INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is life like for single women in their 50's?

+5
Zedinmexico
The Postman
Grizzy
Mainecoons
riogrande888
9 posters

Go down

What is life like for single women in their 50's? Empty What is life like for single women in their 50's?

Post by riogrande888 Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:42 am

I am considering a permanent move to the Lake Chapala area.

I am single, in my 50's, currently living in San Miguel. I was wondering if I could get any feedback about what it is like for other single women in your area? I am a permanent resident of Mexico so I would be there full time, not going back as a snow bird. I am involved in animal rescue here in San Miguel, and would also do so down there. I am not retired, and would be working.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or advice..

riogrande888
riogrande888

Back to top Go down

What is life like for single women in their 50's? Empty Re: What is life like for single women in their 50's?

Post by Mainecoons Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 am

I really doubt that our area has the night life like San Miguel. You would be very welcome here working with animal rescue. Not sure what kind of work you do but this area does have the advantage of proximity to a major city, Guadalajara, and airport.
Mainecoons
Mainecoons
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Mad Magazine

Back to top Go down

What is life like for single women in their 50's? Empty Re: What is life like for single women in their 50's?

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:18 am

More single women than men here.
Lots of animal rescue work here.
Nicer weather than San Miguel.
Close airport is nice.
Nicer buildings and such in San Miguel.
Lakeside Villagers are very nice folks but not fancy folks.
Drastic changes of visitors here depending on season.

I will let the ladies talk about social life here and such as I am a married guy and clueless.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzy Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:02 am

I have many single female friends in their fifties and older, there is a lot of socializing and events to participate in. I moved to Chapala as a single mid fifties female knowing no one and have made a good circle of friends in a short time. I like to dance and there is at least one venue with live music every night here. I expect it is quieter here, less choices for finer dining. Why not spend a month or two lakeside and see how you like it?
Grizzy
Grizzy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : mandatory

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:10 am

Besides working and doing animal rescue, what do you enjoy doing? What is your social life comprised of now?
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by riogrande888 Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:42 am

I am not much for the go out every night party life and dining out in SMA has become very expensive.

I enjoy gardening, kayaking, going out with friends, book clubs, wine tasting, learning about the Mexican culture, my animals and rescue work, movies and the arts. I am glad to hear that there is a community of women of my age in town.

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I welcome them as it gives me a perspective on the area.

Are there areas where I might be able to rent with pets in the campo? I have a car and am used to being out of the expat enclaves.
riogrande888
riogrande888

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:56 am

the only "expat enclave" is ajijic. lots of other places you can rent with a pet and no need for your car. all the things you like are available to you here. this is the largest inland lake in mexico so you can kayak from your doorstep and join the kayak club.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Postman Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:26 am

I don't know how it is for a single woman here but there is a lot to do if you look around.  Cooking clubs, bridge card games, board games, yoga classes, theater, book club, dancing, etc. It is like anywhere... there is nothing to do until you look.

The Postman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Ajijic has more single women and they interact. Suggest starting out in Ajijic as it is easy than visit other areas like where Pedro live in Chapala and see what you like.  Ajijic is easy for a newbie. Other areas are cheaper to be fair but I like the energy of Ajijic.  Other folks may have different opinions than myself. Ajijic is very women friendly in my opinion.  So many choices lakeside?  How is your Spanish?  Ajijic is easy with LCS to meet people and the plaza.  Chapala is more Mexican than Ajijic.
Edit new comment
Well I just talked to my wife and she says Chapala is very nice for newbie ladies.  Better than it was years ago for Gringas.  I stand corrected.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:44 pm

my wife has no problem interacting with both ferner and mexican women in chapala single or married. actually she has female friends from chapala all the way to jocotepec[gasp!]
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:38 pm

There is no difference in the friendliness or sociability of women living in Chapala or Ajijic--or anywhere. How many friends you have and how busy you are depends on how many friends you want and how busy you want to be.
The things you mentioned that you like to do are readily available here. I have a friend who moved here recently. She jumped in doing the things she enjoys doing and already has a strong social circle. It just happens in the natural course of living your life.
Once you have visited you will have a much better feeling for the various towns and villages. You will begin to see which ones will best suit you and your lifestyle. The one thing you do not need to be
concerned about is making friends.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:52 pm

riogrande...there is a Facebook group of women from the Lakeside area that meet for lunch once a week. I have not gone to one of the lunces, but it seems to be an active group. You may want to join
https://www.facebook.com/groups/528636037269927/
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:25 pm

Riogrande, 1st welcome to Lakeside. Contact Vern or Lori Gieger, they run the Wildlife group here at Lakeside and are licensed with Semarnat and Profepa. There number is 376 765 4916.

Welcome to the board, Jim
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down