for under $200. Trip says he'planning on opening in Guad. Good luck with that as he'll be competing with the big boys. I'm sure he won't lose any sleep over this but, with those prices we will NEVER return!!!

cornedbeefrick

Back to top Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! Empty Re: Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

Post by cornedbeefrick Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:00 pm

I forgot to mention that themenu board still showed combos being offered. The price of the double combo was $85 pesos. Trip now charges the same price for the burger as he did for the combo....everything else is extra.

cornedbeefrick

Back to top Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! Empty Re: Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!!

Post by hickton Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:06 pm

the milk shakes are half the size they were when he first opened as well.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:06 pm

The Scandinavian Bakery just around the corner serves real food... terrific Paninis ....
Roast Beef, Chicken, Tuna.. Swiss, Asagio, Motza.... ummm :)

Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:26 pm

Those are big price jumps. Hope he knows what he is doing.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! Empty Trip's burgers

Post by twelveoaks Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:41 am

Hi Rick,

Good posting ! My wife and I went to Trip's the oother day and were shocked ! The double combo equivalent ordered piece by piece comes to 145 pesos or $8.00 USD at 18 to one. The order you described would amount to $14 USD or about twice what it would be at In N Out in California.

Anyway we refused to pay it and went to Subway and got the six inch ham combo meal for 59 pesos or an equivelent of $3.27 USD

We won't return to Trip's

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:57 am

Thanks for that. I was on the verge of trying it again after my long ago first disappointing experience. Subway is a better bet.
However, I can't sing the praises enough for the newish restaurant on the Carreterra in Ajijic, Gosha's. It's on the same block as Bruno's. Has indoor and outdoor seating in a garden setting. (Indoor is important these rainy days.)
For 75 pesos, you get a combo of half sandwich (larger than most full sandwiches) on baguette (or regular bread on request), a little potato salad on the plate and a half salad or soup as well. Such a (better) deal!
Good service, pleasant owners and lots of other menu items, along with daily specials. Breakfast and lunch 7 days. 8:30 to 3:00. Beer and wine. I couldn't figure out how to post the menu on here, but did post it on TOB last week.
It's a keeper.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:59 am

On Wednesdays at Marco's El Rey Taco they have a barbecue buffet beginning at 5 p.m. It includes ribs, chicken and chorizo with green salad, Cole slaw, beans and scalloped potatoes. The price is 100 pesos per person. What is Trip thinking?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:03 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:On Wednesdays at Marco's El Rey Taco they have a barbecue buffet beginning at 5 p.m. It includes ribs, chicken and chorizo with green salad, Cole slaw, beans and scalloped potatoes. The price is 100 pesos per person. What is Trip thinking?

Maybe because the Mall is a captive audience? Especially the movie going crowd?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:22 am

Doubt that is the reasoning since there are other places to eat in the mall.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:28 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Doubt that is the reasoning since there are other places to eat in the mall.

...but not if you're looking for a hamburger (unless I've missed one).  However, the Law of Restaurants will apply, no matter what: When too many of the customers think you're charging too much, they start staying away and eventually, you either go belly-up or change your ways.  If the latter, too many people already have heard the bad news about the prices, and stay away, too. Like me.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:49 am

I love me my occasional hamburger but won't pay an outrageous price for the fast food experience. Can't imagine a time when my movie going and hamburger craving would strike at the same time and overwhelm my  common sense. I think it is a bad business decision to have as large a price increase as Trip has done. He may know something about the local hamburger market that we do not. But, I can not see this as anything other than a mistake.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I love me my occasional hamburger but won't pay an outrageous price for the fast food experience. Can't imagine a time when my movie going and hamburger craving would strike at the same time and overwhelm my  common sense. I think it is a bad business decision to have as large a price increase as Trip has done. He may know something about the local hamburger market that we do not. But, I can not see this as anything other than a mistake.

Yesterday, I went to the large outdoor/indoor restaurant on the Ajijic Plaza.  Nice at this time of year, in spite of the wandering dogs and barrage of kids selling produce.  But, better yet, it has good food at very reasonable prices.  First, they bring you chips and pico de gallo, fire breathing salsa or, on request, a mild green one. No charge.
I ordered their regular cheeseburger.  52 pesos. Good meat, decent size, had lettuce, onion, tomato and pickes with IMO, the best home made french fries in town included.  The skinny kind, cooked in not too much, but good grease; a huge pile I shared with my esposo, who had virtuous fish, veggies and rice. (He shared a lot of my fries, though.)

There are good burgers at many other places for a reasonable price, too.  That's just one example. So. yes, what is Trip's thinking???

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:04 pm

He's think'n .., " he don't like thsis website anymore " Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Crazy for sure. It's higher priced than the BK or Johnny Rockets at the airport!!
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:49 pm

He must have suddenly discovered he was losing his shirt.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Sep 08, 2016 3:52 pm

Whenever I walk by it seems he has too many employees at any one time. Four people ought to be able to run the place.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:13 pm

Trailrunner wrote:He must have suddenly discovered he was losing his shirt.

Yep and then in what seems to be the typical business response around here.....jack up the prices and get rid of the customers you did have. Suicide for sure....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:49 pm

CanuckBob wrote:

Yep and then in what seems to be the typical business response around here.....jack up the prices and get rid of the customers you did have. Suicide for sure....

Dumbest idea. My husband is nuts about the salmon at Arileo's. Drive way up there while I was lunching with my book club and ordered that, which, as of a few days ago, was $155 pesos. Today it's $185 pesos. WHAT? says he. Not planning to return, much as he likes it. There is salmon elsewhere.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! Empty Salmon at Arileos

Post by twelveoaks Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:06 pm

gringal wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:

Dumbest idea.  My husband is nuts about the salmon at Arileo's.  Drive way up there while I was lunching with my book club and ordered that, which, as of a few days ago, was $155 pesos.  Today it's $185 pesos.  WHAT? says he.  Not planning to return, much as he likes it.  There is salmon elsewhere.

Gringal,

Salmon is off the charts every where. At Coctco it is up from 299 to 349 per kilo and WalMart is up from 249 to 299 per kilo.

So, I can see why restaurants are being forced to raise3 their prices.

twelveoaks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:35 pm

If that's the case, that would mean that it is becoming a luxury item. I will check tomorrow to see if they raised their price at Cocinart, where it was at $140 and is also good, but a smaller portion than at Arileo.

We're probably fishing out that great tasting item. So sad. My taste buds still remember abalone. Long ago and far away.
Tripps....bring your credit card!!!!! 851398

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandre Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:08 pm

OMG, I so remember yummy Abalone (just south of Half Moon Bay, CA - don't remember the name - place burned down years ago). Wish someone could figure out how to farm it. I'd pay a "kings ransom" for another taste !

Vandre
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by islandiver Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:25 pm

Vandre wrote:OMG, I so remember yummy Abalone (just south of Half Moon Bay, CA - don't remember the name - place burned down years ago). Wish someone could figure out how to farm it. I'd pay a "kings ransom" for another taste !

Mexico is a producer of cultured abalone.

But what is the price now of ground meat for burgers?

islandiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:09 pm

When a lot of other restaurants almost double the price of their burgers I will consider the price of ground beef as part of the reason for Trip's astounding price increase.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:35 pm

Just curious...
If the price board with combos on it is still hanging over the cash...and if Tripp himself wasn't there...is it possible that this is creative pricing by the staff for their own benefit?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next