INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wars of Chula Vista

+7
RayS
Intercasa
David
Rolly
Demonio
Carry Bean
oncesubtle
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The wars of Chula Vista Empty The wars of Chula Vista

Post by Guest Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Can it get any weirder than this? Two folks from the former board of directors were arrested, handcuffed and placed in jail Thursday and are still there today I have zero understanding of what is going on in Chula Vista, just glad I do not live there. What a mess . Zoey

Back to top Go down

The wars of Chula Vista Empty Re: The wars of Chula Vista

Post by oncesubtle Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Weird indeed, down right crazy. I stopped by the Chapala jail this morning to see if they needed anything and they are not there.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:34 pm

All this fighting in gated communities & having experienced condo associations would make me think twice or 10 times before I bought into either one.

Last edited by Carry Bean on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling error)

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Demonio Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:11 am

Carry Bean wrote:All this fighting in gated communities & having experienced condo associations would make me thing twice or 10 times before I bought into either one.

Ditto -- I would NEVER even consider buying into one of these association governed hell holes managed by some crazy self-important knuckle-heads.
Demonio
Demonio
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:06 pm

Carry Bean wrote:All this fighting in gated communities & having experienced condo associations would make me thing twice or 10 times before I bought into either one.

I think you are quite correct in giving careful consideration to gated and fracc living. I was president for five years of a condo complex in the States, and it was constant battles. And these folks were working. Down here they have nothing better to do. Warfare happened in Villa Nova two years ago, but, thankfully, no one was jailed.

What is happening in Chukla Vista is absolutely insane. I would never live there. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 3:23 pm

bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun May 02, 2010 4:49 pm

I want to know more about this dust up. I just love to watch senile farts fighting over nothing.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 02, 2010 4:56 pm

Rolly wrote:I want to know more about this dust up. I just love to watch senile farts fighting over nothing.

and you have hit the nail on the head, once again, Rolly. Zoey.

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Sun May 02, 2010 6:54 pm

Rolly wrote:I want to know more about this dust up. I just love to watch senile farts fighting over nothing.

It's been a beauty Rolly, it's still going on and it looks like it might continue for quite a while. There have been a couple of articles in the Guadalajara Reporter and for your viewing pleasure I think you can access their archives by signing up. Here's some teaser copy posted today from their on-line home page.

Jailed Chula Vista residents set free

Written by Dale Hoyt Palfrey
Friday, April 30 2010 16:20
John McLeroth and Stuart Browne, the two Chula Vista residents who were arrested on April 22, are reportedly breathing easier after getting bailed out of the Ceinjure prison and receiving word of a ruling handed down Thursday, April 29 by the criminal judge overseeing their case that they believe has got them off the hook.

The attorney representing the plaintiffs, however, reports that criminal charges against the two men and six others are still pending.

*Restricted Article*

Unfortunately for the voyeuristically inclined TOB nuked the wreckages blood and guts and moped up their site so all the quotable quotes have been cast asunder.

Having not paid too much attention and from the little I remember: New board elected, not recognized by old board. Much vitriol, accusations of everything but sodomy (sub text) hitting TOB. Unidentified plain clothes detectives physically subdue and injure one old feller and arrest another, taking them both to prision. "They were kidnapped, not arrested'! read one plaintive post as the vehicles were unmarked (kinda scary at the time actually). Anyway, yesterday early morning some anonymous newbee clown posts that he/she is a private investigator and by God had strong suspicions the new president had padded her resume, and then it was off to the races as another jumped in exclaiming that it was proof the new president was lying and her resume was important issue! It went on and on from there until a mod woke up and nuked it about noon. It really is a shame its come to this but it is what it is. Stay tuned.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun May 02, 2010 7:22 pm

