INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breathing and altitude

2 posters

Go down

Breathing and altitude Empty Breathing and altitude

Post by SuzieQ1954 Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:06 am

My brother was contemplating a return visit to Ajijic after an 11 year absence. His Dr. thought he might have trouble breathing with the altitude, but he said there is a gum available here that could help. Does anyone know what he is talking about? Is there a "gum" that can help alleviate breathing problems at our altitude? If so, what is it and where is it available?

SuzieQ1954

Back to top Go down

Breathing and altitude Empty Re: Breathing and altitude

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:04 am

If he has COPD, the inflamation and production of phlegm can be helped by any decongestant and/or expectorant. In Mexico, Ambroxol is readily available and I found it very effective in 15-20 minutes. In more serious episodes, you can buy a loaded syringe of Celestone Soluspan at most farmacias and give yourself a shot in the butt, which will give relief lasting a couple of weeks, or more. It is a synthetic steroid anti-inflamatory. Unfortunately, neither of those are available to me here in Tucson, or I would still have them on hand.
That said; if the need for oxygen arises, OxyReyes at Lakeside can rent portable equipment while you are there.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum