INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

+14
Gamina
Zedinmexico
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
DaveP
Carry Bean
slainte39
gringal
sparks
Bajabrady
gpbasap
Trailrunner
viajero
JayBear
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car Empty Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

Post by JayBear Mon May 16, 2016 9:28 am

My partner has an older Canadian car with long-expired Canadian plates, and he does not maintain a Canadian address any more. He has just successfully obtained Estado de Mexico plates and registration for this car, at a quite reasonable cost, thru an expediter who lives here in Ajijic. If you would like info about this, please PM me.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car Empty Re: Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

Post by viajero Mon May 16, 2016 9:34 am

I would be a little leery of the Estado de Mexico plates.
I don't think they're legit.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car Empty Re: Success getting Mexican plates for Canadian car

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 16, 2016 10:05 am

No, me either. And I think the only proof would be if you bought insurance (anyone will sell it to you and take your money) and you had a claim and it paid off! I think that would be the only way I would be convinced.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gpbasap Mon May 16, 2016 10:14 am

The big question is what happens next year when you try to get Jalisco plates.
gpbasap
gpbasap
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bajabrady Tue May 17, 2016 11:34 am

I'm interested. How do you pm?

Bajabrady
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Keep it Clean :)

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Tue May 17, 2016 11:48 am

Log in, go to the QuickJump Menu on the right, and click on Inbox and then Post New Message.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Tue May 17, 2016 11:48 am

Aren't their web sites you can check to see if cars are really registered in Mexico.   I've definitely heard of MEXICO plate scams ..... and this sounds like one

Just hope the car is not worth much .... and do nothing further
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 17, 2016 12:00 pm

viajero wrote:I would be a little leery of the Estado de Mexico plates.

That's a big subject for discussion.  Personally, I'd not touch the campesino plate arrangement.  I wonder what insurers do when there's an accident involving them?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 17, 2016 2:53 pm

Bajabrady wrote:I'm interested. How do you pm?
Suggest that you look at the same thread on chapala.com before you get too interested.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 17, 2016 7:27 pm

gringal wrote:

That's a big subject for discussion.  Personally, I'd not touch the campesino plate arrangement.  I wonder what insurers do when there's an accident involving them?

Is this the "campesino plate solution" that Sonia use to offer in Guanajuato or something/scam different?  Estado de Mexico? Rolling Eyes

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue May 17, 2016 7:48 pm

slainte39 wrote:
gringal wrote:

Is this the "campesino plate solution" that Sonia use to offer in Guanajuato or something/scam different?  Estado de Mexico? Rolling Eyes

This is Sonia's baby, and is still being offered as far as I know. Very Happy

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Tue May 17, 2016 8:02 pm

slainte39 wrote:

No,it's different but still a scam.
Now another (old Mexico hand),chillin,is recommending D.F plates
It's misinformation,bad advice and utter nonsense.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue May 17, 2016 10:31 pm

Who is in the lead?
Unexpected relatives and friends showing up with telephone calls or license plate salespeople?  

They must see a lot of low hanging fruit.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed May 18, 2016 8:38 am

This is not importing a car, this is about illegally registering an illegal car.  

Estado Mexico plates have been for "sale" for about a year.  I have seen ads offering the plates on Craigslist (in English) for approx. $500 USA (at least they are not greedy). You get plates, stickers, and a 3 year registration card.  The car is listed on repuve web site when imputing the license plate number.  

You do not get any type of factura. You can never sell the car.  You must maintain the address they pick and assigned to you in the state of Mexico.  (What will INM say about that?)  You can not register the car in any other State.  (Try to explain to the Federale or Transito that pulls you over why you have a Jalisco drivers license and Mexico plates.)

This is just another scam to add to the long list of scams that have taken expats for 100's of 1000's of dollars.  

There have been no virtual imports accomplished since the Aduana crackdown in Sept, 2014.  There are no judicial amparo's bending the law.  The only legal way to import is at the border.  Anything else could get you in trouble.

Here is last months thread about cars.

http://www.insidelakeside.com/t16407p25-legalize-an-american-car

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Wed May 18, 2016 9:26 am

Why don't Sonia & John get in trouble for doing this so blatantly?

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Wed May 18, 2016 9:40 am

Playaboy wrote:This is not importing a car, this is about illegally registering an illegal car.  

Estado Mexico plates have been for "sale" for about a year.  I have seen ads offering the plates on Craigslist (in English) for approx. $500 USA (at least they are not greedy). You get plates, stickers, and a 3 year registration card.  The car is listed on repuve web site when imputing the license plate number.  