As I understand it the whole thing has to do with access thru CV to some land above it that someone wants to develop, and access to CV's wells for water for said future development. The "new" board is a group in favor. Apparently they (perhaps illegallly) called a General Meeting last fall, the attendees threw out the duly elected board and voted in the "new" board. Then the legal actions started. It got so confusing that a judge decreed that CV has NO properly elected board, therefore no one is in charge. More law suits and eventually criminal complaints which were intended to put the entire "old" board in jail! The Investigators were able to find only two of them and one is wheelchair bound! I'm sure the plot will thicken even more! Film @ 11:00.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun May 02, 2010 8:33 pm

Ususally people with small dicks or power issues in the US drive jacked up trucks or Toyota Priuses. It seems like in Mexico they want to be on the board of directors of home owner's associations.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Sun May 02, 2010 9:07 pm

Eons ago when I first heard of condominiums, I thought it was a terrible idea. Nothing has happened in the years since to change my mind.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RayS Mon May 03, 2010 9:49 am

Intercasa wrote:Ususally people with small dicks or power issues in the US drive jacked up trucks or Toyota Priuses. It seems like in Mexico they want to be on the board of directors of home owner's associations.

How so true!! lol!

RayS

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon May 03, 2010 11:41 am

Wonder why nobody named a car the "PRIAPUS"?

It's not just condo type associations here. It's everywhere. I lived in a planned development briefly in the U.S. (Got suckered in by the lake). They even regulated which shade of beige you could paint your house. Went to one HOA meeting and fled. The wars of Chula Vista 223506

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Intercasa wrote:Ususally people with small dicks or power issues in the US drive jacked up trucks or Toyota Priuses. It seems like in Mexico they want to be on the board of directors of home owner's associations.

Thanks so much for sharing the responses of your survey. To my knowledge Priuses are neither sold nor able to be repaired in Mexico. Is that correct? Which board of directors are you on? Sorry, but you asked for it. grin. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 03, 2010 4:01 pm

Dealing with HOAs is usually crap. Either the board members are power hungry or mismanage or they are saints and get crapped on for trying to help and then you'll have jerk residents who don't want to follow the rules even though they agreed to them before moving in.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 4:08 pm

Intercasa wrote:Dealing with HOAs is usually crap. Either the board members are power hungry or mismanage or they are saints and get crapped on for trying to help and then you'll have jerk residents who don't want to follow the rules even though they agreed to them before moving in.

I want to hear more about the small dicks. Please name names. Seriously, I would also like to know what you base this post upon and your experience in these issues. I have had five years experience as the president of a 125 unit condo complex in Michigan. None of what you say has been true in my experience. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 03, 2010 4:16 pm

My experience is from people talking to me about the issues with their associations. In so many people get a position to get power and lord it over others. Or to be able to control others for some personal shortcoming. The place I've seen the most problems is Mexico by far with cantankerous board members and delinquent high maintenance residents.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 03, 2010 5:11 pm

I really do not know what is going on in Chula Vista, nor do I really care, as I do not live there. What I do believe is that the infighting needs to be stopped as the foreigners in control, on both sides, are doing a disservice to themselves and to their property values. There is no way in the world I would suggest anyone to buy or rent in Chula Vista. And jailing a man with a walker is way over the stop. Stay away from Chula Vista, whether buying or renting, are my thoughts at this point. Zoey

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu May 06, 2010 9:01 am

Unless I read it incorrectly, the arrested board members ignored a court order. Stupid mistake #1. You better obey the laws where you are, walker or no walker. Wonder where the board members who fled are hiding?

I've been on a condo board a few times along with the board of our Humane Society 3 times & have no dick Suspect and never want anything to do with any of that nonsense again. Heck, even the Lake Chapala Society was having a war, weren't they? Who needs it? Another gripe I had with condo living is that you're still responsible for inside repairs & for what you pay in fees, you could hire the outside stuff done.

I'm renting for a few months in El Parque which is very nice, feels very safe, etc. & everyone has been friendly & there seems to be no problems here but that can change quickly if a few cranks move in & start a war. Not for me, plus I don't care about a pool & have no interest in paying for one. It's really a shame that normal homeowners in these fraccs or condos have to put up with the crap of a few.

