INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

+26
Clete
Trailrunner
Halfglass
itsme
salvadors
papa chango
kipissippi
mattoleriver
Luisa
Zedinmexico
suegarn
shana
Flamingo
toedippers
Rosa Venus
RVGRINGO
lunateak
Carry Bean
jrm30655
gringal
ltollefs
slainte39
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
hockables
30 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum Empty The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

Post by hockables Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:28 am

Orlando, Florida.

50 Dead, 52 Injured...... officials have set up Triage for victims of America's Worst Mass Shooting....

hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum Empty Re: The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

Post by hockables Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:34 am

Omar Mateen ( American Born ) 24 was the Shooter carrying a Hand Gun and AR15 ... killed by Police

Gun nutz are already saying... " What we need are more Concealed Weapons Permits "
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:39 am

Can you imagine 20 or so, unskilled in a live fire situation, concealed weapon holders trying to fire back at this guy? There would be twice as many dead.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:23 am

Exactly what I was thinking, CBob.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:29 am

Most people can't hit the broad side of a barn from more than 5 yards with a handgun unless they train regularly. In a live fire situation they would be lucky if they didn't shoot themselves.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:41 am

CanuckBob wrote:Can you imagine 20 or so, unskilled in a live fire situation, concealed weapon holders trying to fire back at this guy? There would be twice as many dead.

Sorry Cbob but that is a bullsh-t comment.  

I had a CCW for over 20 years.  You have to take classes bi-annually.  I had to show proficiency in using my weapons, know the ever changing laws, and re-qualify every 2 years.  If I couldn't hit the target, then I wouldn't be able to re-qualify.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:05 pm

No, it is not bullshit. Hitting the target while standing calmly at a range and hitting the target in a poorly lit nightclub with hundreds of running, screaming humans and how many other shooters firing at the same time when the last time you fired your gun was two years ago are two very different things.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:07 pm

Playaboy wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Can you imagine 20 or so, unskilled in a live fire situation, concealed weapon holders trying to fire back at this guy? There would be twice as many dead.

I had a CCW for over 20 years.  You have to take classes bi-annually.  I had to show proficiency in using my weapons, know the ever changing laws, and re-qualify every 2 years.  If I couldn't hit the target, then I wouldn't be able to re-qualify.

Really and those requirements are Federal in the US or does each state have it's own requirement's?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Were you in a dimly lit bar with 350 screaming, panic driven people when you were qualifying for proficiency target practice?
At 2:00 AM, could you guarantee you hadn't had "few" yourself......to help your "proficiency". Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:No, it is not bullshit. Hitting the target while standing calmly at a range and hitting the target in a poorly lit nightclub with hundreds of running, screaming humans and how many other shooters firing at the same time when the last time you fired your gun was two years ago are two very different things.

Sorry Lady.....didn't read your post before send.....saying the same thing.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:35 pm

That's okay, Slainte. It bears repeating and great minds and so forth. Very Happy
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum Empty It is plan to see that most of you have taken any weapon classes or carried a gun

Post by Playaboy Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:45 pm

In the USA, the States set the rules.  In Cali the police jurisdiction you live in issues the permit.  Fingerprints and government background checks must be approved

Having a CCW is a tremendous responsibility.  Most of you have no idea what it takes to be able to obtain a CCW.  Qualifying is a lot more than shooting paper targets in a range.  

Carrying a weapons legally means NO alcohol or drugs in your system.  ZERO!!!!  If I planned to drink and party I did not carry my gun.

In 20 years I only had to draw my weapon once.  A skid row bum, drunk and screaming like a crazy man, was threatening me and my employees with a large bowie knife.  I pulled my weapon and told him not to get any closer to us or I would KILL him right there.  He never got closer than 10 feet, so I didn't have to shoot him.  The Police arrived in less than 2 minutes.  They arrested the man and complimented me on my restraint.

One of my gun classmates took out 2 bank robbers after they killed the guard.  He was given a Medal of Commendation from the police.