You do not get any type of factura. You can never sell the car.  You must maintain the address they pick and assigned to you in the state of Mexico.  (What will INM say about that?)  You can not register the car in any other State.  (Try to explain to the Federale or Transito that pulls you over why you have a Jalisco drivers license and Mexico plates.)

This is just another scam to add to the long list of scams that have taken expats for 100's of 1000's of dollars.  

There have been no virtual imports accomplished since the Aduana crackdown in Sept, 2014.  There are no judicial amparo's bending the law.  The only legal way to import is at the border.  Anything else could get you in trouble.

This needs to be in CAPS but you have to understand

MEXICO HAS NOT ALLOWED THE IMPORT OF CANADIAN REGISTERED CARS TO MEXICO AT THE BORDER FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS. THIS IS STRICTLY NOT IT A AGREEMENT WITH NAFTA WHICH STATES THE CONDITIONS ON WHICH US AND CANADIAN CARS MAY BE IMPORTED TO MEXICO. MEXICO IS NOT COMPLYING WITH AN INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENT.
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Wed May 18, 2016 10:05 am

Carry Bean wrote:Why don't Sonia & John get in trouble for doing this so blatantly?
Good question.
John got banned for it so now he often posts using Sonia's name and he has the gall to accuse me of hiding behind a screen name when I call them on their bullshit,Haha.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 18, 2016 10:12 am

DaveP wrote:
Playaboy wrote:This is not importing a car, this is about illegally registering an illegal car.  

This needs to be in CAPS but you have to understand

MEXICO HAS NOT ALLOWED THE IMPORT OF CANADIAN REGISTERED CARS TO MEXICO AT THE BORDER FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS. THIS IS STRICTLY NOT IT A AGREEMENT WITH NAFTA WHICH STATES THE CONDITIONS ON WHICH US AND CANADIAN CARS MAY BE IMPORTED TO MEXICO. MEXICO IS NOT COMPLYING WITH AN INTERNATIONAL AGREEMENT.

Regardless of that, do you feel confident that insurance will cover someone with those plates in the event of an accident?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 18, 2016 10:28 am

Carry Bean wrote:Why don't Sonia & John get in trouble for doing this so blatantly?

Probably because they haven't been reported to the proper authorities or haven't been noticed outside of their clientele.  That, and the collusion and corruption of the organization they are/were doing business with. They are doing business with the mostly foreign community which would not tend to go after them, hammer and tong, but be able to operate just below the visibility level.
They get a ton of free advertising on TOB and pick their spots for promotion, (like safe). Now that their plan(s) have been so excoriated, they have backed off almost completely.
Unfortunately the OP of this thread has been allowed to come on this board and promote something totally illegal.
It's a head shaker.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 18, 2016 10:37 am

viajero wrote:
Good question.
John got banned for it so now he often posts using Sonia's name and he has the gall to accuse me of hiding behind a screen name when I call them on their bullshit,Haha.

You hit the nail right on the head. I remember Chris when they accused you of that and he was so pained that you stepped on his dainty toes....a lot of jajaja's.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Wed May 18, 2016 10:41 am

Note that the OP does not say the car was legally plated, just that plates were obtained. If you are not bothered by the need for transactions in which you are involved to be legal you can do a lot of things others will shy away from. Of course, you must also be unconcerned about the consequences of those actions in both the short and the long term.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed May 18, 2016 10:54 am

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Note that the OP does not say the car was legally plated, just that plates were obtained. If you are not bothered by the need for transactions in which you are involved to be legal you can do a lot of things others will shy away from. Of course, you must also be unconcerned about the consequences of those actions in both the short and the long term.

Well put, Lady O.
There's a substantial thread over on TOB re this subject today, and one of Sonia's posts sounds as though she's done a 360 turn about the legality of those plates she was previously touting. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 18, 2016 11:24 am

gringal wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Note that the OP does not say the car was legally plated, just that plates were obtained. If you are not bothered by the need for transactions in which you are involved to be legal you can do a lot of things others will shy away from. Of course, you must also be unconcerned about the consequences of those actions in both the short and the long term.

Well put, Lady O.
There's a substantial thread over on TOB re this subject today, and one of Sonia's posts sounds as though she's done a 360 turn about the legality of those plates she was previously touting. Rolling Eyes

Well, at least a 180....... lol!
And if you put up the cash, maybe a 360.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sparks Wed May 18, 2016 11:34 am

They aren't pushing DF plates ..... maybe Campesino plates. Read the posts on TOB and she says DF plates are illegal
sparks
sparks
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The joke's on me

http://sparksmex.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Wed May 18, 2016 12:06 pm

I know of 4 different car scams going on in Mexico today. I am sure there are many more.  The Mexico State plate scam is not the Sonia/John scam.  It is a competing scam chasing the same clients.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next