I want to coast out of this life, not get beaten to death with petty caca that must make all of us look like loonies to our Mexican hosts.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 06, 2010 7:19 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Unless I read it incorrectly, the arrested board members ignored a court order. Stupid mistake #1. You better obey the laws where you are, walker or no walker. Wonder where the board members who fled are hiding?

I've been on a condo board a few times along with the board of our Humane Society 3 times & have no dick Suspect and never want anything to do with any of that nonsense again. Heck, even the Lake Chapala Society was having a war, weren't they? Who needs it? Another gripe I had with condo living is that you're still responsible for inside repairs & for what you pay in fees, you could hire the outside stuff done.

I'm renting for a few months in El Parque which is very nice, feels very safe, etc. & everyone has been friendly & there seems to be no problems here but that can change quickly if a few cranks move in & start a war. Not for me, plus I don't care about a pool & have no interest in paying for one. It's really a shame that normal homeowners in these fraccs or condos have to put up with the crap of a few.

AS usual, I enjoy your posts and find them honest and entertaining and insightful. I think El Parque will be an interesting experience for you. It will show you life in a gated community with a board of directors and then you can make an informed decision as if gated communities are to your liking. Good decision. The pool is great, the construction is so-so, but the interior finish is gorgeous, very, very close to neighbors, the up keep of the common areas is excellent. To my knowledge, not a single memeber of the board of directors has been jailed, nor threatened with jail and there is minimal friction there, unlike other gated communitites with boards of directors and many volunteer organizations with gringo majorities on their board of directors.

The problem, in my opinion, is that Americans, much less Canadians come down here and are bored, they are retired, they have little life and they get on boards of whatever and try to take over and the Mexicans do not like their stronghanded ways, as this is not a part of their culture. This has happened at a variety of gated communities and a variety of non-profit organizations. About two years ago, the Mexicans had it with a Board of directors that was mostly Americans for a local orphanage and fired the whole board. It was not because of any wrong doing that the American controlled board did. It was the way they did it and how controlling they were. It is all about attitude down here. Never, ever, be arrogant with a Mexican or you will live to regret it. They will not argue with you, just turn their heads, walk away and you will cease to exist. The LCS thing and the Chula Vista thing is basically gringo vs. gingo and the Mexicans are laughing their collective asses off at these old foreign fools. Sorry to be so longwinded. Zoey

I want to coast out of this life, not get beaten to death with petty caca that must make all of us look like loonies to our Mexican hosts.

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu May 06, 2010 7:54 pm

Zoey, I can't tell which part of this is yours and which part is Carriebeans. Never the less, I think it doesn't come from boredom, it comes from never having had POWER. Let's face it, we don't have a bunch of self-made millionaires, entrepenuers, and the like down here. We have a lot of folks who gave themselves "border promotions" and pretend that they are or were something that they wished they were. The end result is that we have a bunch of inexperienced amateurs running most organizations here. Incompetence is as incompetance does.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Thu May 06, 2010 8:01 pm

David, you hit the nail right on the head. Never have I seen so many CEO's CFO's ect gathered in one place.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri May 07, 2010 10:03 am

David and Martygraw: You have driven the nail clear through the log.

Anyone who has had real power in his/her working life doesn't feel the need to inflate a background, grab the top spot in these chickenpickin' organizations or make an ash of him/herself. The wars of Chula Vista 677358

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Fri May 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Gringal, you do have a way with words. Accurate too, from my perspective.
I have never had the misfortune to own property where there was a POA or HOA, but I have friends who do. Boy, have I heard horror stories!
It is so easy for someone to get voted in and then proceed to screw things up... much easier than being pleasant. Ever notice that those who feel the need to be "in control" of a situation will start by turning things ugly?
It takes a lot less effort and a whole lot less skill than solving differences through discussion and compromise, and these folks aren't interested in doing any real work. Rabble rousing and animosity are much easier and serve to distract others from the real problems. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next