There are many criminal with guns. The police can not be there to protect you. In the USA I have the right to protect myself. I did what I needed to do to legally carry.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:49 pm

Playaboy wrote:

You gun fondlers never disappoint. He did say "unskilled in a live fire situation", but it's like you're reading from a script, drafted to overlook the the actual point.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:53 pm

You are a paragon of expertise and virtue, calm of mind, and. in control of your emotions when conceal carrying (as is my son). When you can assure me that everyone present and future will be as responsible and law abiding I will feel okay about being in a place (any place) where several, most or all are packing.
Isn't it amazing how the U.S. is the only civilized nation where so many citizens believe they must carry weapons in order to be safe? But, let's not look at what might be wrong with that. Let's all just train and arm ourselves for warfare because that is just the way it is.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:59 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:You are a paragon of expertise and virtue, calm of mind, and. in control of your emotions when conceal carrying (as is my son). When you can assure me that everyone present and future will be as responsible and law abiding I will feel okay about being in a place (any place) where  several, most or all are packing.
Isn't it amazing how the U.S. is the only civilized nation where so many citizens believe they must carry weapons in order to be safe? But, let's not look at what might be wrong with that. Let's all just train and arm ourselves for warfare because that is just the way it is.

Civilized? I think Inigo Montoya might have a thing or two to say about that.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:21 pm

My point is that if you have a CCW, you have some training and are skilled.  Otherwise you would not have the permit to carry.  Carrying without a permit makes you a criminal.  

There are no assurances in life.  Even Police officers, with all their training, fu-k up.

We could turn the USA into Mexico where only the criminal have guns, where citizens have no way to protect themselves and their families and cower like sheep when the "Bad Guys" roll into the pueblo.  Most all of my Mexican friends living in Michoacan would love to legally own "real guns" to protect themselves and their towns.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:25 pm

I read the news article and must have missed the part that said he was "legally" carrying weapons. It did say he was a security officer and had permission to carry a "firearm". But an assault rifle???  

I'm one of those people who wonder why so many citizens feel the need to carry weapons.  Is the U.S. becoming the world capitol of paranoia?  Or, does a substantial portion of the population think they'll be called on to participate in a revolution against the government?  What's going on?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Playaboy wrote:My point is that if you have a CCW, you have some training and are skilled.  Otherwise you would not have the permit to carry.  Carrying without a permit makes you a criminal.  

There are no assurances in life.  Even Police officers, with all their training, fu-k up.

We could turn the USA into Mexico where only the criminal have guns, where citizens have no way to protect themselves and their families and cower like sheep when the "Bad Guys" roll into the pueblo.  Most all of my Mexican friends living in Michoacan would love to legally own "real guns" to protect themselves and their towns.

So you can speak for California. What of the other states that allow people to carry guns? I guess you haven't been to Canada or many other places in the civilized world where citizen's aren't allowed to pack guns? No one is cowering like sheep or shooting up many schools or nightclubs. Gun nuts.........jeeesh.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:34 pm

50 people were killed and another 50 wounded. All were unarmed. Couldn't have been much worse if someone had been shooting back

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:55 pm

There will never be a ban on guns in the U.S. Too ingrained but for sure AK-47 type weapons could & should be outlawed with strict penalties & even then, it would be hard to round up all of them because idiots will hoard them.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:22 pm

jrm30655 wrote:50 people were killed and another 50 wounded.  All were unarmed.  Couldn't have been much worse if someone had been shooting back

Even one more would be worse. No? The fact is, if that idiot didn't have easy access to guns then this would not likely have happened in the first place. That whole premise about everyone carrying guns is kind of like the arms race during the cold war. That didn't work too well either.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:04 pm

Just as in the Cold War follow the money.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:20 pm

lunateak wrote:Just as in the Cold War follow the money.

Just speculating here, like we all are: I think it was about hate, not money.
Naturally, Trump said it was about Islamic terrorism.
Only the dead shooter knows for sure.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:38 pm

Hmmmm.......Trumps good friends "the Russians" have been doing a bit of sabre rattling lately too.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:45 pm

What would the “founding fathers“ think? They intended us to bear arms: Single shot muskets with bayonets. Nothing more. Picture that scenario in a night club.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next